This is why I H A T E partisan politics...

reefraff

So Ryan is a kook for not doing enough to distance himself from Akin. OK where does that leave 0bama who is pushing for Debbie Schultz to be reappointed as head of the DNC when she is a demonstrated liar who triggered an international incident with one of her lies?

stdreb27

What would be another reason why Paul Ryan or Scott Brown is a kook. (I'll give you Akin, the republican pariah, unsupported by the party, and no longer in any official office, kicked to the curb. after he made a fool of himself) But no guilt by association, for Ryan.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/240#post_3503439
Here is the map by county of where Obama won. As you can see, the valley, Harris, El Paso, bexar, travis and dallas co. Those counties hold our largest pop cities. Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and El Paso.
Obviously there are millions of people who live in the areas surrounding those cities (and they're some of the most right wing bastions of the country). (outside El Paso) but the major cities are run by democrats...

Texas is a very red state, and run by a buncha republicans. But the major cities are democrat.
Drill down further into each county, and you would undertand why Republicans dominate the state. In San Antonio, the "blue" area is primamrily on the poorer Southside where the majority of Hispanic communities reside. The Northside is more affluent, ergo why it's primarily "red". I'd have to look up the numbes, but I beliee Romney won in San Antonio by a pretty good margin, even though the maps make it appear that the opposite should've occured. Here'a more accurate presentation of votes by county in Texas. As you can see, Harris County (which is essentially Houston) was barely won by Obama. Also, Bexar County went to Obama by a slim margin, but Kendall County, which is almost considered San Antonio (Kerrville, Boerne, etc.) overwhemingly went to Romney. Same could be said for Burleson County, which is right outside of Dallas. The inner cities are primarily Democrat, where the suburbs and more exclusive areas are primarily Republican. Follow the money...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Texas,_2012

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/240#post_3503430
http://www.petaluma360.com/article/20121206/COMMUNITY/121209758/1362/community?p=1&tc=pg
Point reyes has a population of 848 including the surrounding area. There are more seals than people....................
Touching on your other points. Comparing albuquerque to san antonio is not a good comparrison. while my business may be a dime a dozen there..there are exactly 12 similar to one of my businesses in the metro area here, including suburbs. ^ of those 12 we have formed an organization helping support and promoting our small businesses and aiding the community. each store donates 500lbs. or more a month to various rescues that have little funding. dollar value is a minimum of 1500 dollars. one store closes down...that is revenue that rescue now has to make up....it does have an effect, whether you like to think so our not. Albuquerque businesses, the majority are small business and we all support each other.....like I said, it is felt...maybe not by all or even a majority, but it affects a significant number of people other than just the employees of the business.
As you've shown, it's based on simple math and numbers. The smaller the community, the more effect businesses have on the local economy.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/260#post_3503543
Drill down further into each county, and you would undertand why Republicans dominate the state. In San Antonio, the "blue" area is primamrily on the poorer Southside where the majority of Hispanic communities reside. The Northside is more affluent, ergo why it's primarily "red". I'd have to look up the numbes, but I beliee Romney won in San Antonio by a pretty good margin, even though the maps make it appear that the opposite should've occured. Here'a more accurate presentation of votes by county in Texas. As you can see, Harris County (which is essentially Houston) was barely won by Obama. Also, Bexar County went to Obama by a slim margin, but Kendall County, which is almost considered San Antonio (Kerrville, Boerne, etc.) overwhemingly went to Romney. Same could be said for Burleson County, which is right outside of Dallas. The inner cities are primarily Democrat, where the suburbs and more exclusive areas are primarily Republican. Follow the money...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Texas,_2012
I'm not disputing that, I'm simply trying to refute your statement that the big cities are republican. The cities are not. The suburbs are... Look at the Mayors, houston, san antone, Austin Dallas? They aren't republicans... you get out of town, just north of San Antone, yes it is one of the reddest areas in the country. But there are enough people in south san antone to make it blue... Same with Dallas, Houston, austin...

