The Time Has Come!!!

I've been itchin and it's time for a new tank!!! I started my 28 bowfront with all hang on equipment in March '08. It was all purposely done cheap and ghetto because i wanted to make sure i was going to like the hobby before i went all out. Well... I'm now obsessed and it's time to go all out. I decided to go with a 40 breeder because i love the dimensions and am worried certain apartments wont let me keep a 75
. Anyway, I picked up an Aqueon glass tank and a sea storm 75 skimmer. I'm waiting for my aga internal overflow kit (600gph) to come so i can get the right size glass hole saws for the bulkheads. I also orded a piece of 1/8" abs plastic to bend my own overflow box and I'm waiting on my 600 gph Via Aqua return pump to come in. I'll be using my existing Koralia #1 and picked up a second today. I'm using my 20 gallon long as a 2 chamber sump/refugium. I'm going to be building my own stand, as well. I need to order my 36" Nova Extreme Pro soon, too. I'll definitely get pictures up as soon as i start the build. Right now its just parts lying around. I hate when people announce their builds before they have pics, but hey, I'm excited! I'm planning keeping my current fish and corals as well as LOTS of SPS :)
Equipment:
Aqueon 40 Gallon Breeder Display Tank
AGA 600GPH Internal Overflow Kit
Custom ABS Plastic Overflow Box (Centered in the tank)
36" Nova Extreme Pro (6x39 watt T5 HO)
2 Koralia #1 400gph
20 Gallon Long Sump
SeaStorm 75 Protein Skimmer
600 GPH Aqua Via Return Pump

Kinda fitting that my new build starts on my 50th post. I didn't join the forum until i started thinkin about a new tank. I'm so good at talking myself into things hahaha.

meowzer

Originally Posted by wakeboard3584
http:///forum/post/3051137
Kinda fitting that my new build starts on my 50th post. I didn't join the forum until i started thinkin about a new tank. I'm so good at talking myself into things hahaha.
LOL...YEAH...Then it's the addiction that takes over

i've got most of my supplies in for the build. pictures will be coming soon. still waiting on my glass hole saw. started to build the frame for the stand today.

gettin closer. sump is built, tank is drilled and plumbed. still haven't done much work to the stand. maybe later this week. i'm gonna get pictures of everything once the frame for the stand is done. still need to order lights too.