This is me venting...sorry

D

deadly_legend

Ok, well, at this point in my High School career, i am a senior, and the majority of my friends are female, since i seem to get along better with them, and i can go to them for relationship advice when i need it, and since they are women, they have a general idea of what women want to hear or want to know. Well, for the past couple of months, all my friends have seemed to turn on each other over me and its really starting to tick me off. One is my ex and is in love with me, and i want nothing more than a friendship, another is genuanlly my bestfriend and has been for a while, and the third is a friend that i have gotten close to in the past school year. Well, my current girlfriend hates me ex, and the other non bestfriend, with good reason i may add, but im the type of person that doesnt like ticking people off and am nice (well try to be, there are a few...as always) to everyone. Im just suck of the drama and all that, why are teenage women so dramatic? i mean seriously??? its not just those three either, there are about 5 others outside that specific group that basically do the same thing. im just really tired of it and had to blow off some steam.....so i apologize for the waste of a thread. Theres more but i have to go to buisness math (yay morgages [sp?])

D

deadly_legend

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3209758
You need to hang out with some guys. You are to sensitive.
yea..ikr...i only know two guys in all honesty. BUT i dont really hang out with anyone outside of shcool, i'll talk to them but not hang out with them, due to the girlfriend getting upset and not wanting me to hang out with people when shes not there lol, but i agreee i need more male influence

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by Deadly_Legend
http:///forum/post/3209766
yea..ikr...i only know two guys in all honesty. BUT i dont really hang out with anyone outside of shcool, i'll talk to them but not hang out with them, due to the girlfriend getting upset and not wanting me to hang out with people when shes not there lol, but i agreee i need more male influence
I also think at your age...you should not be allowing the girlfriend to dictate how much time you spend with your friends....they can only do that after you are married....

btldreef

Wait ... did I read that right? Your girlfriend chooses whether or not you can be friends with someone? You're not allowed to hang out with a friend unless she's around.
GET RID OF HER!
**This advice is coming from a girl, btw**
Teenagers and girls make me so mad, this is why all my friends are men. No one, and I mean absolutely no one, should decide who your friends are other than you. Unless you're grounded by your parents, no one should be telling you whether or not you can hang out with said friends. She doesn't know them? She's basically saying, "I don't trust you, and I know I can walk all over you and you'll do as I say, so you can't hang out with them. Spend all your free time with me. Worship me, I'm a little princess."
Seriously, get rid of her. She's not good for you or your self esteem.
This chick needs to join reality.

stdreb27

IMO if your "best" girl friend is hot, dump the rest and tell her you want her. Because if you're not dating in fear of not having a friendship. They'll all be gone while in college. No matter what you deturmine is going to be the case.

stevedave08

http:///forum/post/3209770
I also think at your age...you should not be allowing the girlfriend to dictate how much time you spend with your friends....they can only do that after you are married....
Funny, because it's true. LOL.

reefkprz

can I get an "AMEN" !!!!

meowzer

As much as I hate to say this
I AGREE 150%
I will not comment on the "after you are married part" though

flower

http:///forum/post/3209766

I didn’t read through all the posts. Too much drama.
As an older lady I want to educate you. Young women do NOT know what women want. They don’t even know what they want for themselves let alone all women…why? Because they are young. The “drama” you are talking about is a right of passage for every young woman from age 13 to around forever. Drama is what we are all about 24/7 it's always something.
There is no such thing as friendship and no emotional ties
. A young woman accepts “friendship” because they want more, and your friendship will do for now. Either the girl says “let’s just be friends” and the guy wants more, or the other way around. Jealousy rears its ugly head when you try and toss in another “friend”
You do need some Guy friends…why? Because guys are clueless to emotion, and happy with cars, video games, and physical stuff. They don’t like drama, hence why you are so tired of it.
Pick a girlfriend, and leave all others alone. Treat the female “friends’ like your guy friends…say hi and keep walking, or talk about stuff that does not matter. Keep all the deep emotional stuff for a longtime
girlfriend (not just friend) and potential wife.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3209926
There is no such thing as friendship and no emotional ties
. A young woman accepts “friendship” because they want more, and your friendship will do for now. Either the girl says “let’s just be friends” and the guy wants more, or the other way around. Jealousy rears its ugly head when you try and toss in another “friend”
That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements that I've ever heard and I'll vehemently disagree with that. I have a number of female friends, and 2 in particular that are 2 of my absolute closest friends in the world. There is not now, nor has there ever been anything more than a great friendship between us. I've known one of them since the 7th grade and the other I met when I was a senior in high school. I've never wanted anything more than friendship with them and vice versa. Both are married now, as am I, and all 6 of us are great friends and have all been in each others wedding parties.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Its the 21 century, and yes, there is such a thing as women and men just being friends. My best friend in high school was a guy. We never had any romantic involvement whatsoever. He was just my best friend and that's it. Lots of fond memories, non of which are romantic. Friendships frequently end up having more significant emotional ties. Any relationship has emotional ties.
It is true, perhaps, that the potential for more than "just friendship" between male/female friends is there, after all, being good friends with someone can make for a very healthy start to a more involved relationship.
Deadly, yeah, you do need to hang with the guys. And don't let your girlfriend's insecurities shape your life.

aquaknight

Jeez, if you can't keep the hens in-line now, what you going to do in 4 years when you have 3 or 4 girlfriends?

