travelerjp98 (Justin/Panther) meets Siptang (Richard/Sip) and novahobbies (Rick/richard)

deejeff442

heck its only $ we can make more right? lol.my problem is i need to finish my house .kinda tired of living in my rv.

snakeblitz33

Man, i have been places. Lol. Ive been to arizona and new mexico. Ive been to the florida keys and as far north as tennessee. Im travelled.
Plane tickets are $420
Hotel $280
Car rental $80
Macna tickets $350
Gas: $50
Food: $120-150
Emergency fund: $250
Corals$?
Ife ahopping money $?
Adds up pretty dang quick.
Id rather new led lights, pay back some debt, and save for my real homestead. My wife is trying to convince me to go still though.

gemmy

Seth, what LED's are you interested in? Check out Apollo and tell me if you are interested in any.

snakeblitz33

I have checked out Apollo before and I wasn't truly impressed about six months ago. Now might be a whole new story. I'll check them out.
Ok, checked them out.
I'm still looking at purchasing a Reefbreeders LED unit... either two photon 16's or one photon 32. They are reasonably priced units with an on board controller. I feel like they are worth it to try at least. For the money, it can't get much better.

gemmy

You could just go with straight Chinese LED's. The only thing you are losing is the backing of the manufacturer if something goes wrong. LED chips are pretty easy to replace.

snakeblitz33

And you see, I like manufacturer warranties. lol.
Even though they are importing these units (which I am aware of.) I am still giving my money to a hard working American, which makes me feel a little better about the deal. Plus, I feel like ordering from China is a little too risky for my taste.

S

siptang

Dude go with onyx like I have told you before. I made the switch and im so impressed and happy. Ask nova.

snakeblitz33

travelerjp98

Plane tickets to Ft Lauderdale for us during spring break were $300 a person... plus $200 for the luggage because of course it had to be 7lbs over lol.
times 3 people that 900 + the 200 was 1100 for airfare
we got a premium car so that was $600 for the week (including some priceline negotiating... it woulda been more!)
hotel was $230 a night times 7 nights plus addt'l room charges it came out to 1650
food, we had $100-200 a night dinners * 7 = roughly 950
lunch, we had it a few times out, other times it was randomly assembled stuff from Publix, same with breakfast = roughly 500
total, excluding other expenses such as gas for the car and shopping, our stay in the area was $4,800 for the week for 3 people (4 for a part of the week, but she payed for a few lunches and her own airfare
The area is quite pricey. Luckily my mom payed! lol. however, I did a lot of the planning so thats how I know most of the prices.
with the prices you guys are assuming, either y'all are great at saving or need to bump up how much you guys think y'all are gonna spend!

travelerjp98

However, if it's in August, I can propose the area again to my family for our summer trip. I know my sister and mom would approve!
This way I could visit while I'm there such as I did to siptang and novahobbies, except this time it would be visiting macna! or joining the swf dinner.
Rick is a VERY good planner. Just sayin'.

ironeagle2006

Lois hang on I am moving to the Little Rock area in June and they have that Awesome LFS there maybe one day we can meet there. Heck I am going to have to restart from the beginning as I had to sell everything to survive the last 6 months up here.

deton8it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///t/395167/travelerjp98-justin-panther-meets-siptang-richard-sip-and-novahobbies-rick-richard/20#post_3518109
Lois hang on I am moving to the Little Rock area in June and they have that Awesome LFS there maybe one day we can meet there. Heck I am going to have to restart from the beginning as I had to sell everything to survive the last 6 months up here.
I used to be stationed there. I actually travel to the Little Rock area (Cabot) 2 or 3 times a year. I too will be there in June. I am going there on the 7th.
John