think i need a book..

thangbom

:help: ok guys and gals.. the run down is.. my book have to be perdy much the same as my movies.. ,action violence ,---,and fast paced... ( the --- part is not neccessery) soo what book do you recammend?? so far the only series i like ( well 1/2 the series anywhoo ) is ' sword of truth ' series soo any books?? i need help.. i get bored and have nothing to doo.. ( i have even tried to read stuff from encyclopedias to dictionaries and thesaurous )..... :help: :help: :help: :help:

lovethesea

so I guess the Nanny Diaries would be out
I have no time to read, so I have to find something fast. I wish I had time to read a big juicy book..

tangman99

Originally Posted by TAZ_12777
Try some books by R.A. Salvatore, Tolkien, Dennis McKiernan, or Ed Greenwood.
R.A. Salvatore for sure. Read the Dark Elf Trilogy. You won't be disappointed.

jmick

Check out A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin, it's outstanding! Fast paced, great characters, lots of killing (even main characters get it) and it's well written...you will not be dissapointed!

darth tang

Definitely Salvatore and I would also check out Margaret Weis/ Tracy Hickman collaborations. (dragonlance series)

thangbom

Try some books by R.A. Salvatore, Tolkien, Dennis McKiernan, or Ed Greenwood.

salvator books are my bro's fav book.. he tell me it's wicked but it dont seem alll too.......................................... theres a buck laying around.. maybe ill pick one up agin...

thangbom

Originally Posted by BBB
The Circle Trilogy (Black, Red, White), Blink, Three by Ted Dekker

mabe look at this trilogy next time am at the book store

bbb

Originally Posted by ThaNgBom
mabe look at this trilogy next time am at the book store
I was just looking at what I typed earlier and the way I typed it could be confusing. The trilogy is Black, Red, and White. The other two are different books.

thangbom

k im shure i can figue it out.. if not ill get help from the stor workers...( or come back hea.)

dragonzim

If you like Terry Goodkind you should check out Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. I am currently reading the 11th book and they are great.

jmick

Originally Posted by DragonZim
If you like Terry Goodkind you should check out Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. I am currently reading the 11th book and they are great.

I really enjoyed the first 6 books in Jordan's Wheel of Time series but the last few have been tough to read and have been lacking action. I haven't picked up the 11th yet but I hope if picks up.
If you like Jordan you MUST check out George RR Martin, his series is amazing and halfway through his first book you will find he is a much better writer!

taz_12777

At first I really enjoyed "Wheel of Time" by Jordan but he takes way to long to get the books out and he has way to many "main" characters. After finishing his last book I had a headache trying to remember all of the people.

dragonzim

At first I really enjoyed "Wheel of Time" by Jordan but he takes way to long to get the books out and he has way to many "main" characters. After finishing his last book I had a headache trying to remember all of the people.
I hear that! I figure that I've invested so much time over the years in these books that I have to finish them. They are still great books but I know what you mean about the length of time he takes to get new ones out. I usually go and re-read that last book before I read a new one thats out.

taz_12777

After I finished his latest I remembered why I did enjoy the first ones. He did tie up a couple of things but also created some more. I do undersatand that you want people to keep reading your books but... I like the way Terry Goodkind writes, he has a series but for the most part his books have a begining and an end but still keeps you coming back for more. R.A. Salvatore just keeps you coming back.

alaredsox

Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series! Some of the best and entertaining reads ever! Part Sci-Fi, part Western...ALL STEPHEN KING! w00t!

shrimpdady

I finished the Dark Tower series a couple of months ago.
I believe it to be the best series ever written.
I loved the way it ended!!!