Thinking of Starting an Aggressive Tank... Suggestions Wanted...

mike22cha

If you're going to get a hawkfish I suggest getting a flame hawkfish because they are bigger and will have a lower chance of getting eaten.

rslinger

Yeah stay away from the porc puffer they get to 18 in or so and they grow quick. Triggers are also probably a bad bad idea. Also grow quick and love to swim. The SFE is a great idea. Hawkfish is cool to. Some cool agg wraese out there also.

kirkaz

No porky puffer (too much bioload)...Triggers start small but get big (no clown trig for sure)...I like the Maroon Clown idea (great fish), how about a dwarf angel of some sort? Flame or Coral beauty.

clown boy

well... I want a really aggressive tank. I'm thinking...
Flame Hawkfish
SnowFlake Eel
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
would a Tomato Clown work with those? What else would work with them... or am I already maxed out with that list?

rslinger

A clown would work for sure. IMO which I sure some won't agree I would put in one more fish also maybe a damssel. There are some nice looking ones out there.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
well... I want a really aggressive tank. I'm thinking...
Flame Hawkfish
SnowFlake Eel
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
would a Tomato Clown work with those? What else would work with them... or am I already maxed out with that list?
For clowns I suggest Clarki or Maroon for a big aggressive clown. How about a Lemon Peel angel?

clown boy

Alright... new version of the list!

Flame Hawkfish
SnowFlake Eel
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
Clark's Clownfish
...what about an Imperial Angelfish... or any of those big ones?

clown boy

Alright... newer version of the list!

Flame Hawkfish
SnowFlake Eel
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
Clark's Clownfish
BiColor Angelfish
I think that just about does it. What do you all think? Am I maxed out with that?

clown boy

Ok... now for the creatures that like to hide (like the eel) how many pounds of rock should I get? Also... should I do bare bottom or live sand? I've read enough here to decide to not use crushed coral... LOL

mike22cha

Definetly sand! Also the more lr, with eels and octos that like to hide, makes them more comfortable and makes them come out and explore more.

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Just make sure you got good filration and a good skimmer. Sounds good!

He really doesn't need a skimmer since he's not doin that many fish or a reef

nigerbang

Originally Posted by Grouperlover
He really doesn't need a skimmer since he's not doin that many fish or a reef
I would have to disagree...Mine pulls all kind of horrible nasty skimate outta my tank...There is 1 fish and 1 eel...
A coney Grouper and a Moray...They put of plenty of waste..Esp. and eel..They drop bombs on tanks, I do a water change the day after he eats every week.