Think I finally found the last fish I want too add. Now need an ID?? Help

myerst22

Hello all. Well I have been looking to add one last fish to my display and want it to be a great one. I toyed with getting a Interruptus angel but thanks to fellow -- members I decided against it because of temperature needs among otherthings. I then set my sights on a Wrought Iron Butterfly, but the temperature issue came up again. So then onto a Conspiculatus. One of my all time dream fish, but I think my big 8" Black Tang is going kill the Conspic if I add him. So then I always wanted a male or pair of crosshatches. Problem is you can only get 7+" male crosshatches for the most part. I wanted something in the 5" range. So after scouring sources for fish I came across this beauty and I think I found my fish. It is a Crosshatch hybrid. Not sure what it's crossed with but it's either crossed with a sargassum or blue throat. What do you guys think? The fish is the right size and it is absolutely beautiful. What do you guys think of this fish? Thanks, Tim

kjr_trig

Fascinating Tim....I think Sargassum due to the tail color and the blue stripes on the face...here is mine...I say get the Clarion in there!!

myerst22

I would get a clarion, they are stunning, but I have a Christmas Emperor. Also if you want to keep a Clarion you need 300 gallons plus to keep one and have other fish in the tank. Yes I spend an insane amount of money on fish but when you start reaching that 2,000 mark I have to stop myself. How much do you think that trigger should sell for? Tim

myerst22

Oh by the way that is the smallest sargassum I have seen! How big? Definately one of the most underated fish!!! I love crosshatches but this hybrid is calling my name. Tim

R

regina13

Wow!!!! That is beautiful! That tank has alot of money worth of fish in it! Can you PM me were you got that pic?

redman1221

Originally Posted by myerst22
http:///forum/post/2626179
I would get a clarion, they are stunning, but I have a Christmas Emperor. Also if you want to keep a Clarion you need 300 gallons plus to keep one and have other fish in the tank. Yes I spend an insane amount of money on fish but when you start reaching that 2,000 mark I have to stop myself. How much do you think that trigger should sell for? Tim
I think it should cost no more then $60 if it is a Sargassum trigger, jmo. But if it is a hybrid it might cost more.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by myerst22
http:///forum/post/2626182
Oh by the way that is the smallest sargassum I have seen! How big? Definately one of the most underated fish!!! I love crosshatches but this hybrid is calling my name. Tim
I got mine at aroud 3 inch, had him 2 months now, he has grown maybe a half and inch, and yeah they are great triggers.
Originally Posted by redman1221

http:///forum/post/2626528
I think it should cost no more then $60 if it is a Sargassum trigger, jmo. But if it is a hybrid it might cost more.
I have never seen a Sargassum for $60, I have never seen one under $90 for that matter.
I would think a cross between a Sargassum and a X hatch would sell for at least $400 just for being so unique.

truefishman

holy crap that is an amazing fish when i first saw it i thought it was a female blue jaw.i was like that is the most beautiful female bluejaw i have ever seen.its got the crosshatches body design to it but it has the red tail so it is definateley a hybrid trigger.if that is your last fish im calling you lucky for now on

dude i have only seen about 6 clarions through my 2 years in the hobby and i thick they are well worth 2k so beautiful
i say go for the trigger it will be an awsome fish
-spencer

redman1221

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/2626551
I got mine at around 3 inch, had him 2 months now, he has grown maybe a half and inch, and yeah they are great triggers.
I have never seen a Sargassum for $60, I have never seen one under $90 for that matter.
I would think a cross between a Sargassum and a X hatch would sell for at least $400 just for being so unique.
I have my LFS gets them every now an then and they sell them for $60 or under depending on size, if they are 5" or under they have sold them for $60. If they are bigger they sell them for more, thats why I love going to my LFS because they have great prices on their livestock.

aquaknight

Not to 'rain on a parade' but I really just think that is a Crosshatch in transition (from juvi/female to male IMO)
Here is a large female:

And a large male:

That would explain the weird splotchy lighter coloring on the head (why it's blue) and the different fin patterns, you can almost see the yellow coming through on the anal/back fin on the close up. I have never noticed the black edging on the Crosshatches either to be honest.

myerst22

Well I am not getting the fish, it is was sold to someone else. Now I am back to getting this fish. It's not from that online site that has them. Here is a pic of the actual fish. Picking him up tomorrow if I decide to get him. Still on the fence but most of me is on the yes side. What do you think? Regards, Tim

U

usirchchris

From the trigger to that?...hmm, I would hold off, but if you like it, that is all that matters.

kjr_trig

Interruptis is very cool and very rare which I know you like.....As a whole I kind of agree with Costanza, I would probably prefer a Crosshatch which would be a great addition to your tank, if you want something even more rare there was a site that had the Gold Back Trigger a few weeks ago.

myerst22

I have access to goldenback but they don't do anything for me. I love Interruptus but am scared of the whole temperture issue. Tim

aquaknight

Have you talked to (tried at least not sure if he's still active) the guy that has a trio Interruptus on here?
EDIT: Maybe a pair: (member: promisetbg)

ccampbell57

I am not sure on the exact species of the trigger Tim, but I would say you cant beat a male crosshatch for a trigger.
The goldenback is awesome, but they are deep water fish and need insane amounts of swimming room as I have seen them in personal aquariums at around 13" and they are as active as a sohal tang.
IMHO - your last fish should be a show stopper. You like the rare kinds and I think that the Interruptus would be cool, but I think that your tank needs a larger fish.

ccampbell57

Before my crosshatch passed, he was one of my favorite fish, but he needed more room than my 180 could give him.
IMO I would go with the crosshatch or a rare angel...

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2627503
Have you talked to (tried at least not sure if he's still active) the guy that has a trio Interruptus on here?
EDIT: Maybe a pair: (member: promisetbg)

I just called promisetbg and left a message for them to respond to this thread.
hopefully they will soon. Otherwise, I'll keep calling myahaha

lion_crazz

You're funny, Tiz.

It would be nice if they (promisetbg) popped in. We have not seen them on here for a while.

srfisher17

Every fish on this thread is fantastic! I planned on a pair of Crosshatches, Katrina got a pair I loved; but, after kjr_trig experiences, I'm going with a sargassum in my new (and last) tank. The $ I save won't hurt either. Any of these fish you chose should be great, good taste!