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/240#post_3503475
so your argument is, because Paul Ryan has sponsored bills with a guy who is now a pariah (who's race was unsupported by the republican party) and was personally asked by Paul Ryan, to withdrawal from his campaign after he made an fool of himself. Then Paul is a kook. (remember this is no ted Kennedy get drunk wreck a car, kill the babe in his car, flee the scene, then go on to be one the most "respected" democrats over the last 50 years, while using other people's money to rent out entire whore houses while on junkets to south america).
So you knew a guy who ended up going off the deep end, and saying something stupid, now you're tainted too?
come on, that is a terrible arugument and you know it... You're going to have to do better than oh he worked with a guy who went out and made a fool of himself on TV, (saying stuff, not actually doing things, like voting for a bill that legalizes killing babies who survive a botched abortion)
Look up Ayn Rand. Enough said.
Ryan is your typical Poster Boy Conservative. He follows the same mantra of wanting to intertwine moral and religious values into his political beliefs, and use those beliefs to create laws to fit those ideological agendas. Congress has no business dictating what people do in their personal lives. If a woman wants to have an abortion, that's between her and her Maker. Laws shouldn't be put into effect based on one group's definition of what "life' is or isn't. Same thing with same-sex marriages. Who gave the religious sect the authority to determine which sexes are allowed to marry? Why does their mantra supercede those that disagree with their ideologies? More and more states are siding with the homosexual lifestyles. The Conservatives are pushing the SCOTUS now to make some determination of whose right, just as they did with Roe s. Wade, when in reality it's none of their damn business. What's next? We're going to follow China's lead and start telling couples how many kids they can have?

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/260#post_3503545
I'm not disputing that, I'm simply trying to refute your statement that the big cities are republican. The cities are not. The suburbs are... Look at the Mayors, houston, san antone, Austin Dallas? They aren't republicans... you get out of town, just north of San Antone, yes it is one of the reddest areas in the country. But there are enough people in south san antone to make it blue... Same with Dallas, Houston, austin...
But it's still a misconception. There are just ENOUGH people in those respective cities to make them blue. When you add the suburbs, which are essentially nothing more than extension of the major metropolis', the Republicans win hands down. Katy, Pearland, Conroe, Spring, are cities in their own rights, but if you weren't from Houston, you'd never know it.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/260#post_3503546
Look up Ayn Rand. Enough said.
Ryan is your typical Poster Boy Conservative. He follows the same mantra of wanting to intertwine moral and religious values into his political beliefs, and use those beliefs to create laws to fit those ideological agendas. Congress has no business dictating what people do in their personal lives. If a woman wants to have an abortion, that's between her and her Maker. Laws shouldn't be put into effect based on one group's definition of what "life' is or isn't. Same thing with same-sex marriages. Who gave the religious sect the authority to determine which sexes are allowed to marry? Why does their mantra supercede those that disagree with their ideologies? More and more states are siding with the homosexual lifestyles. The Conservatives are pushing the SCOTUS now to make some determination of whose right, just as they did with Roe s. Wade, when in reality it's none of their damn business. What's next? We're going to follow China's lead and start telling couples how many kids they can have?
Whats more screwed up, Republicans fighting for the life of unborn babies or Democrats who think a 15 year old should be able to get an abortion without her parents being told and at the same time fighting against a self confessed murdered being executed, WHEN HE REQUESTED THEY NOT FIGHT HIS EXECUTION?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Both sides stick their noses way too deep into morality and the day-to-day lives of Americans.
An example is NYC has an ordinance prohibiting extra large soft drinks at restaurants. Or Fla requiring women who want an abortion (which is legal in this country) to have sonograms and are forced to look at the sonogram as a perquisite of the procedure.
Do people of either side really want the government involved in this sort of thing? It is a gross abuse of power by governments.

uneverno

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/260#post_3503510
So Ryan is a kook for not doing enough to distance himself from Akin. OK where does that leave 0bama who is pushing for Debbie Schultz to be reappointed as head of the DNC when she is a demonstrated liar who triggered an international incident with one of her lies?
Indeed. On both counts.
I think we can pretty much conclude that politicians are liars and charlatans. The R's and the D's distinguish themselves from one another in that regard, not at all.