D

deadly_legend

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3209771
Wait ... did I read that right? Your girlfriend chooses whether or not you can be friends with someone? You're not allowed to hang out with a friend unless she's around.
GET RID OF HER!
**This advice is coming from a girl, btw**
Teenagers and girls make me so mad, this is why all my friends are men. No one, and I mean absolutely no one, should decide who your friends are other than you. Unless you're grounded by your parents, no one should be telling you whether or not you can hang out with said friends. She doesn't know them? She's basically saying, "I don't trust you, and I know I can walk all over you and you'll do as I say, so you can't hang out with them. Spend all your free time with me. Worship me, I'm a little princess."
Seriously, get rid of her. She's not good for you or your self esteem.
This chick needs to join reality.
well, she just gets jelous, and then she gets all pouty...but i do love her...then again, i still love a few ex's lol, but tbh my self esteem is high, since i got 5 girls at school wanting me on top of my girlfriend, so thats fine

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3209775
IMO if your "best" girl friend is hot, dump the rest and tell her you want her. Because if you're not dating in fear of not having a friendship. They'll all be gone while in college. No matter what you deturmine is going to be the case.
me and my bestfriend arent attracted to each other like that, she gets sooo ticked at me and other chicks, just because she adores my girlfriend (and no i dont cheat, i couldnt do that..[again]..) and she just doesnt like me having girls seem to be all over me lol, but tbh, i want to move about 10 hours away from here for college.
Originally Posted by AquaKnight

http:///forum/post/3210142
Jeez, if you can't keep the hens in-line now, what you going to do in 4 years when you have 3 or 4 girlfriends?

its not about keeping them in the row, its about keeping the rows seperate , or atleast, from what i understand and have seen
_container">
Originally Posted by Beth
http:///forum/post/3210135
Its the 21 century, and yes, there is such a thing as women and men just being friends. My best friend in high school was a guy. We never had any romantic involvement whatsoever. He was just my best friend and that's it. Lots of fond memories, non of which are romantic. Friendships frequently end up having more significant emotional ties. Any relationship has emotional ties.
It is true, perhaps, that the potential for more than "just friendship" between male/female friends is there, after all, being good friends with someone can make for a very healthy start to a more involved relationship.
Deadly, yeah, you do need to hang with the guys. And don't let your girlfriend's insecurities shape your life.

Her insecurites do shape my life a little, but, we have split and got back together about some other girls and stupid stuff before, this is our final try (atleast to me) and the other two (not my bestfriend) i dated one of em, left my gf for her several times because i cant decide what i want (i am a teenager after all) and the other is someone ive gotten close to really fast....
Also my gf is the girl who willg et married tomorrow if i asked, and im not getting married for another 5 -6 years atleast lol

browniebuck

ummmmm...this is going to sound mean....but, I'll say it anyway...dude, grow a pair!!!
I don't care how much I love someone...if they try to control my life, they find themselves single before they can finish the sentence!!! Don't let ANY woman/girl/dude (if you decide to swing that way) tell you that you can't hang out with your friends.

D

deadly_legend

Originally Posted by browniebuck
http:///forum/post/3210200
ummmmm...this is going to sound mean....but, I'll say it anyway...dude, grow a pair!!!
I don't care how much I love someone...if they try to control my life, they find themselves single before they can finish the sentence!!! Don't let ANY woman/girl/dude (if you decide to swing that way) tell you that you can't hang out with your friends.
well, to me she has good reason with my ex, i understand that one, i wont let myself hang out with her (shes on me still) but yea...idk, all depends, we only see each other once a week due to our schedules, and idk, if things go down the drain i think its going to be if/when we move in together in a couple months...since we have plans to

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3210226
well, to me she has good reason with my ex, i understand that one, i wont let myself hang out with her (shes on me still) but yea...idk, all depends, we only see each other once a week due to our schedules, and idk, if things go down the drain i think its going to be if/when we move in together in a couple months...since we have plans to
OMG!!!! You are still in High School and you are already planning on moving in with someone.....let me tell you something SLOW DOWN...you have your whole life ahead of you.....try living it some first
I graduated H.S. in Jun and my 1st child was born in January, all my friends were living it up and I was changing diapers....
DON'T RUSH IT