This is why I H A T E partisan politics...

darthtang aw

Isn't. Murder a moral decision? Isn't spanking or slapping a child in diclscipline a moral decision? Isn't hitting a woman, even if she is hitting you a moral decision? Isn't dictating an employer can't hire people based off race a moral decision?
All laws are based in morals. Correction. Tax laws are the exception.

uneverno

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/260#post_3503603
Did you watch Rove on election night or did someone tell you he had a melt down? I watched it. He made a great point and was in complete control.
So Ryan's a kook for accurately saying 0bama led workers at the Wisconsin plant to believe the bailouts would save their jobs? I guess 0bama's repeated lies during the debates didn't make him king kook?
I did watch him. I am a believer in sun tzu, ergo, knowing my enemy is a priority of mine.
What point did Mr. Rove make that was so great?
As for Obama's bailouts, let's not forget that the Republicans put in place the first of the two ~one trillion dollar bailouts. The dems belonged to the 2nd one, and that, only after they were elected.
The point being that our elected "representatives" have raped we the taxpayers to the tune of 2 trillion dollars and no banking sheisters fraud has yet been called into question.
Who represents me? Who represents you on Capitol Hill?
Nobody. Suck it up and cover the 1%'s gambling debts.
Meantime, if they win, please, by all means, keep believing that they will distribute those winnings in your direction.
Trickle down works. Srsly. Assuming the rich are magnanamous. :D

uneverno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/280#post_3503606
Isn't. Murder a moral decision? Isn't spanking or slapping a child in diclscipline a moral decision? Isn't hitting a woman, even if she is hitting you a moral decision? Isn't dictating an employer can't hire people based off race a moral decision?
That one cannot legislate morality is the great political misnomer of the day.
You are correct. All laws attempt to enforce morality.
The only question is whose?

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneverno http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/280#post_3503609
I did watch him. I am a believer in sun tzu, ergo, knowing my enemy is a priority of mine.
What point did Mr. Rove make that was so great?
As for Obama's bailouts, let's not forget that the Republicans put in place the first of the two ~one trillion dollar bailouts. The dems belonged to the 2nd one, and that, only after they were elected.
The point being that our elected "representatives" have raped we the taxpayers to the tune of 2 trillion dollars and no banking sheisters fraud has yet been called into question.
Who represents me? Who represents you on Capitol Hill?
Nobody. Suck it up and cover the 1%'s gambling debts.
Rove said they were calling the state when 0bama had a tiny margin over Romney and he was correct about that. The people at the Fox decision desk actually came on air to discuss how they made the call and even agreed that Rove had a point but based on their models they were sticking to the call which was right. There was no meltdown or anything close to it.
And what does who did the first round of bail outs have to do with anything? Obama visited the factory and led the workers to believe the bailouts were going to save their jobs. Ryan says Obama broke a promise which isn't really accurate but theres a whole lot more truth to that than 0bama'c claims of 5 trillion dollar tax cuts for the rich, his lies about oil production and leasing on federal lands, his claim he opposed leaving troops in Iraq etc, But Ryan's a kook?

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneverno http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/260#post_3503602
Yes and, but - not just that. The article calls out the first of my points re: Mr. Ryan. I pointed out 5 instances of, at the very least, self delusion, if not being a pathological liar. (I'm no psychologist, so I'm in no position to make a judgement in that regard, but it does seem the man has a propensity for stretching the truth beyond its breaking point. And for no apparent reason than to aggrandize himself.) That's NBA star kooky.
The RNC did accept this moron as their VP candidate, after all. A basic vetting - might've taken 15-20 mins of google searches - would've shown him to be less qualified than Joe Biden.
Kooky? Yes - no question about it. Bordering on idiotic, in fact.
Someone, very senior in the party, has to have signed off on Mitten's choice. Probably Paul's good buddy Reince.
As for Mr. Walker, he's simply a Koch brother's shill. He has no original thoughts that Americans for Prosperity doesn't feed him.
lol, than American's for Prosperity deserve some props. Because that state is in the black for the first time in YEARS.... Those dang Kooky ideas that save jobs, end deficits, and piss off teacher unions...
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/260#post_3503603
Did you watch Rove on election night or did someone tell you he had a melt down? I watched it. He made a great point and was in complete control.
So Ryan's a kook for accurately saying 0bama led workers at the Wisconsin plant to believe the bailouts would save their jobs? He said if the car manufacturers were bailed out there could be money to retool the plant and keep it open for 100 years. I guess 0bama's repeated outright lies during the debates didn't make him king kook?
let him talk, that speaks for itself...

