Think I finally found the last fish I want too add. Now need an ID?? Help

promisetbg

See, I don't post here anymore because you don't have the winky or the cool dude smiley, except as icons..lol. But no, that is not my photo. Those are very pricey fish you know. Years ago they were about $800. a pair, more now probably. And, you don't just toss $800. fish in a tank with other fish...

So..what's been going on? I see it looks very different on the forums.

lion_crazz

Definitely very different. A lot of new upgrades. A lot of the same old faces (er.. usernames) though.
It's nice to see you back!

srfisher17

Originally Posted by promisetbg
http:///forum/post/2628366
See, I don't post here anymore because you don't have the winky or the cool dude smiley, except as icons..lol. But no, that is not my photo. Those are very pricey fish you know. Years ago they were about $800. a pair, more now probably. And, you don't just toss $800. fish in a tank with other fish...

So..what's been going on? I see it looks very different on the forums.
I'm not in the business; but I noticed that too. A lfs with a crosshatch (fairly civilized, but still a trigger) with a clarion or two? ...and with no place to hide? I'd like to keep them both in a big DT environment, but a store tank? 5 minutes of "triggerness" and the clarions are history. But the lfs seems to have top-shelf healthy fish and must know what he's doing.

myerst22

Promise. I don't know what your trying to imply with your very vague statement. From what i read into it is that I just want the rare fish because it's rare and could care less about doing research on the fish. I want it. I need it, got to have it is what your prematurely labeling me as. Did I get the Interruptus, no because I know I couldn't provide the proper environment for the fish. So welcome back. I may not have 3,500 posts, but that doesn't mean I haven't spent 3,500 hours studying fish.
As far as the last post I would be more concerned about the crosshatches well being with clarions. A mature clarion will destroy a crosshatch in a small tank. Crosshatches are sweethearts compared to crosshatches. You may get one crosshatch that is aggressive but no aggressive enough to kill a healthy clarion. Sorry to be so nasty, but I felt I was being attacked on my fish keeping practices and I take great offense to that. Regards, Tim

kjr_trig

Tim, I think SrFisher was making his comment about the store owner with the fish....I would tend to agree, if I had 2 Clarion Angels I was hoping to sell for $3000 or so, there is no way I would risk any other fish with them, let alone a Trigger that appears to be double their size, mellow or not by Trigger standards, its still a Trigger. My Sargassum is supposed to be mellow, but he lets my Niger that is half his size know who's the boss on a regular basis.

promisetbg

Originally Posted by myerst22
http:///forum/post/2628802
Promise. I don't know what your trying to imply with your very vague statement. From what i read into it is that I just want the rare fish because it's rare and could care less about doing research on the fish. I want it. I need it, got to have it is what your prematurely labeling me as. Did I get the Interruptus, no because I know I couldn't provide the proper environment for the fish. So welcome back. I may not have 3,500 posts, but that doesn't mean I haven't spent 3,500 hours studying fish.
Sorry to be so nasty, but I felt I was being attacked on my fish keeping practices and I take great offense to that. Regards, Tim
Hi Tim,
you totally took what I said out of context. I in no way meant to imply anything about your researching, or concern for the fish. My apologies if I worded my reply in such a way that you misunderstoood. I was trying to convey how very special they are, and not an easy fish to get comfortable. I try to think like copps {not sure if he goes by that name here} when dealing with delicate or expensive species. Keep them by themselves for awhile until you get them accustomed to you and eating good.
Thanks for the welcome.Have a nice day and remember I am a friend..not a foe..cheers, Carole

srfisher17

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/2628967
Tim, I think SrFisher was making his comment about the store owner with the fish....I would tend to agree, if I had 2 Clarion Angels I was hoping to sell for $3000 or so, there is no way I would risk any other fish with them, let alone a Trigger that appears to be double their size, mellow or not by Trigger standards, its still a Trigger. My Sargassum is supposed to be mellow, but he lets my Niger that is half his size know who's the boss on a regular basis.
Exactly! I was just surprised to see that group of fish, still really acclimating, in the same tank at a lfs.

T

tizzo

Promise. I don't know what your trying to imply with your very vague statement. From what i read into it is that I just want the rare fish because it's rare and could care less about doing research on the fish....
Sorry to be so nasty, but I felt I was being attacked on my fish keeping practices and I take great offense to that. Regards, Tim

I'm sorry myerst, but I read, read and reread what promise wrote and I cannot for the life of me see what you "interpretted" out of it.
I know pomise, and if she wanted to tell you that she didn't think you did your research, I think she woulda posted something like...
"You obviously didn't do your research", Not vague by any means, but she is nice, and helpful, and if you were one of the hobbiests that didn't do research, then you would have appreciated all that she wrote. But instead, you took offense.

anyway, this needs fixed...

