They Told Her To Go To Rehab-She Said No No No

mantisman51

Fox news is reporting that Amy Winehouse was found dead at her apartment. Such a talented, yet tragic young woman. I never cared for her stuff, but she had a set of pipes, that's for sure. What a perfect object lesson in lack of self-control.

reefraff

Honestly who cares? She didn't just ignore her problems, she used them to promote herself. What a great influence on the youth of the world.

darthtang aw

I was a fan when she first hit....a little before actually...but I am not surprised. Had her in my dead pool the last two years....shoulda kept her there.
Darth (out 500 dollars) Tang

S

smartorl

It irks me to the end of the world when people mourn the death of an addict and act as though their death is "tragic".
People, she did it to herself and given her fame, had many more resources available to her to turn her life around.
Most of the people who are on FB mourning this person would look down on a homeless addict like they carried the plague.
So many addicts die a day from drug overdose or complications related to their habit that it is hard to find a number, people looked upon by society as weak, a waste, and practically nonexistant, yet the world wants to act like this person is on a different plane because of a talent she had.
Too bad people can't see all the "dirty" in the life of an addict, because just because she was famous makes no difference, addiction takes away all dignity.

mantisman51

I think what makes this so tragic is that fact that she squandered the opportunities she had. I think it is far worse when someone of privilege is an addict, because they have no excuse. For some of the downtrodden, they feel life has no hope. Someone like Winehouse has no excuse. She was a junkie because she chose to be.

S

smartorl

Exactly! Those whining and actually crying at her death like she deserves to be reveled really makes me want to smack them.........really hard.
It makes me mad that she had so many opportunities to find a different path and slapped them away. As RR posted, she didn't just suffer with addiction, it was used to market her and allowed to define her. The reality of drug addiction isn't glamorous, it's one of ugliness, people doing disgusting things, living in disgusting manners to keep chasing the high, not something to be looked up to in any way.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartorl http:///forum/thread/386851/they-told-her-to-go-to-rehab-she-said-no-no-no#post_3400051
It irks me to the end of the world when people mourn the death of an addict and act as though their death is "tragic".
People, she did it to herself and given her fame, had many more resources available to her to turn her life around.
Most of the people who are on FB mourning this person would look down on a homeless addict like they carried the plague.
So many addicts die a day from drug overdose or complications related to their habit that it is hard to find a number, people looked upon by society as weak, a waste, and practically nonexistant, yet the world wants to act like this person is on a different plane because of a talent she had.
Too bad people can't see all the "dirty" in the life of an addict, because just because she was famous makes no difference, addiction takes away all dignity.
The real tragedy happened in Norway...

S

siptang

These people make me sick... I wonder what's in their brain...
I'm telling you, they should bring back beatings i mean.. discipline back to schools and get them right while they are young.