This Thing Is Evil Looking!!!!

cranberry

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2922202
What do you mean? Cranberry said it was a tunicate.

As did someone else in the thread before me. Not saying that makes us "more right", but give them their credit too :) Alot of these things are just guesses so I'll give ya odds. I'm 80-90 sure it's a tunicate.
Tunicates can look like some crazy things....

nwdyr

sorry I did not give credit to the thought that it is a tunicate , I just havent found any pic's that look like it...dont mean its NOT one but I am still not 100%
But thank you for the ID

cranberry

Weird. I was just cleaning up cause Boss lady is staying for the weekend and I came across some pages that had come loose from one of my books.... the pages dealt with tunicates. I'm gonna see if I can scan it.... I think you'll see something with some common characteristics.... stay tuned.

cranberry

Photo credit: From the book Natural Marine Aquarium Volume I - Reef Invertebrates. I'm pretty sure it's Calfos book but these are missing pages without an author stamp. I read my books a lot and they pretty much all fall apart after time.

Can you see some similarities? Yours looks like a deflated and starved version.... and different colour of course.

nwdyr

well that's good enough for me...of course my creature has no color and little lips
thanks for the ID! you guys rock
......now do I feed it or stab it to death

cranberry

Most tanks donot provide them with the food items needed to live. I'm sure he will die in time without any intervention.