Tring to decide between 7 ft long 265 gallon or a deep dimension 300 gallon reef tank

zx10racer

Can't decide which one to go with? I use to have a 90 gallon reef tank a couple years ago but had to take it down due to too much weight on the floor at old house. Just recently moved a few months ago and now have a sunroom that was added onto new house and the flooring is concrete, so should't have a problem supporting the weight. Just doing research and gathering info. I like the idea of the 265 being 7 foot long but on the other hand a deep dimension 300 gallon would make a killer reef tank with all that extra depth to work with! I'm also wondering if it's gonna be much of a price difference between setting up the two?

acrylic51

I'd go deeper than longer anyday..... The added depth front to back will be nice. My vote would be the 300 Deep !!!!!!

i<3reefs

What I would pick would depend on the dimension of your sunroom, and how long in the wall your putting it on? I would go for the deep if I was putting it on a short wall, where it would take up the entire wall, otherwise I would go with the 265 if it was on a long wall, so it wouldn't stick out to far into the room. I suppose in the long run it depends on your personal preference of how you like your aquarium to sit in your room.

aquaknight

Another thing to consider is the fish you want to keep. Even with a tank being 300 gallons, depending on the length, some fish like a Vlaminigii or Dussumieri tang might be cramped. As where a tank that's less gallons, but longer, they'd do better in there.

noah's nemo

I say longer.I'm having a custom 180 8 foot long built in the near future for an in wall.Like said though,depends on the fish you want,but i look at it like ,whatever fish you keep they all like to swim.

ibanez

What are the dimensions of the 300, because on glass cages, the 300 gallon tanks are 8 feet long. Here are the dimensions for the 300 tall and 300 wide. I would go with both these over the 7 foot tank you list. 96 x 24 x 31 Tall and 96 x 30 x 25 Tall.

zx10racer

i think i've decided to go with the Marineland deep dimension 300 which is 72 x 36 x 27 tall. I want more of a reef based tank so i think the 300 will look the best and give better viewing and more room for easier coral placement. Now all i gotta do is come up with some more $ to build this thing! lol

florida joe

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3271797
OMG JOE...you are failing at your job.....go back to post #2...and do your thing

Lois i was just giving you a break on Sat we all know in your world longer is going to wind up deeper