This is insane

2quills

Problem is that all of these independents the average person hardly ever hears about em. They dont have the financial backing to buy their popularity. Money buys votes plain and simple. Money gets laws changed. This is why they are working hard to increase the income gap. The people are outnumbered in the financial department. It's a marketing game.

darthtang aw

Problem is that all of these independents the average person hardly ever hears about em. They dont have the financial backing to buy their popularity. Money buys votes plain and simple. Money gets laws changed. This is why they are working hard to increase the income gap. The people are outnumbered in the financial department. It's a marketing game.And who's fault is this? It isnt that hard now days to learn about the other candidates.

reefraff

I voted for Perot because he actually was in a position to have a credible showing in the election, and did. Figured it would pave the way for others but it didn't work out that way. Back when it was looking like Hillary v Rudy in 08 I was going to vote for the unity 08 candidate but when 0bama and McCain ended up being the nominees they shut down that group because they didn't think they needed to run a candidate against hope and change and "The Maverick". They should revive the unity idea for 2016.

2quills

Perot had some backing he was just outnumbered.
We could blame all of the people for not caring but I'm not sure it would be fair. For the richest nation on earth not to have an equally strong education system says a lot. Sure we have great univerities but not everyone can afford them without assistance. Keeping people ignorant helps them.

darthtang aw

Perot had some backing he was just outnumbered.
We could blame all of the people for not caring but I'm not sure it would be fair. For the richest nation on earth not to have an equally strong education system says a lot. Sure we have great univerities but not everyone can afford them without assistance. Keeping people ignorant helps them.
How does the current election process keep people ignorant? I can with some quick finger typing find the candidates of any election and read about them. It isn't that they are ignorant, it is they are lazy and are easily distracted by the flashing lights. Snookie, american idol, Kardasheans, Kanye.. etc...these are the people they pay attention to. These are the people with the highest google searchs.

reefraff

Well our only hope is for the Libertarians wake up and discover life in the real worlds of politics. That or more in (back in in a lot of cases) to the Republican party and shift their priorities away from social issues.

2quills

Darth, you read my mind. There's something fundamentally broken when celebrities can display ridiculous behavior and yet they get praised for it. Politicians, we can say the same.
Maybe it ties into the drug problems.
Maybe it ties into the smear campains against religions that preach moral values. I'm not sure. Just know that something is broke.

silverado61

I think this kind of proves one of my points in the U.S. jobs thread.
Not really, considering most of those jobs are low wage low skill entry jobs that are taken by illegals.I was referring to deportation of illegals.

darthtang aw

Darth, you read my mind. There's something fundamentally broken when celebrities can display ridiculous behavior and yet they get praised for it. Politicians, we can say the same.
Maybe it ties into the drug problems.
Maybe it ties into the smear campains against religions that preach moral values. I'm not sure. Just know that something is broke.
It isn't broken. It just isn't "fun". The debate and the requirement of comprehensive thought is a turn off to the average person. Most issues are very complex. Kanye acting a "Jackass" is entertaining and simple.

2quills

It isn't broken. It just isn't "fun". The debate and the requirement of comprehensive thought is a turn off to the average person. Most issues are very complex. Kanye acting a "Jackass" is entertaining and simple.
If people are doped up then they don't care. They're just happy to be there. We coulda ended the war on drugs a long time ago IMO. But there are people who don't want that to happen so they don't really support the effort the way they should.
If people are doped up and not terribly well educated then they can't understand. If they can't understand the game then how can they have fun and play along?
Something's broke. We gotta fix it. If not us then who?

