the most expensive hobbys

dragracer

Having hobbies must be some kind of financial punishment or something like that
Saltwater Fish
Drag Racing
Drums
Plus the truck that pulls the car and carries the drums around.

oceanic110

Originally posted by KittyKitty
Hah, nothing ticks men off more than when I beat EVERY single one of them at pool.

I'll take that challenge. Bring your best game WOMEN!!!!!

polarpooch

Pretty funny, another woman that can shoot a 45. My wife gets funny looks all the time when whe's shooting her kimber or springfield. Most guys think it's to much gun for a woman to handle.
Oh I HATE hearing that. I hear it often, too. My .45 is the smoothest gun I've ever shot. Please tell the fellas to get a clue (no Stacy, I don't mean you!)
Stacy,
Have you tried buying ammo at Walmart?! ...maybe you're just stuck paying California prices! hehehe.
You could buy from the Gary Olson catalog (website is www.sportsmansguide.com) or the Cheaper Than Dirt catalog (also online at www.cheaperthandirt.com). Good deals on target quality ammo there. It might save you some cash--cause THAT kind of money for shooting---wowza.

innsmouth

1. SWF
2. Vintage analog synthesizers
3. Books (art reference, comics, novels, etc. I love paper!)
4. Tattoos
:joy:

kittykitty

Originally posted by oceanic110
I'll take that challenge. Bring your best game WOMEN!!!!!

You wouldn't stand a chance in hell.

stacyt

polarpooch,
I'll agree that the .45's we have are some of the smoothest guns, although I shoot better with double actions for some reason. I have a tendancy to jerk the trigger on the .45's.
Normally I go in with the guy that owns the local gun range, and go in on an order with him, and he only charges me whatever his cost is. I just blow through the ammo like there's no tomorrow. I've priced cheaperhtandirt, and a few others, and I'm still paying less.
I just spend to much time at the range. Some days my job includes a drive up into the mountains, and the range is on the way. I can stop by for an hour or 2, and nobody will miss me. The cell doesn't work on the drive up, and traffic can just be horrible going up the mountain.:D

blackomne

StacyT and Polarpooch,
What are your feeling on a 9MM vs a 45. I so want to get a Colt 1911 but a 9MM is cheaper and holds more rounds. I know the knock down is not as great but I debating the tradeoffs. I just haven't found a 9mm that stands up to the Colt yet.
As for Women that Shoot....
Send them my way, I SO love a women that would go out and shoot with me. Nothing better than a women that can handle herself and doesn't limit herself in our stereotyped world.

polarpooch

What are your feeling on a 9MM vs a 45. I so want to get a Colt 1911 but a 9MM is cheaper and holds more rounds. I know the knock down is not as great but I debating the tradeoffs. I just haven't found a 9mm that stands up to the Colt yet.

I have an awesome .45 (H&K tactical), so it's leaps and bounds above my O.K. 9mm pistol (Ruger P95). I prefer to shoot the .45, it's smoother and has more power. If you're thinking personal protection (which is a good thing to consider!), I don't even think it's a contest. Just my opinion.

stacyt

Another good option is the .40 S&W. Sort of in between the 9 & 45. I would say go with what you're the most comfortable shooting with, and what feels the best in your hands. They do make some 1911's in .40 as well.

ratpack

1. paintball
2. saltwater aquarium
3. aviation
i have play paintball for about 5 year. i have more money invest on my gun than i have in my tank
also aviation is to expencive. i start this year studying aviation damn it is so expencive:mad:
but i think the 3 of them are the coolest hobbies. welpaintball is not a hobbie is a sport but you can count it like so.