This needed to be said!

reefraff

I hope they put someone in charge of the rebuilding, not just a board to oversee it. There needs to be a person there calling the shots and an oversight board to hold that person accountable. I wouldn't put 2 cents of any federal money in the control of the LA government.

jon.316

Let me just start by saying that the only bush i like is the one on my gir......nevermind...
LOL ....hmmm ma 2 cents....lets see...bush is a fool, he just doesn't know it....he thinks he's doing good and his decisions are well thought out but the last 5 or so years has kinda killed that view...Somebody's gotta take the blame, somebody did...of course mr. president didn't..he's the prez for goodness sakes...sheesh.....but hey somebody's gotta get hanged...200 billion dollars huh?? I love how Clinton and Bush Senior has to go around beggin for $$ for the katrina fund when little Bush signs 100 billion $ bill to help Iraq...and speakin of Iraq.....Quick, short, inexpensive, minimal casualties....HA!!!!! Rebuilding N.O....hahahha he wont make decisions on his own and wont let anyone do anything without a week of paper shufflin.....Give the dang general the power to do what he needs to do to get the city inhabitable first then let polititions decide how to rebuild. AHhhh the deficit....spend spend spend....let the rest of the world pass us up and we'll just borrow some more....that's the american way tho right?? just use one credit card to pay off another...Anyone ever tried that???
ahhhh
I dont hate bush...he's just not qualified for the position he's in...

scubadoo

Originally Posted by JON.316
Let me just start by saying that the only bush i like is the one on my gir......nevermind...
LOL ....hmmm ma 2 cents....lets see...bush is a fool, he just doesn't know it....he thinks he's doing good and his decisions are well thought out but the last 5 or so years has kinda killed that view...Somebody's gotta take the blame, somebody did...of course mr. president didn't..he's the prez for goodness sakes...sheesh.....but hey somebody's gotta get hanged...200 billion dollars huh?? I love how Clinton and Bush Senior has to go around beggin for $$ for the katrina fund when little Bush signs 100 billion $ bill to help Iraq...and speakin of Iraq.....Quick, short, inexpensive, minimal casualties....HA!!!!! Rebuilding N.O....hahahha he wont make decisions on his own and wont let anyone do anything without a week of paper shufflin.....Give the dang general the power to do what he needs to do to get the city inhabitable first then let polititions decide how to rebuild. AHhhh the deficit....spend spend spend....let the rest of the world pass us up and we'll just borrow some more....that's the american way tho right?? just use one credit card to pay off another...Anyone ever tried that???
ahhhh
I dont hate bush...he's just not qualified for the position he's in...
many folks do not understand the Iraqi connection with 9/11. here is an exerpt form the state run Iraqi newpaper before 9/11. Gee, did they know? If so how?
In one editorial, two months before the attack, al-Nasiriyah -- a state-run newspaper for the Saddam regime -- managed to name all three attack targets for 9/11. They said that bin Laden had spent his time trying to work out how to bomb the White House, which would happen shortly before destroying the Pentagon. Then, in typically flowery Arabic fashion, the author claims that Americans will "curse the memory of Frank Sinatra", an odd reference -- unless one remembers that "New York, New York" remains Sinatra's signature song. In the event, the attack followed precisely this plan, except in reverse order: the World Trade Center went first, then the Pentagon, and the White House would likely have followed if the heroes of Flight 93 had not caused the terrorists to down the plane in Pennsylvania.
Even beyond that, the fawning tone and obvious support for Osama bin Laden in one of Saddam's newspapers belies any suggestion that the two could not find common ground for operations against their common enemy. Saddam wanted Iraqis to stand behind Osama and al-Qaeda and cheer on their attacks on the US. The author states: "This new awareness of the image that Bin Ladin has become gives shape to the resting areas and stops for every Arab revolutionary. It is the subject of our admiration here in Iraq because it shares with us in a unified manner our resisting stand, and just as he fixes his gaze on the Al Aqsa we greet him."

reefraff

More Iraq info.
They had WMD's at one point, there is no doubt about that. They had nothing to gain and a lot to lose by concealing the fact they no longer had them yet that is exactly what they did. All of the major intelligence agencies in the world thought they still had them. Based on like 17 UN resolutions right up til a couple months before the war it is a safe bet to say the UN thought they were still hiding something. It is a Reasonable assumption that they still had WMD.
Agents of the Iraqi government were known to have contacts with Al Qaeda members including Bin Laden throughout the mid to late 90's. Although it appeared there were no known agreements or deals made between the two a wounded Al Qaeda leader was taken from Afghanistan to Baghdad for medical treatment during that war. Iraq openly paid Palestenian terrorist families 25 thousand dollars after they struck. There were terrorist camps training camps allowed to opporate inside Iraq, Including areas in Saddam's control.
Iraq had been looking into ways to making terrorist style attacks on American interests inside and outside this country. Russia's anti-war President backs that up saying he personally forwarded the intelligence his government had regarding this as well.
So you have a country that has used WMD's, even on it's own citizens and has done nothing to prove they were destroyed as required by the cease fire in the first gulf war. You have credible evidence officials of said country have had meeting with members of a terrorist group that just attacked your country. And you have credible evidence that the country has expressed an interest in making a terrorist style attack on your country.
WHat do you do?
All of the above information is easily found with a google search. After learning of all of this my question is why did we wait so long to go into Iraq?
But I must say I was so impressed with Ms. Brazile's letter I had to look to see if it was a hoax. It was true and quite refreshing.

scubadoo

All true regarding the connection and there is numerous evidinece besides what you have stated regarding the connection.
ms Sheehan is a misguided soul that has lost touch with reality. Some of her statements have little basis in fact.
I am certainly sorry that her sone was killed but that is what happens to folks in the military. The militray destroys perople and "things". Those that sever are heroes.
She is simply expoliting her son's death to further some cause. She feels this gives her a blank check to say, do, etc, etc, as she pleases.
it is thoroguh those brave folks that have served in the military that has given her the right to do so.
I am amazed that this individual gets a free ride pretty nuch in the media.
She has really said some things that are whacko.
I have never really enbraced the war with Iraq...but I support the troops and the president during times of war and this awful war on terror. I hope we continue beiing proactive in the war on terror...lets not have another body count before we do something. We need to identfy those states that harbor, promote, encourage terror on our country and friends..anf take them oout before we are hit.
I awknowledge that mayn lack the cogintive skills in their mind to think/reason along these lines.
She almost brings shame to her sons death with her "whacked out" statements.

darth tang

doing things like this is impulsive and irresponsible. before katrina we had a deficit problem putting us at $300+ billion every year for a total of $4 trillion the next 10 years from all the bad policies and spendings. he won't have to suffer the consequences when the dominos start to fall. it's you and i who will feel the pain a few years from now.
Why won't Bush also feel this future "pain"? Is he moving out of country after his term?

reefraff

You want someone who will cut out all pork spending by the congress and actually worry about the future? I think Pat Buchanan might be about the only nationally known politician with the guts or insanity to suggest such a thing. I give Bush a little credit for thinking long term on a couple items but he has yet to veto a spending bill. Hardly a fiscal conservative in my book but considering the alternatives I've voted for him twice:(