uneverno

What's more screwed up,
Believing in politicians pandering for your vote, or believing they actually take their rhetoric seriously?

uneverno

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/240#post_3503478
Did you really not know that there oil seeping out of the ground into oceans all over the world?
Oh, on that level. You need to be a little more specific - what you wrote sounded like you were squishing your toes in it, like it was even remotely comparable.
And, by all means, eat the stuff. I'm sure it's all good. BP has said so. 'Course the herring have yet to return to Prince William sound 20+ years after the fact, but I'm sure it's all good. The BP disaster was much better managed...

bionicarm

Whats more screwed up, Republicans fighting for the life of unborn babies or Democrats who think a 15 year old should be able to get an abortion without her parents being told and at the same time fighting against a self confessed murdered being executed, WHEN HE REQUESTED THEY NOT FIGHT HIS EXECUTION?
How about the Republicans fighting against teens or anyone else having easy access to birth control? If the 15 year old had that, maybe she wouldn't be pregnant in the first place. Let's use religious beliefs to keep birth control off 0f a health insurance policy, even though no one is forcing to use those contraceptives if they choose not to do so.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneverno http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/260#post_3503576
Oh, on that level. You need to be a little more specific - what you wrote sounded like you were squishing your toes in it, like it was even remotely comparable.
And, by all means, eat the stuff. I'm sure it's all good. BP has said so. 'Course the herring have yet to return to Prince William sound 20+ years after the fact, but I'm sure it's all good. The BP disaster was much better managed...
well, it does, walk down the beach, you can see little balls of oil and tar wash and squish it between your toes.. If anything, oil companies are cleaning up the environment. Once they deplete those reserves (see huntington beach) they don't have oil washing up on the beaches in southern california anymore. Thank you oil company... (a little humor) I know people who used to go to the beach with some turpentine (back in the 30-40's) and use that to clean the oil off of them, before those evil capitalist oil companies went out there and cleaned up (I mean drilled) all that oil seeping out of the ground.
The funny thing is for like a year every time there was a tar ball or a patch of oil wash up, it made the news, all the kooks came out and blamed BP, then a month later it turns out it wasn't from that event.
But seriously, what has Karl Rove, (and mind you Im not a Karl Rove fan) Paul Ryan, Scott Brown done, to be kook?

uneverno

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/260#post_3503582
well, it does, walk down the beach, you can see little balls of oil and tar wash and squish it between your toes.. If anything, oil companies are cleaning up the environment. Once they deplete those reserves (see huntington beach) they don't have oil washing up on the beaches in southern california anymore. Thank you oil company... (a little humor) I know people who used to go to the beach with some turpentine (back in the 30-40's) and use that to clean the oil off of them, before those evil capitalist oil companies went out there and cleaned up (I mean drilled) all that oil seeping out of the ground.
The funny thing is for like a year every time there was a tar ball or a patch of oil wash up, it made the news, all the kooks came out and blamed BP, then a month later it turns out it wasn't from that event.
But seriously, what has Karl Rove, (and mind you Im not a Karl Rove fan) Paul Ryan, Scott Brown done, to be kook?
mmm, I think the Ecuadorian indigenous people may have a differing opinion of what constitutes "cleaning up" and they're far from unique. What happens in the third world generally stays in the third world though. At least from a corporate media perspective.
As for kooks,
Rove's on air meltdown on election night was, ermm, interesting. It seems he drank too much of his own KoolAid and couldn't fathom that he might've been incorrect in his predictions.
Paul Ryan's claim that the Janesville, WI GM plant closing was somehow related to Obama, or maybe it was his sub three hour marathon time claim, or perhaps picking Bowhunter as his Secret Service alias, or maybe openly criticizing the bail out and privately begging for funds, or even his high school yearbook's "most likely to be a brown-noser" designation which may have damaged his credibility. A little. Or maybe it was that fake pot cleaning photo op at the soup kitchen in Ohio. I don't know.
I haven't mentioned Scott Brown in any of my posts, and must admit, I don't know who he is, so am too ill informed to comment regarding him.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneverno http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/260#post_3503587
mmm, I think the Ecuadorian indigenous people may have a differing opinion of what constitutes "cleaning up." What happens in the third world generally stays in the third world though. At least from a corporate media perspective.
As for kooks,
Rove's on air meltdown on election night was, ermm, interesting. It seems he drank too much of his own KoolAid and couldn't fathom that he might've been incorrect in his predictions.
Paul Ryan's claim that the Janesville, WI GM plant closing was somehow related to Obama, or maybe it was his sub three hour marathon time claim, or perhaps picking Bowhunter as his Secret Service alias, or maybe openly criticizing the bail out and privately begging for funds, or even his high school yearbook's "most likely to be a brown-noser" designation may have damaged his credibility. A little. Or maybe it was that fake pot cleaning photo op at the soup kitchen in Ohio. I don't know.
I haven't mentioned Scott Brown, and must admit, I don't know who he is, so am too ill informed to comment regarding him.
oops Scott Walker. (brown was the guy who got Ted Kennedy's perennial seat)
So, Rove antics last month, are what made him a kook, by saying they called Ohio too soon? (fine, Karl did melt down a little bit)
And this story? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444772804577621551971442634.html Are why the republicans are kooks?

