The worst thing a LFS CUSTOMER ever said

xdave

Heres the worst thing I ever heard at a lfs. The vice president in charge of aquatics for the chain I was working at says to me " I know it took me a year to get you to leave your distributor job to come here and be a district aquatics manager, and you certainly proved to everyone that you're worthy by taking the worst store in the chain and blasting it to #4 of 32 in only 2 months, I really hate to tell you this with only a couple of weeks left in your probation period, but we just sold the whole chain to Petsmart."
I'm glad people got to vent a little :hilarious
The koi in the bowl is pretty funny. Thats some good comic strip material.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by xDave
Heres the worst thing I ever heard at a lfs. The vice president in charge of aquatics for the chain I was working at says to me " I know it took me a year to get you to leave your distributor job to come here and be a district aquatics manager, and you certainly proved to everyone that you're worthy by taking the worst store in the chain and blasting it to #4 of 32 in only 2 months, I really hate to tell you this with only a couple of weeks left in your probation period, but we just sold the whole chain to Petsmart."
Aw dave, I am sorry that happened to you, that's just wrong!

rara12

Originally Posted by xDave

i can relate. I turned my store, New Jersey pets, from the worst in the chain to the best, (well best outa three aint hard) Then we got sold to *****

reef diver

I work at my dad's restaurant part time, mainly during summer and new years. (this is how I pay off my tank) you dont want me to unload. Lets just say some people think they are more special than the rest of us. Now heres my mothers day story. So therees two tables one with three kids and their parents and one with two people. The kids arnt acting up they are just being kids. So the lady at the second table walks up to me and asks for a buisness card. She promptly writes a note the back. She then gives it to the mother of the three kids. The mother read the nothe then promtly started bawling and ran out the door. The husband hurriedly payed, and leftwith the kids. I went to the table and read the note it said. "Your children are beautiful, however it is sad that their parents are unable to control them" Sad huh, even on mothers day. It may not be a LFS but i think it qualifies.

bot587

rara that prolly wasnt that hard to do lol... when i left the east hanover store Jim and Tom were not to happy =P

xdave

So , to go off topic, you ***** guys know that Petsmart is trying to buy you? Wont be as bad for you as me I think. My chain, Petzazz, had net caught marine and propagated coral and stuff.

drewsta

The worst thing I think I ever heard when I worked at the LFS...... A customer walks in and asked me if we had any cool looking fish, so I told him about our cool box fish some rare tangs and some cool groupers. I asked him what he had in his tank the he said "hmm lets see 2 tangs a yellow and a sailfin a zebra eel 3 clown fish and a coral banded catshark (newly hatched he said). My immediate reaction was WOW thats quite a tank what size is it? He said "24G Nano Cube" my jaw hit the floor!!!!! He said but I have plenty of space let me tank that yellow cubicus, I said sir that fish will grow to 16" he then said "I only asked you what fish were cool not your opinion on what I should have or get." So I baged his fish for him and sent him on his way he wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise. I hope all goes well for him
but poor fish

lion_crazz

Wow Drewsta, I would not have sold that fish to the guy. Yikes.
ReefDiver, that is a horrible thing that that person said to the woman on mother's day.

jenny_rs

I know this has nothing to do with lfs's, but i work at no frills... just last saturday, when i was cashing out a customer with their mastercard, it froze. i could not override it, hit enter, clear, nothing worked. i had to restart the damn thing. so i was trying to explain to the couple that it froze, and that the office cashier was calling the bank to find out if the purchase had gone through on her card. the problem was, it was going to take a while, maybe 20 or 30 minutes while the office cashier waited on hold... the customer was in such a hurry, so i tried to explain to the them that they had 2 choices:
a) leave your groceries and your number and we'll call you to let you know if it went through. if it went through, you can pick up your groceries.
b) i can rescan all of your groceries, and when you get your statement, if you have been charged twice, come in and get a refund.
This was the stupedest response i've ever heard in all of my 5 years working cash:
"Why can't i take my groceries home, and then when you find out if it has gone through i can come back and pay?"
I said, " because that is considered stealing, like getting 80 dollars worth of free groceries, and i cannot allow you to do that. what proof do i have that you will even come back?"
Then she says, "well if you keep my groceries isn't that stealing the other way around?"

rara12

Originally Posted by Bot587
rara that prolly wasnt that hard to do lol... when i left the east hanover store Jim and Tom were not to happy =P

i wish they didnt retire, thats why they sold.. and i really dont think ***** will be bought by petsmart. We sell rabbits and such and saltwater, they dont. And i have talked to plenty of hi up there people and they say they will never sell. I hope thats the way it stays.

schlechter

Originally Posted by ImUrNamine
Me: *Slightly raises voice* Well in about a week when your Ammonia spikes and your fish die, come back and see me and I'll help you get your levels down! *Friendly wave*
Harlequinne,
I think the friendly wave part tope it off. I have known some people that need that kind of goodbye...
I don't work in retail but do work in customer service and WOW is it an eye opener....

tx reef

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
I have way too many stories to share. One that comes to mind immediatley is the story of the woman with damsels.
One time while working at an LFS, a woman came up to me with a plastic bag of one dead fish. It was a blue devil damsel. She said that she bought it last night and it died and she wanted to know why. I asked her what was in her tank, and she told me there were four more of these type of fish (other damsels). She said they all looked iffy right now. After 20 minutes of questioning her about her tank, I came to realize that she does not even have a saltwater tank. She set up her tank as freshwater, and was not cycling it with damsels. She had no clue that the fish she had purchased were saltwater, and the salesperson at this other LFS failed to tell her that 1) she should not cycle her tank with fish and 2) damsels are strictly saltwater fish. :scared:

:hilarious
:hilarious

fishgeek01

since we are on the subject of lfs's i started a thread titled what would the perfect lfs have, please check it out and give me some feed back

sk8r_dave

O.k one day I was in a LFS looking at some coral.Then a kid pointed at some Figi LR and said."Mom look at the coral!!!"Then I said."That's not coral it's live rock the coral is in the tank beside it."Then I went 2 the fish section.When I was leaving the kid's mom came up to me and asked."How big do turrtles get?"I said."I don't know,maybe you should ask someone who works here."Then she gave the funnyest expresion I've everseen kind of like this :scared: this :mad: and this
put together.

rara12

well one of my regulars told me a story of the people renting out their 2nd floor unplugging their cichlid tank, stealing their tools, and then when confronted on it they took her three dogs drove 2 towns over and let them free. It took her a week and $150 to get her dogs back. She saved all her fish and sued the guy. He also got intruble with the law...not the best thing to do to your land lord

rubyred

Not sure if this is allowed, but theres a website for all disgruntled employees called customerssuck.com. It's pretty funny and it seems like alot of you have stories to tell.
Check it out!

merredeth

Originally Posted by Rubyred
Not sure if this is allowed, but theres a website for all disgruntled employees called customerssuck.com. It's pretty funny and it seems like alot of you have stories to tell.
Check it out!

I went over there and couldn't stop laughing at the Italian Job one. God! That site is friggin funnier than all hell.
Denise M.

xdave

My store sold animals and SWF too, Petsmart doesnt buy you because they like your store, they buy you to eliminate you as compitition. As far as the old "we'll never sell" thing, people who can't imagine the size of the offer say that all the time. My chain of 34 stores had just bought 20 more locations and licenses in those states, and had offers pending on another 30.