uneverno

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/280#post_3503618
Rove said they were calling the state when 0bama had a tiny margin over Romney and he was correct about that. The people at the Fox decision desk actually came on air to discuss how they made the call and even agreed that Rove had a point but based on their models they were sticking to the call which was right. There was no meltdown or anything close to it.
And what does who did the first round of bail outs have to do with anything? Obama visited the factory and led the workers to believe the bailouts were going to save their jobs. Ryan says Obama broke a promise which isn't really accurate but theres a whole lot more truth to that than 0bama'c claims of 5 trillion dollar tax cuts for the rich, his lies about oil production and leasing on federal lands, his claim he opposed leaving troops in Iraq etc, But Ryan's a kook?
I stand corrected. Rove is a self proclaimed genius.
Please keep drinking the Koolaid.
The first round of bailouts has nothing to do with anything. Until the 2nd rounds efficacy is called into question. Both parties have baile out the banks at our expense.
You admit that Ryan's claim is not entirely accurate. What level of accuracy should I take as truth?
Does Obama speak the truth? I will be the first to say, no, he's a liar and a charlatan. Does Ryan speak the truth? Please, show me how.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneverno http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/280#post_3503626
The first round of bailouts has nothing to do with anything. Until the 2nd rounds efficacy is called into question. Both parties have baile out the banks at our expense.
You admit that Ryan's claim is not entirely accurate. What level of accuracy should I take as truth?
Does Obama speak the truth? I will be the first to say, no, he's a liar and a charlatan. Does Ryan speak the truth? Please, show me how.
Rove is a genius. If you watched him election night you should have caught on to that. The voting demographics and statistics he knows off the top of his head demonstrate just how smart he is. It's amazing. Doesn't mean he is never wrong. But he did get W elected to office over one of the most popular governors in the country and president twice. If W is half as dumb as you libs claim that right there shows how smart Rove is.
At least Ryan's comments are based in truth. The man is in no way a kook.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/280#post_3503606
Every one of those examples have to do with common sense, and have nothing to do with someone's religious beliefs. Morality and religion are two diffeent things.

darthtang aw

Every one of those examples have to do with common sense, and have nothing to do with someone's religious beliefs.  Morality and religion are two diffeent things. 
There is no such thing as common sense. What is common sense to one person may not be common sense to another. It is "common sense" that smoking causes cancer, yet many people still choose to smoke. We haven' t laws against that. It is "common sense" that alcohol kills brain cells. Yet the alcohol industry is one of the highest frosting industries in the market. We tried to legislate that piece of " common sense" many decades ago. Laws are NOT common sense. They are moral based for the greater good of the society. Plain and simple. Until people understand that this nation will further delve into a more selfish nation. Just look at what has been deemed basic necessities in the last 100 years to see this point.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneverno http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/280#post_3503626
I don't have a problem with
"When he talked about change, many people liked the sound of it, especially in Janesville, where we were about to lose a major factory.
Alot of guys I went to high school with worked at that GM plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: “I believe that if our government is there to support you … this plant will be here for another hundred years.” That’s what he said in 2008.
Well, as it turned out, that plant didn’t last another year. It is locked up and empty to this day. And that’s how it is in so many towns today, where the recovery that was promised is nowhere in sight."
I fail to see where he lied. help me out here,
He pointed out the factory was on the ropes. Which it was.
the Obama quote implied that it was still open. "this plant will be here for another 100 years"
"It is locked up and empty to this day." True
He gave the date of the speech, "in 2008" anyone with half a brain would know that it was before he was elected.
Help me out here. where is the lie?

