Toadstool Help

mrdc

My gsp must be stressing out my toadstool because it has been laying over for a week now and it appears to be even more stress while down since the gsp is rubbing all over it. I removed what I could of the gsp but it isn't coming off easily. Should I cut the totadstool at it's base and attach it to another rock? That would allow me to move it away from the gsp but not sure if it would kill the toadstool since I have never cut one. Any thoughts?

indy2009

Yes, you can cut at the base it will reattach itself. What kind of flow do you have on it? It may also be shedding....

mrdc

Ok, I may go ahead and cut it then. I think there is a chance when you cut it that any leftover may regrow. Now it won't in my case since the gsp will overgrow whatever I leave behind.

spanko

Yes if any flesh is left at the point where you cut it from a new coral will grow. I am surprised that the GSP is bothering a leather coral. Not from any previous knowledge about that specific war, just thought the leather would win out over the GSP. Hmmm....calls for some data drilling!

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko http:///forum/thread/382509/toadstool-help#post_3338890
Yes if any flesh is left at the point where you cut it from a new coral will grow. I am surprised that the GSP is bothering a leather coral. Not from any previous knowledge about that specific war, just thought the leather would win out over the GSP. Hmmm....calls for some data drilling!
LOL....let me know what you find out....cause my gsp is close to my toadstool, and the gsp is spreading fast :)

acrylic51

Any pics of the slumping leather??? As one of the earlier posters suggested might be shedding....I've seen them go crazy for a 1-2 weeks and wham!!!! Open wide and bigger....Still clueless as to what was the deal....