the thermos blind trade

reefkprz

at this point we dont know where the thermos is, hopefully it didnt slip into the PO's dead letter office.

reefkprz

not much we can do except hope he plays nice and ships you back something and ships the thermos on. it would be a shame to lose the thermos its been accross the country several times at this point.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Flricordia
http:///forum/post/2647896
I would like to participate in this if it opens to another trader.
I will add you to the list of people that want in if there is time left in the season, last year we ran into cold weather problems at the end of the trade circle, 2-3 days in freezing weather cost a couple of people their frags. I want to avoid that.

mr_x

hey..what are the rules on this thermos trade?
i have some interesting things i could add.
is there a value limit?

reefkprz

the rules are pretty simple, no super commons, no discosomas, rics are acceptable. uncommons, semi-rare, even rare if you wish to send it, polyps count must be at least 5, and the coral must be able with hold up to USPS priority mailing. its basicly a way for pweople to share uncommon stuff without spending lots of money, you ship 2x once to the person your getting the thermos from and once to send the thermos onward, so it works out to 2 (or more) semirare corals for about 20$ in my case scopus was very generous and sent several frags instead of just one because he did not know what I already had, this is not needed or expected and it should be known that you may get something you already have, this has happened to me before with the freinds I usually blind trade with. you ca chose to ship faster at your own cost, dont expect the reciever to pay thats the idea everyone ships out at their expense.
its worked good so far but this not hearing anything from rhyno-nm has me worried. so far no one has bailed. hopefully its just a matter of losing internet connection or something like that.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Mr_X
http:///forum/post/2647908
is there a value limit?
not really. but you cant expect to send a 400$ frag and get one of equal value back. so we try to keep it reasonable, but fun for the reciever.
basically you send about the value you would like to recieve back but dont be suprised if you get less it may be all the person has.

reefkprz

Sooo..... it seems rhyno-nm bailed. no contact, thermos must be there by now. damn. I checked his profile and he hasnt been on since may 24th. damn

fats71

Well. I would be willing to purchase a thermos and restart it if need be. I was thinking of what I would send and was thinkig about one of my pink yumas but I saw we send something around 20 bucks. I still might but will have to talk it over with mgt as I bought them for her.

reefkprz

nobody right now X your on the waiting list with a bunch of other people.
The THERMOS is MIA at this point so we may have to begin again with a new thermos. the present list will continue.scopus tang got shafted by rhyno NM.
I recieved a PM from scopus he is willing to reship to coraljunky (sans thermos) to keep the blind trade rolling.I'll pick up a new thermos this weekend and ship it to the next person in line (coral junky) and we shall start signing it all over again.

silverdak

about how many people are on this list?? my tank wont be ready to accept and have stuff to ship for at least a month....but I would like to get in on this as well...

reefkprz

Originally Posted by SilverDak
http:///forum/post/2649992
about how many people are on this list?? my tank wont be ready to accept and have stuff to ship for at least a month....but I would like to get in on this as well...
the whole Idea its to trade random uncommon stuff. I dont think its possible to trade without having anything to trade.

mr_x

quick question- i have a coral(i don't want to spoil the suprise) that is way too valuable to send 5 polyps/mouths of. can i use my discretion, or should i skip this coral?