Thinking of Starting an Aggressive Tank... Suggestions Wanted...

kirkaz

Originally Posted by Grouperlover
He really doesn't need a skimmer since he's not doin that many fish or a reef
Add me to the list...I think a skimmer would be very beneficial.

psusocr1

He really doesn't need a skimmer since he's not doin that many fish or a reef
bad statement .. that tank would be doomed without a skimmer and those kind of fish in there, especially in a small tank...
Clown Boy well... I want a really aggressive tank. I'm thinking...
no offense to you but nothing is going to be "really aggressive" it sounds like you should get some pirranhas to entertain that statement.. other than that good luck with the tank

crimzy

Originally Posted by psusocr1
no offense to you but nothing is going to be "really aggressive" it sounds like you should get some pirranhas to entertain that statement.. other than that good luck with the tank

Actually psu, I'll bet a couple triggers and a black edge moray would beat the hell out of some piranhas.

psusocr1

well yes,, or you can go with a tessy eel ,wobbie, triggers and a barracuda and see which one is still standing... Bet the tessy would be the answer..
not saying you cant make a "crazy" agressive tank.. i guess i was just saying i dont think he will get the show he might be looking for..
seems we meet again on this lovely friday work day in which i have little to do

crimzy

Originally Posted by psusocr1
seems we meet again on this lovely friday work day in which i have little to do
That's why we make the big bucks, right.

clown boy

Originally Posted by crimzy
Actually psu, I'll bet a couple triggers and a black edge moray would beat the hell out of some piranhas.

good alex

Dont want to jack the thread, but i read on another site that eels are known for getting out of tanks and there should be a cover on the tank.
Im also reasearching into getting an agressive tank, so i dont know if thats BS or not.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by Good Alex
Dont want to jack the thread, but i read on another site that eels are known for getting out of tanks and there should be a cover on the tank.
Im also reasearching into getting an agressive tank, so i dont know if thats BS or not.
Eels are know to be jumpers...They can fit in the smallest spaces...I have been told that if you keep the water level a tad on the low side it sometimes discourages it..Dont really know if that works though..So far mine hasnt jumped yet...(knock on wood)

rslinger

You have to keep the tank covered. Eeg crate works good. It is sold in the lighting section at any home store.