top down picture contest JUDGE THREAD

natep206

ok people this was kinda a downer i only got 2 pictures that got voted for more then once so those are the ones the judges will vote on.
fishieness' 1st picture

murph145's 3rd picture

ok so since there are only 2 top pictures were gunna change it up. judges you cant vote yet. everyone post your argument BOTH should win over the other. you have to put your argument for BOTH. just so the judges concider both opptions a little more before judging. you can start judging at 8 tonight. till then start convicing!
have fun,
nate

joncat24

not that I could care less if I win anything or not. Itokk the pics cause it was fun. But, you said thoase were the only ones with more than one vote, I think you should scroll through all four pages again and take another count>

natep206

jon i counted correctly a couple of votes were disqualified. and they official voting started on the 3rd page on post #140 with me.
judges may vote now

murph145

this seems to have gotten too complicated lol i duno anymore....
i just entered for fun as well i think maybe the rules shoulda been clearer cuz lots of people got disqualified and such....
maybe u should have a do over and have a month worth of time where people can enter there "3" top down shots and that be that i just dont think enough people entered or are judging if im to be fair?
what do u guys think?

fedukeford

i agree with murph, i think there should have been at least a couple weeks for entering, and a week or 2 for voting, and no disqualification, the person just has to delete as many pics as they have to , to get them to 3 pics. How about a re-do?

joncat24

how were votes disqualified...where does it say in the rules that no votes before post 140 count?
the votes were cast and not counted, wassssup?

fishieness

i thought all the rules were very clear and fair, but i just was surprised with the lack of participation!
usualy with pictures contests there are like 50 bajillion entires and 100 bagaillion votes. :notsure:

madman33

Originally Posted by fishieness
i thought all the rules were very clear and fair, but i just was surprised with the lack of participation!
usualy with pictures contests there are like 50 bajillion entires and 100 bagaillion votes. :notsure:

meh.....top downs dont interest me cause they are too damn hard to get good ones so im sittin this one out...

tx reef

I don't really care either way. You guys decide something and I will still provide the prize.
I was disappointed with the participation and voting. The lack of votes makes it hard for me to think that anyone could really win this thing fairly.

jerthunter

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the contest even though no one voted for any of my pictures, but I will keep trying. There were plenty of good pictures that I enjoyed seeing. Thanks for running the contest!

natep206

the rules were clear. no redo. some one else can start another if they want.
joncat no rule said anything about post 140 sorry if you missunder stood i just said thats when it did start not when i could start. the rule was voting started on the 19th. and if youre counting ones before that then thats y you are miss counting. and only one vote per person was counted per person so people that voted for more then one got disqualified.
judges vote and someone start another one with a diffrent theme!

fishieness

Originally Posted by Madman33
meh.....top downs dont interest me cause they are too damn hard to get good ones so im sittin this one out...
just turn off all your movement :)
i turned off my HOB filter, skimmers, and all my powerheads and as long as my clownfish werent begging on the top for food, i had a nice smooth surface to shoot through ***)