the universe

shinobi9119

Anybody who is curious about this should read Michio Kaku's book Paralle Worlds. it talks about all this stuff and its explained in a very easy to understand way. He talks about string and M-theory.
I just skimmed the thread, but jist gunna say some stuff. One theory is that our universe is one of many in someting called the multiverse( i think 11th dimension) where there are many universes(like bubbles) floating and when 2 bubbles collide they coud possibly give birth to a new universe(even ours) this could be the big bang. I thnk thats the very rough idea of how the theory goes.
black holes- gunna try to say a lot in a little. There is something in a black hole called the event horizon. It is the farthest point light can travel. As you arrpoached a black hole you would be ripped apart at an atmoic level. When you ass through the event horizon you would be crushed. Once inside the event horizon you could never get out unless you go faster that the speed of light(impossibile). I think there was a theory about being able to pass through the event horizon and come out some other place which would be a white hole, but no living creature could live to tell about it and you need to be the first thng to break the event horizon(even beat light) because the gravity will cause said crushing and atom ripping. And it may be possible to stablize wormholes for travel if we use exotic negative matter since it is repelled instead of attracted to gravitational forces(so it would be almost impossible to get). But it could allow the wormhole to not collapse since it has repellent forces and this travel could be 2 way with out fear of collapse after a one way trip.
I dont know if all this is correct theory since i havent read the book in some time but hope this helps a little. Im to tired to rea the whole thread, but i will chime in again if i see something else on here.

bjoe23

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/2859138
Well, and theoretically, every star in the sky could be another sun and there could be millions of parallel earths.

You are asking questions that the human brain is not yet ready to know the answer too, not saying you shouldn't ask, that's how we will motivate ourselves to answer the question.

My science teacher talks about this stuff all the time. And the big bang hasnt been totally "proven" but it is a very good theory.
And every "star" we see in the sky is a galaxy. Each galaxy contains alot of solar systems. So all the stars we see in the sky are the suns of the galaxies. There are hundreds of BILLIONS of galaxies. There are more of them then there are grains of sand on the earth

bang guy

Originally Posted by bjoe23
http:///forum/post/2862036
My science teacher talks about this stuff all the time. And the big bang hasnt been totally "proven" but it is a very good theory.
And every "star" we see in the sky is a galaxy. Each galaxy contains alot of solar systems. So all the stars we see in the sky are the suns of the galaxies. There are hundreds of BILLIONS of galaxies. There are more of them then there are grains of sand on the earth

Just a couple comments on this:
The Scientific Method cannot prove anything. The end result is either a workable Theory or something is dis-proved.
And on the stars, I disagree completely. Most of the stars we see are just that, stars.

bpn25

To answer the question, I believe the universe is shaped like a torus (doughnut) with a supermassive black hole in the center that bends light into a circle. This way, the universe seems continuous when observed from the inside, because all the light you see is circling inside the loop of the dognut. This light can continue circling forever thus creating the illussion of infinate space.
Thats just my personal belief having contemplated this question many times.

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by bpn25
http:///forum/post/2862819
To answer the question, I believe the universe is shaped like a torus (doughnut) with a supermassive black hole in the center that bends light into a circle. This way, the universe seems continuous when observed from the inside, because all the light you see is circling inside the loop of the dognut. This light can continue circling forever thus creating the illussion of infinate space.
Thats just my personal belief having contemplated this question many times.
So you think that out side of the donut is just vast never ending nothingness?

bjoe23

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/2862578
Just a couple comments on this:
The Scientific Method cannot prove anything. The end result is either a workable Theory or something is dis-proved.
And on the stars, I disagree completely. Most of the stars we see are just that, stars.
I know i said it wasnt proven..
Yes they are stars, suns are stars and most of are from different galaxies.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by bjoe23
http:///forum/post/2863256
I know i said it wasnt proven..
Yes they are stars, suns are stars and most of are from different galaxies.
i thought most visible stars were from the milky way? or do you mean all stars in general?

wattsupdoc

Well it's obvious there are few here with my level of superior intellect. If you had understood my post correctly you would have had the answer already. Our universe is NOTHING ...filled with many THINGS, Galaxies, black holes, Nebula's, whatever.... There is only one NOTHING. No other universes. It is simple, you complicate it in order to make a feeble mind feel superior.

There definitely are other planets in this universe that sustain life. We have all but discovered it already on our sister planet MARS...Soon. There are definitely other forms of life out there that we probably don't recognize as life yet, but possibly one day we will. There is definitely our same form of life out there, somewhere...in the vastness. When they come for you, you too, will be able to know definitely these things.

snakeblitz33

Personally, I think it is impossible to have a universe that is so big, with infinate amounts of planets and star systems and there NOT be another form of life somewhere.
And what's kind of creepy is that there is probably another race of things out there that are having this same argument. hehe