THE T-5 Q&A THREAD

teresaq

The tank is a 58 gal - the fixture is 36 inches.
Since I cant keep sps with seahorses I guess im good to go with zoos, leathers and shrooms
T

mp32

Can someone PM me and let me know where the best place to get ATI and other t5 bulbs, I would like a one stop shop for my bulbs and have not found a good one yet. One more question, My Nova Extreme pro has been up and running for a year, am I changing my bulbs too early and they can they last longer, or is a year the right time?

mp32

Thanks for all the help. I have a couple more questions, First I was told today that the Fiji Purple lose a significant amount of color after only 4 months, is this true? If so then what would be a good alternative? Last question: Do I need to change my bulbs a few at a time a week so everything can get used to the new bulbs or can I change them all at once?

culp

i have never heard of the fiji purple losing much of any thing in 4 months. also i have always just changed all the bulbs at once.

fanker

they dont lose color and put them all in, just turn one switch on for a week than both but just for 6-8 hours everday add about 30mins until u reach ur normal lighting schedual

teresaq

What would a good bulb combo be for a 6 bulb fixture.
The two outside bulbs are tru actinic which is fine. They are on one switch. I like to turn them on in the morning and at night.
I need the 4 bulbs in the middle. Right now there is 1 10 k and 3 aqua blue +
Its a little two white even with the blue +

amajda0519

I am looking at getting a T5 for my 29 gallon (30 x 19 x 12). Most lights I find are either 24 or 36 inches with a rare 30 inch one. I don't obviously want to get a 36" because it will hang off the side of the tank but if I get a 24" light can is it alright for me to set it directly on my glass top? Any light suggestions would be great too...right now I'm looking at the Nova Extreme 4 light version 4x24w.
Thanks!

tdog7879

i have a nova extreme pro 6 x 54 and i just replaced my bulbs with uv lighting.
i have 2 UV 454 ,2 UV aquasun and 2 UV actinic white. I have never used these bulbs and this is my 1st bulb replacement.. i just wanted to get your opinions of the combo that i am using and your reviews on UV lighting.
Thanks