The Purple Firefish

meowzer

Well here is the Purple Firefish in the 28G......I have to sneak up on it, or it dives into a cave LOL

flower

He is beautiful...careful he might go airborn if he dives when you go past the tank or get too close...he is too easily spooked

S

siptang

Looks very pretty! I really want one but I am scared that my other fire fish will try to kill it.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/390487/the-purple-firefish#post_3458597
Looks very pretty! I really want one but I am scared that my other fire fish will try to kill it.
I thought firefish were one of the few that an get along with others like themselves. They are very peaceful fish...they just spook and jump.... my only complaint or I would have a few in the SH tank.

novahobbies

Ditto. I was thinking of one for the seahorse tank, but the back of the hood is open so I'm afraid he's going to jump.
Yours looks fantastic, Lois! Good job on the aquascaping in there too....

slice

Nice! I like the purple ones best.
We have 2 regular Firefish in our tank (Bonnie and Clyde). Clyde is a wuss, afraid of his own shadow.
Bonnie is very laid back, doesn't get excited over much of anything.

meowzer

Thanks everyone.....I have had a few of the red ones...but either they jumped or disappeared....
I have always wanted a purple, and I decided to try it in the cube.....if it gets out...it's a houdini fish LOL

perchpsk

From my experiences the Purple firefish seem to be more skittish and shy than the standard colored ones. As noted they are notorious jumpers and tend to be picked on by larger fish. I had a pair of clowns that terrorized my firefish until they all died or jumped ship.