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/280#post_3503675
There is no such thing as common sense. What is common sense to one person may not be common sense to another. It is "common sense" that smoking causes cancer, yet many people still choose to smoke. We haven' t laws against that. It is "common sense" that alcohol kills brain cells. Yet the alcohol industry is one of the highest frosting industries in the market. We tried to legislate that piece of " common sense" many decades ago. Laws are NOT common sense. They are moral based for the greater good of the society. Plain and simple. Until people understand that this nation will further delve into a more selfish nation. Just look at what has been deemed basic necessities in the last 100 years to see this point.
So how is restricting a specific sector of the population, those being homosexuals who want to be married, considered "the greater good of the society"? Your society? Mine? How is restricting a woman to allow to choose what she wants to do with her body considered "a greater good to society"? I agree that we shouldn't restrict someone's desire to kill themselves smoking - to a degree. If you want to sit around your house or some enclosed room with a bunch of other smokers, puff away. It's when you perform that act in the same "air space" as mine, to where it can affect MY heralth is when I have a problem with it. Want to sit down and drink a fifth of Wild Turkey in one sitting? Knock yourself out. Just don't get into your car and start driving around where you can kill me or someone else. That's common sense. Your definition of "selfish" is a bit different than mine.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/280#post_3503684
So how is restricting a specific sector of the population, those being homosexuals who want to be married, considered "the greater good of the society"? Your society? Mine? How is restricting a woman to allow to choose what she wants to do with her body considered "a greater good to society"? I agree that we shouldn't restrict someone's desire to kill themselves smoking - to a degree. If you want to sit around your house or some enclosed room with a bunch of other smokers, puff away. It's when you perform that act in the same "air space" as mine, to where it can affect MY heralth is when I have a problem with it. Want to sit down and drink a fifth of Wild Turkey in one sitting? Knock yourself out. Just don't get into your car and start driving around where you can kill me or someone else. That's common sense. Your definition of "selfish" is a bit different than mine.
there is nothing common sense about calling killing babies a woman's right to choose. hell at least the jews could fight back when hitler rounded them up...

jerthunter

The term common sense is overused quite a bit. It seems like people insist something is "common sense" if they believe it, and anyone that disagrees must lack it. To me, if a majority of people vote a particular way, then "common sense" would be that they are correct, thus the term "common" in "common sense"

beaslbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerthunter http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/280#post_3503716
The term common sense is overused quite a bit. It seems like people insist something is "common sense" if they believe it, and anyone that disagrees must lack it. To me, if a majority of people vote a particular way, then "common sense" would be that they are correct, thus the term "common" in "common sense"
Or as I tell my wife Your common sense or my common sense. LOL
FWIW I heard that people who study ancient cultures study their laws. Because it tells us what:
1). they thought was wrong
and
2). what they we doing they thought was wrong.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/280#post_3503711
there is nothing common sense about calling killing babies a woman's right to choose. hell at least the jews could fight back when hitler rounded them up...
That's you're interpretation of morality, and what the definition of abortion is. The "killing babies" mantra doesn't work. You think a unborn fetus that has no cognitive thought processes at the legal term when abortions occur, takes pecedense over a living, breathing, intelligent, cognisant woman that has a right to whatever she chooses with her body? People kill themselves everyday smoking 3 packs of cigarettes or drinking a fifth of bourbon, but I don't see anyone wanting to create laws to force them to not do that to their bodies. Oh wait, I forgot. Fetuses don't get a say in the game. When a newborn premature baby is in the NICU fighting for his/her life, and the doctor comes in and tells the parents that in "his professional opinion" the baby won't survive, and he asks the parents permission to pull off life support, where's the babies rights there? Did the doctor ask the Premi if it were ready to die, or ask that if it wants to discontinue care? That can happen all the way up to 18 years of age. Unless the kid gets a court order to stop his parents from stopping care, he/she has no legal rights to say no. What's the difference? Again, the decision is between the mother and her Maker.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/280#post_3503684
But marriage is a religious institution the government is constitutionally prohibited from meddling in. The government approves or restricts a great many medical procedures, devices and drugs. Why are they prohibited from regulating on specific procedure?

jerthunter

But marriage is a religious institution the government is constitutionally prohibited from meddling in. The government approves or restricts a great many medical procedures, devices and drugs. Why are they prohibited from regulating on specific procedure?
I am not sure how it is where you live, but where I am, the government already meddles in marriage. You are required to get a marriage license from the government, it impacts tax rates and government benefits.
Peersonally I believe it should be a religious institution, each religious institution could have its own rules and marry whomever they chose.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerthunter http:///t/393539/this-is-why-i-h-a-t-e-partisan-politics/280#post_3503739
I am not sure how it is where you live, but where I am, the government already meddles in marriage. You are required to get a marriage license from the government, it impacts tax rates and government benefits.
Peersonally I believe it should be a religious institution, each religious institution could have its own rules and marry whomever they chose.
I agree with you. I support civil unions as a matter of fairness. But that isn't what the big push for gay marriage is about.

bionicarm

Marriage a "religious institution"? So if I go down to my local court house, obtain a license, then go find a judge to preside in the ceremony, I'm actually being married by a religious institution? Didn't realize judges were ordained ministers, catholic priest, or some other religious official.