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397675/this-is-insane/20#post_3545546
Because I was 6-13 when Reagan was President.
Those released from Prisons as U.S. citizens I do complain about. But since this is their home country our judicial system must release them here. Those here on VISAs and illegal are here contingent to their behavior. See the difference?
Those released out of California are done at a state level. This is a federal level. See the difference? I don't live in California, I do live in the U.S. I can't vote out the idiots in California, I can try to vote out the fed. See the difference?
Prisoners released from state prisons have served the term of their incarceration. whether I feel the sentence was long enough or not. Those held by ICE are held pending arraignment for their current convictions to be deported or reviewed. See the difference?
Citizens are covered under the constitution. Non citizens are not. See the difference?
Let's see. ICE was created back in 2003 when you Big Eared Republican Savior was in office.

From 1995 to 1999, the INS released over 35,000 criminal aliens instead of deporting them. Over 11,000 of them later committed serious crimes. The data for 2000-2004 has not been released

In 2003, the ICE Detention and Removal Office in Los Angeles had the manpower to process only 10-12% of the estimated 40,000 illegal aliens who passed through the county jail (24% of the total of 170,000). Over 35,000 were released back into the community.

Over 23,000 individuals with criminal histories were apprehended by the Border Patrol in 2004 trying to enter the U.S. illegally. No one knows how many crossed our open borders successfully.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office says there are over 300 murder warrants outstanding in L.A. County for illegal aliens who have fled to Mexico. They estimate there are 800 to 1,000 such warrants statewide in California and possibly 3,000 nationwide.

Although all illegal aliens are subject to deportation by law, only the most serious criminals are detained and deported from local jails because of inadequate ICE manpower. Over 200,000 illegal aliens who were incarcerated for minor crimes in 2004 were released back into the community instead of being deported.

Illegal aliens are often released because of lack of detention space, yet the federal agency responsible for detention facilities, ICE/DRO, has never requested the funds to build adequate detention facilities.

http://www.cairco.org/issues/united-states-crime

So how old were you back in 2003? So you can complain about the current administration not doing anything, but the previous administration apparently had just as bad of a track history with dealing with illegals. See the difference?

2quills

Nice play. But I'm not convinced by the fact the president did this in lue of sequester that it needed to happen quite this way. Consider the numbers just last year that we are hearing were released. Consider that boarder crossings are essential down from the 90's. Look at how many were released between 95-99.

darthtang aw

Let's see. ICE was created back in 2003 when you Big Eared Republican Savior was in office.
From 1995 to 1999, the INS released over 35,000 criminal aliens instead of deporting them. Over 11,000 of them later committed serious crimes. The data for 2000-2004 has not been released
In 2003, the ICE Detention and Removal Office in Los Angeles had the manpower to process only 10-12% of the estimated 40,000 illegal aliens who passed through the county jail (24% of the total of 170,000). Over 35,000 were released back into the community.
Over 23,000 individuals with criminal histories were apprehended by the Border Patrol in 2004 trying to enter the U.S. illegally. No one knows how many crossed our open borders successfully.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office says there are over 300 murder warrants outstanding in L.A. County for illegal aliens who have fled to Mexico. They estimate there are 800 to 1,000 such warrants statewide in California and possibly 3,000 nationwide.
Although all illegal aliens are subject to deportation by law, only the most serious criminals are detained and deported from local jails because of inadequate ICE manpower. Over 200,000 illegal aliens who were incarcerated for minor crimes in 2004 were released back into the community instead of being deported.
Illegal aliens are often released because of lack of detention space, yet the federal agency responsible for detention facilities, ICE/DRO, has never requested the funds to build adequate detention facilities.
http://www.cairco.org/issues/united-states-crime
So how old were you back in 2003?  So you can complain about the current administration not doing anything, but the previous administration apparently had just as bad of a track history with dealing with illegals.  See the difference?
And i complained about it then. See the difference?

