The motherload of pics

puffer24/7

sweet thanks dude also i am looking at buyin a new tank it is a tenecor 110 gallon flat back hexagon with all the filtration built in and stand and canopy with faouxstone finish and was wondering how much i should be paying for that it is in excellent condition and also the reason why i am asking you is because you really know what ur talkin about and i like that also what would you recommend for me to get i want to do fo with lr and i really like puffers let me know thank you

puffer24/7

its flourecent with Simplicity Plus aquariums are a Tenecor original design in which the filter is built into the tank. This system allows for easy set-up and low maintenance with no external plumbing, clutter, or leaks. Simplicity Plus aquariums are ideal for fresh or saltwater use and are designed to accommodate the maximum amount of bio-media for dependability. Quiet and reliable, Simplicity Plus aquariums have added a new dimension to the hobby and set a new standard in value. Simplicity Plus aquariums come complete with bio-media, powerhead(s), pre-filter sponge, and centipede returns installed at the factory.
Flat Back Hexagon Simplicity Plus aquariums are available with a dark blue or black back and feature bent front corners on all standard models.
Flat Back Hexagon Simplicity Plus models that are 36" in length or more can be upgraded with a Red Sea® airlift protein skimmer to optimize performance with saltwater systems.
Healthy aquariums require three types of filtration: Biological, Mechanical, and Chemical. Tenecor's Simplicity Plus filtration system incorporates all three into an efficient and compact design. Excess filter capacity and ease of maintenance make this system simple to use and our false-back design hides all of the filtration equipment from view. It's both beautiful and practical!

J

jcrim

Sounds like you have a built in wet/dry... doesn't sound like a sump. This filter may cut into the volume of the tank. In any event, the lights are normal output meaning no reef. You still have the clown trigger? If its going in this tank, then go with aggressives. Triggers, puffers, eels. I'd probably do about 5 fish total. I love aggressive tanks. These types of fish are very hardy, not susceptible to disease and are very active. Understand, though, that aggressives are large waste producers. Eventually you may want to invest in a protein skimmer if one isn't coming with your tank.
Another option is less aggressive community fish. With these, you could mix larger fish (tangs) with smaller fish (clowns, firefish, etc). With the smaller fish you could probably do a few more fish.
For a used system like this, I'd probably be ok paying $1000-1200 give or take a few dollars. This is assuming this tank is in very good condition. Good luck.

puffer24/7

sweet would i be able to do tangs and puffers and eels also it is 110 gallons of water and the filter does not take up the 110 gallons that was the first question i asked it is also acrylic i think i mentioned that also out of curiosty will i be able to keep a shark small one like banded or something

J

jcrim

Originally Posted by puffer24/7
sweet would i be able to do tangs and puffers and eels also it is 110 gallons of water and the filter does not take up the 110 gallons that was the first question i asked it is also acrylic i think i mentioned that also out of curiosty will i be able to keep a shark small one like banded or something
I probably wouldn't do a shark in a tank like that b/c it is only 5 ft long and the shape of a flat back hex limits the width on both ends. The 18 inches is in the center... widest part. That's not to say a banded catshark wouldn't live in that tank. It probably would survive for a while. Just understand that getting one would basically be committing yourself to an even larger tank in 6-12 mo's. If you really want a shark, you could save the headache and just get a 180 glass for the same price.

J

jcrim

Generally speaking, yes but it depends on which species. Got a particular list in mind? Still have the clown trigger?

puffer24/7

still have the clown but he is going to be moved on to another tank i was kinda thinkin about a dog face powder blue maybe a foxface etc and also a sfe

J

jcrim

Hmm... I'd probably only do about 5. Maybe a niger or bluethroat trigger. Purple tang? Most wrasses would work... I like a dragon wrasse. One of the pygmy angels should be ok. Almost any damsel.

J

jcrim

I've never kept more than one puffer in a tank, although I know it can be done. The great thing about puffers is that they tend to dominate a tank... always up front, looking for you, pushing other fish out of the way. In a 110 I'd probably do just one but that is just my personal preference.

J

jcrim

Probably... triggers are sometimes a crapshoot and things depend on the size. Huma's are pretty aggressive as triggers go and I've had one kill a lion but for others they've been fine. If you try one, make the huma much smaller than the puffer.