Toadstool? from SWF.com

rdub62

Got this from SWF.com as a "Leather - Toadstool Aquacultured".
Looking for any other info on this, I am guessing a short polyp?
Does this look healthy?
When I was acclimating it, it was all crunched up in a ball like shape and more shriveled along the base...So it has really opened up.
Any suggestions / special info other than it being a leather/toadstool?

flower

If your water quality is even a little good that baby will make it, that is IMO the toughest coral and very, very hardy. It will take a week of leaving it alone to fully bloom. It will grow very fast and it's easy to frag..every piece you cut off will grow a new one. I loved mine...it got to be about the size of a dinner plate and I didn't want to frag it, but it was time.

meowzer

Looks liek it might be wanting to shed.....Leathers DO need to shed periodically...so they need a moderate amount of flow on them to help
Do you have flow on this guy?

rdub62

It is about 9 inches away from a Koraila 4 (1400 gph) I figured that was about "moderate" as most peoples post here say.
As far as shedding? I read that they typically release that slime/mucus for about 3 days after introducing it to a new system, which you can somewhat see in the photos around the outline if you look closely. Is this what you mean by it looks like it's trying to shed? Or are you referring to something else?
I am just more curious because I ordered it thinking, all toadstools except for the green polyp toadstools were long polyp, and this one's polyps, when open do not seem much long than when closed, if that makes sense.

meowzer

It really looks like a lobed leather to me....I am no expert, BUT I have a toadstool, and a lobed......the lobed leathers tentacles are NOT like the other ones....they are short
Look at the tentacles ( or should be saying polyps I think) on my yellow leather