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397675/this-is-insane/40#post_3545585
And i complained about it then. See the difference?
So what's your point? Nothing has changed in 11 years, and probably won't change anytime in the near future. Illegal immigrants comprised less than 10% of the population in this country, but you seem to think they're responsible for 60% of the crime and economic problems we face. We spend 10 times more money buying planes and boats that the Pentagon has repeatedly said we don't need than illegals cost you in taxes, but you key on the latter. Over the last 2 or 3 years, we've seen a NET ZERO when it comes to illegals coming here, and simply going home because they find nothing beneficial staying here. All these Conservative morons want to run platforms of "We'll close our borders to illegal traffic", yet they have no viable solutions to make it happen. Build a 15 foot fence, they build a 16 foot ladder. Spend BILLIONS beefing up border security, and they'll just do what the drug cartels did near San Diego - they build tunnels under the border big enough to drive a truck through. We have over 1500 miles of shred border with Mexico, and about the same amount with Canada. It's literally impossible to protect every mile. If you attempt it, you'll spend 5 times more money doing it than you would by simply letting them come here, get naturalized, and start paying taxes like everyone else. Oh wait, now I'll get the Hannity Logic "Let them come here and become citizens, and they'll sign up for Welfare the next day." It's simple, if they become citizens, they can't sign up for Welfare or Social Security for at least 10 years. If theyre citizens, YOU CAN track them. But don't let logic and common sense cloud your judgement.

2quills

The ironic thing in all of this is that there seem to be harsher penalties on the jumpers than there are for the coyotes. It's almost like we're begging them to come in here so we can bust em and let em go.

darthtang aw

Whats my point? Laws are created to be followed. If those laws are not followed the punishment should apply. Do you disagree?

reefraff

LA County spent 52 million on welfare and food stamps for the children of illegals, IN ONE MONTH. That doesn't include school lunches, medical care etc. Yeah, they don't hurt the economy....

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/397675/this-is-insane/40#post_3545624
LA County spent 52 million on welfare and food stamps for the children of illegals, IN ONE MONTH. That doesn't include school lunches, medical care etc. Yeah, they don't hurt the economy....
Brother. In 2011, it was reported that an estimated 2.8 million illegal immigrants resided in California. LA County reported 762,000 illegals in 2010. But your idiotic right-wing blog sites like Breibert and The Blaze claim that just the illegal children received $52 million in welfare and food stamps in one month? Let me do some simple math for you. Of that 762,000, let's say 20% of those are children. That's 152,400 kids. Now divide that number by this supposed $52 million. That's right at $341 for each kid in one month. Wow, that's going to put a major dent in Beiber's pocketbook now isn't it. They sell piece of crap single frame 1300 square foot houses in LA for $550K, and you besmirch as kid of getting a couple hundred dollars to put food on the table? What a humanitarian you are.

http://www.laalmanac.com/immigration/im04a.htm

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397675/this-is-insane/40#post_3545619
Whats my point? Laws are created to be followed. If those laws are not followed the punishment should apply. Do you disagree?
Sure I agree. But why do those laws only apply to illegals? 100 times more US citizens break laws in this country than illegals every day. Many get away with it scott free. You have financial investors that bilk the American taxpayers out of BILLIONS, yet they get their fancy lawyers to get them off with nothing but a slap on the wrist. You have alcoholics that have been arrested for DUI SIX times, yet they receive probation for each offense. That's OK, because they're legal. But if an illegal commits the same act? Take them out back and shoot them is your logic. The problem is, when it comes to illegals, the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Here's an interesting perspective on how other countries around the world deal with immigrants:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/06/130630-immigration-reform-world-refugees-asylum-canada-japan-australia-sweden-denmark-united-kingdom-undocumented-immigrants/

reefraff

Another case of Bionicaggie talking out of the wrong orifice LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He claims my source was "Some idiot right blog site" while sourcing his BS from the la almanac ROFLMAO!!!!

Oh, here's my "Idiot right wing blog site" source

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/sep/05/local/la-me-illegal-welfare-20100906

L.A. County welfare to children of illegal immigrants grows
Payments to U.S.-born children rose to $52 million in July, prompting calls for policy changes

Or

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/09/16/undocumented-la-county-parents-projected-to-receive-650m-in-welfare-benefits/