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/260#post_3503581
How about the Republicans fighting against teens or anyone else having easy access to birth control? If the 15 year old had that, maybe she wouldn't be pregnant in the first place. Let's use religious beliefs to keep birth control off 0f a health insurance policy, even though no one is forcing to use those contraceptives if they choose not to do so.
Congress shall make no law.... Or free exercise thereof.
And in any case answer my question. Not only didn't 0bama distance himself from the serial liar, he is endorsing her reappointment. What kind of low life dirtbag does that make him?

uneverno

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/260#post_3503589
oops Scott Walker. (brown was the guy who got Ted Kennedy's perennial seat)
So, Rove antics last month, are what made him a kook, by saying they called Ohio too soon? (fine, Karl did melt down a little bit)
And this story? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444772804577621551971442634.html Are why the republicans are kooks?
Yes and, but - not just that. The article calls out the first of my points re: Mr. Ryan. I pointed out 5 instances of, at the very least, self delusion, if not being a pathological liar. (I'm no psychologist, so I'm in no position to make a judgement in that regard, but it does seem the man has a propensity for stretching the truth beyond its breaking point. And for no apparent reason than to aggrandize himself.) That's NBA star kooky.
The RNC did accept this moron as their VP candidate, after all. A basic vetting - might've taken 15-20 mins of google searches - would've shown him to be less qualified than Joe Biden.
Kooky? Yes - no question about it. Bordering on idiotic, in fact.
Someone, very senior in the party, has to have signed off on Mitten's choice. Probably Paul's good buddy Reince.
As for Mr. Walker, he's simply a Koch brother's shill. He has no original thoughts that Americans for Prosperity doesn't feed him.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneverno http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/260#post_3503587
mmm, I think the Ecuadorian indigenous people may have a differing opinion of what constitutes "cleaning up" and they're far from unique. What happens in the third world generally stays in the third world though. At least from a corporate media perspective.
As for kooks,
Paul Ryan's claim that the Janesville, WI GM plant closing was somehow related to Obama, or maybe it was his sub three hour marathon time claim, or perhaps picking Bowhunter as his Secret Service alias, or maybe openly criticizing the bail out and privately begging for funds, or even his high school yearbook's "most likely to be a brown-noser" designation which may have damaged his credibility. A little. Or maybe it was that fake pot cleaning photo op at the soup kitchen in Ohio. I don't know.
I haven't mentioned Scott Brown in any of my posts, and must admit, I don't know who he is, so am too ill informed to comment regarding him.
Did you watch Rove on election night or did someone tell you he had a melt down? I watched it. He made a great point and was in complete control.
So Ryan's a kook for accurately saying 0bama led workers at the Wisconsin plant to believe the bailouts would save their jobs? He said if the car manufacturers were bailed out there could be money to retool the plant and keep it open for 100 years. I guess 0bama's repeated outright lies during the debates didn't make him king kook?