The Nemo Holocaust!!!MUST READ!

hermitkrab

Alright as we all now Findin Nemo was the first movie with saltwater fish in it since Jaws (lol). Although I loved this movie and it re-awakened my love for saltwater fishies, but my GOD! In the movie that Dr. has a like 100 or MAYBE (pushing it) 150 gallon tank in his office with a moorish idol!? OMG a moorish idol needs like 300 gallon and there needs to be more than ONE! Also the puffer, lol, I mean, ugh to mad to think but you all know what a puffer would do with that shrimp by the end of the day! Oh and zero snail and crabs?! but they have a shrimp? no sense! And ONE clownfish with all of those other +5" fish, he'd be gone in a week! This movie has caused the deaths of 1,000s if not more saltwater fish! People go into a store say I want the fish from Finding Nemo and they have like a 30 gallon tank and don't know what to do I put plastic rock and anemones in there, I mean people at the stores should say, "Uh, all these fish will die in your tiny tiny tank!", but even if they did people would just lie and say they had like a 500 gallon tank. I've seen people get mad when you tell them that is too many fish cause they think they are like goldfish with salt. I don't know about everyone else but for one as a hobbyist and fish lover it would have been better if they never created Finding Nemo cause of the 1,000s of dead saltwater fish, coral, anemones, inverts, etc. also because since that movie more poeple have gotten into the hobby (many for the wrong reasons) rising the price of live fish, inverts, etc. and supplies. I dunno about you all but Finding Nemo is a fish Nazi made by Pixar!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

gasguzzler

Are you on any medication we should know about?

Seriously, I think in part you are right. People have done this, and the LFS is more than happy to take thier money. People dont bother to do any research on thier own before they buy and there lies the problem. They rely on the LFS to give them the correct information. Up here, I have been blessed with 2 really good LFS's within 4 miles of eachother. I routinely hear conversations in those stores about tank size and tank mates. Usually, the customer gets offended and storms for either the door or the manager/owners office. Looking at this, I see where some LFS's are coming from, though it be irresponsible, to just sell them the fish in question. However, it still falls on the customers shoulders to either do the research, or get out of the hobby. Also, do not do research on fish store websites (also most trying to get your money). Use message boards like these that this wonderful site provides.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
That tank in the movie was 55 tops. Also, throughout the movie the "theme" was that fish are happy in the ocean, not in fish tanks. Somehow, though, human beings completely missed that and assumed it would be a good idea to set up a nemo tank for their 3 yr olds. :rolleyes: then blame the movie makers for copying their idea that ended in disaster. Come-on. Those who get into this hobby should be adults, or mature teens, who can think for themselves, not follow the guidelines of a children's movie.

bang guy

Just in case you're wondering... Gamma Rays won't turn you into a big green guy with huge muscles.

squidd

Originally posted by Bang Guy
Just in case you're wondering... Gamma Rays won't turn you into a big green guy with huge muscles.

Is this an "off shoot" of the UV/Black light experiment...??
I was wondering how "phase Three" was going...:yes:

angelofish

Duh! Everyone knows the gamma ray thing would never work. Now getting bit by a radio-active spider and getting it's power, that's real!

ryand

wow we todally got off the topic i can understand what you people are saying about finding nemo but at the same time it is a cartoon. but that movie can also get a lot of the people who wernt sure on it reserch on sites like these and have them figure out its not all that simple but then it educates the people that visit the sight and then they get there own sucsessful tank( only if they do there research good like me^_^) like i studdied what people were saying on the forums and reading all the discriptions from the sight for 9 weeks and now i am on my way to having a successful tank (very cool if you ask me) but yes i agree that they have to be mature but what 10 year old is going to pay over 500 dallers on a tank for the suplies alone so nemo has its negatives and its posatives its just a fact of science " for every action there is an equal and oppisite reaction" read up on the laws of newton lol

joker_ca

your kind of right, i used to work at a national pet store but we didn't sell saltwater fish (thank god) and after that movie came out a sh_t load of people wanted to set up a tank with the fish from finding NEMO so i understand what your saying but you have to remember this movie was made for 5yr olds not adults

ryand

LMAO(for those of you who dont knwo what it means i will tell you only if ur over 13) that is great and yeah i liked the nemo movie to it was cool but lets be real cartoons... id rather wach movies about well tenage stuff horror and
$h!-|-

ajwaters

My feeling is most people are stupid. and no matter where u go to by something most "sales men/women" will try to rip you off in any hobby/need or want.
And if we try to put the knowledge into to the young generation they will not be subjected to supidity. Just by learning by us
I spend hours on about anything i buy over 50/100 dollars and i hope that sinks in too my kids.
I do know that filter the dentist bought was pretty cool though, and if there was such a thing to do reading i would want to head off and get it
:D

ryand

ummm beth you dont allow e-mails ....
HOW AM I SUPOST TO TELL YOU :scared:
because i am not going to get introuble telling you on here