This is what's wrong with this world...

bionicarm

Is this what we have to look forward to in regards to motivating our young minds attending institutions of higher education?

Snooki gets $32K to talk hair styling at Rutgers

Evan Agostini / AP
Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi participates in a Wrestlemania XXVII press conference in New York on Wednesday, March 30.

If your organization had $32,000 on hand to book a speaker, would you use it all on Snooki? That's what the Rutgers University student association did. On Thursday night, the pint-sized "Jersey Shore" star was hired to speak before nearly 1,000 undergraduates, where the topics ranged from hair styling to lessons for life.
Money for Snooki's appearance came from the mandatory student activity fee.
Interesting to note, the reality TV star's $32,000 fee is $2,000 more than Rutgers' commencement speaker, Nobel-winning novelist Toni Morrison, will get when she addresses graduates this spring.
Snooki's parting advice to students: "Study hard, but party harder."
I'm thinking Morrison might have a different message come May.

meowzer

OMG!!!!! That is a disgrace......study hard but party harder.....oh yeah....just what I want to teach my kids......Jackazz.....I think her and her slutty friends and manwhore friends should all be sent on their "merry" way....along with that dumb tv show Jersey Shore....

raptor72

Well they're in for a shock once their 15 minutes of fame runs out. If "real" actors and actresses who don't make it for the long haul end up waiting on tables and working as security guards at a parking garage, where do you think these flunkies will be in 5 years? Keep partying, see where it gets you.

darthtang aw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor72 http:///forum/thread/384906/this-is-what-s-wrong-with-this-world#post_3373582
Well they're in for a shock once their 15 minutes of fame runs out. If "real" actors and actresses who don't make it for the long haul end up waiting on tables and working as security guards at a parking garage, where do you think these flunkies will be in 5 years? Keep partying, see where it gets you.
Their 15 minutes would be up already if it weren't for discussions such as this.
Darth (Smoosh Smoosh) Tang

mantisman51

You know, this thread reminds me of an episode of "Plastic Surgery: Before and After". It used to be that the top 3 plastic surgeries were b@@b job, face lift and tummy lipo. The doctor from Beverly Hills said that in the last 5 years it has become b@@b job, vaginoplasty, lipo. Which makes me wonder if the depraved performers of New York's Armpit Shore aren't really a true representation of our sad and promiscuous nation.

mantisman51

I mean WTH can so many women be doing that they need a vag lift? I guess I really don't want to know. Sorry mods, I'm really not trying to push buttons. It really made me wonder.

reefraff

Further evidence of how screwed up our universities have become. Cess pools of PC and pop culture.