Think I killed my sand

trigger78

When I set up my tank I started with 45lbs ls 15 lbs lcc and 45lbs lr then let it cycle. How long will it take for my sand bed to show life. When I first turn on the lights there are some really really small looking worms swiming in a spiral motion until the filter sucks them up but other than that my fish and inverts are the only things moving around. I have some hair algea and some other type living on the rocks. All tests are normal. Thanks all. Oh yeah, 55 gal.
-Al

bang guy

Have you tried looking at night with a flashlight?
Most of the beneficial sand infauna are microscopic or nearly so. I would guess that they are there.

squidd

Originally posted by Trigger78
Think I killed my sand

LOL...Just when you think you heard it all...:D
:cool:
sorry it just struck me as funny...;)

trigger78

Bang guy thanks for response. I have looked in the dark but still didn't see anything. A cycle will kill some though, right?

hunterdaddy

LS is a waste of money IMO. Unless you have the money to waste like some people do (just not me personally) I would just buy the LR. Your LR will quickly populate your LS.

blackfish

Trigger it will take some time though you should start to see some life if you stay on a regular lighting and feeding schedule for about a month or two!

T

thomas712

I can't believe this, you guys are so encouragable. Besides I wouldn't make a big deal out of this, the bloody glove has not been found yet. And the dead sand can be revived.
Thomas

trigger78

Lmao@Thomas
Thanks all for the support. I wasn't excepting the facts very well until you guys came along. I'm now back in good spirits once again.