Thinking of some seahorse art

novahobbies

I've been in the mood to get a single seahorse sculpture piece for the new house. Trouble is, most seahorse sculpts are either (a) incredibly cheesy, or (b) prohibitively expensive. Most of the pieces I've found in the less than $100 range are kinda crap. I've found three local ones, however, and I'm very tempted to get one of these. Which ones do YOU like...and if you've seen nice pieces online, post 'em! I'd just like to see what else is out there.
PS, right now I'm leaning towards either the bronze metal one or the blue and green glass one.

meowzer

Do you have a Kohls by you? I swear the last time I was there they had some neat seahorse sculptures.......along with some other sw things too....

btldreef

Do you have a Kohls by you? I swear the last time I was there they had some neat seahorse sculptures.......along with some other sw things too....
+1
they almost always have seahorse and shell art/sculptures

novahobbies

I do have a Kohls. They have some pieces, but nothing that really "speaks" to me.
Art is such a personal thing. I'm sure some of you are looking at the glass pieces here and thinking "WTH??!" And $135, no less. I wish I could find a better picture of the bronze one. It was at Epcot in the pavilion in front of their flume ride (Posideon's adventure I think) and it had a really unique shape to it.

gemmy

I found some neat sea horse candle holders.
The bay has some neat sculptures (although it is a roll of the dice getting art online).

S

saxman

You can always commission a painting of your fave SH...
The SH (H. reidi):

The painting (watercolor by Nate Wilson):

travelerjp98

My sister also does SWF art... if you like it... we would be more then happy to do a commission too!
Picasso Triggerfish

travelerjp98

Hammerhead Shark:

If you have the taste for it, she also does paintings in more of an Expressionistic/Modern/Abstract style, too.

novahobbies

That's brilliant. I may go ahead and do that as well! I'd love to see a watercolor of the wild horse back when she had all her cirri, and I even have some great pictures from that period.
Hmm. Still want a sculpture, but a watercolor might go well in the office.

S

saxman

Your sis does nice work!
We've had Nate do several of our fish (he works from Renee's photos), as well as a couple of anatomical diagrams of lionfish for our lionfish article.

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///t/388955/thinking-of-some-seahorse-art#post_3435504
That's a great trigger there, I like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman
http:///t/388955/thinking-of-some-seahorse-art#post_3435553
Your sis does nice work!
We've had Nate do several of our fish (he works from Renee's photos), as well as a couple of anatomical diagrams of lionfish for our lionfish article.
Thanks guys! As I said, if your interested, feel free to PM me and I'll be more than happy to give more details.