Crosshatches are sweethearts compared to crosshatches.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/2628967
That was exactly my point. Any fish in a lfs is still in the process of acclimation and seldom in "peak fighting form"; the crowded conditions only add stress, unpredictability and possible problems. BTW, a crosshatch, especially a male, is perfectly capable of being a trigger...although I think this "my fish can beat up your fish" argument is a little silly.

myerst22

Hello all, I would like to apologize first and for most. Just came off of a 70 hour work week and I felt someone was questioning me about my only true release of stress and the thing that brings me so much happiness. After re-reading the posts I can see what an a** I sounded like.
I wasn't going to get the fish from the place who had them on-line. Yes I know copps and he a brilliant fish person that any fish keeper should strive to be like him. I couldn't agree with everyone more that these rare fish shouldn't be kept in stressful conditions, but unfortunately so is the case in many situations. I would like to defend Mr. Clarion though, and this is not trying to pick a fight. If you have a mature clarion in a 300, there is a good chance there will be nothing swimming with him the tank. I remember on a few occasions 10-15 years ago when clarions were around and you could not keep anything with a big mature clarion. Just the same attitude as Passer. Again my apologies. Regards, Tim

promisetbg

Thanks Tim. So..what fish are you going to get, dang it?
I think Copps was "Brooklyn Johnny" here. He is someone I have turned to on several occasions for sound advice/experience.
OT~BTW, I love the white bulldog! Does he have problems with his skin? I have an akita/lab that is half white/half black. Since we live in FL I have to be careful he stays out of the afternoon sun, or he can get sunburned.

Have a great day, and no worries. The hardest thing to convey over the internet is intent.
Carole

myerst22

Yes emotions and intent are very difficult to judge without spoken word. That is why i despise text messaging. I have gotten into fights with my other half because of it and have stopped using it entirely. As far as Monty my American Bulldog. Congrats on not thinking he was a Pitt Bull or Staff. He is three years old and have little to no skin problems. He had digestion issues at first but I feed him Wellness Venison and add linatone and he is silky smooth. He swims in all of my customers pools and the ocean daily in the summer and his skin still holds up. He's looking at me right now saying where is my dinner Dad? As far as the new fish I took everyone's advice and stayed away from the Interruptus. Funny thing is that we had a somewhat warm day here on Long Island and I came home and my tank was at 80 degrees. It's almost like someone was trying to tell me something with the 80 degree water temp. I'm sure the Interuptus would of suffered tremendously or even worse died from 80 degree water. Instead I got a male crosshatch who is very shy but eating ghost shrimp and my gel based home recipe food.
Where did you get your interruptus from? Are they RCT fish? That is the only way I will try to keep them, is when they begin to offer them again. They will get there own tank with maybe my other dream fish a wrought iron butterfly. Thought I would show you some pics of my favorite guy, Monty the American Bulldog. Again my apologies, and every mistake made is a lesson learned!!! Regards, Tim
P.S. Where do you live in FL.? I spend much of winter in Islamorada. I love that place. One day it will be my home year round.

srfisher17

P.S. Where do you live in FL.? I spend much of winter in Islamorada. QUOTE by Myeerst22
I love that place.Islamorada is incredible. I lived there for 4 years (on lower Matecumbe Key); right after college in the early 70s. I only cared about fishing, diving and partying at that time. I thought I had gone to heaven. Its fun to look back now, several of the "Kids' I chased Shell Key bonefish with are now some of the world's best fishermen. Diving and selling fish, while poaching Fla lobsters, was a great way to earn extra bucks!

promisetbg

Ok..now that you have shown off Monty, who is absolutely handsome! I have to show you my boy Heartly.

It's also cool that when Monty lies down, he almost has a heart like Heartly!
at 4 mo

the other side is white

he has impeccable taste..

and now, just over a year

I don't live anywhere fun like Islamorada..I wish. We live in Orlando. The Interruptus were not mine, Tizzo called me because my name came up in question of the photo. That was a misunderstanding, not sure how that happened. There used to be a guy ..the one who knows Copps, that breeds rare angels. He was breeding them for awhile, but gave it up. I am not sure who I would trust at this point, but Johnny would be the one I would ask. Maybe Serdar could get them, do you know him? He's great, he will qt and make sure the fish is eating before it ships.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by promisetbg
http:///forum/post/2631782
The Interruptus were not mine, Tizzo called me because my name came up in question of the photo. That was a misunderstanding, not sure how that happened. There used to be a guy ..the one who knows Copps, that breeds rare angels. He was breeding them for awhile, but gave it up. I am not sure who I would trust at this point, but Johnny would be the one I would ask. Maybe Serdar could get them, do you know him? He's great, he will qt and make sure the fish is eating before it ships.
That was me, I'm an idoit. I remembered seeing the photo I posted (reply #15) back when I was browsing around here for angel photos. So I searched for Interruptus, and your post came up. You had quoted the original post (Here reply #41) You said "Love the Interruptus" and for whatever reason thought you had posted the pic.