Trip to the Georgia Aquarium [Large Pictures]

lyngvar

Those pic are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I showed them to my 13 year old son. Guess what? Now he wants to go to the Georgia Aquarium for vacation.............

mag395

Haha, great. It is an amazing aquarium. A bit of advice, don't go to the 3D show. It's not a documentary type show. The content is too childish for kids older than like 8 and the effects would probably be too scary for kids under 8 or 9. It's a singing cartoon show about keeping the oceans clean and the dangers of six-pack plastic rings. It has the usual spray with water, air jets in the seats, etc. that shows at other amusment parks have. Just a waste of money.
I've heard that the best thing to do is get your tickets online and reserve a time earlier in the morning, like around 9-10am. It gets crowded later in the day and it's harder to see the exhibits.

natep206

Originally Posted by reedlog
epcot lets you dive with turtles... also endangered

do u know what species of the seven species of marine turtles u can dive with? i dought leather back because they r more open/colder water turtles. and olive and kemp ridleys are as attractive so i wouldnt think those either. i would think logger heads, hawk bills and greens but it would be intresting to know.
thanks
nate

pacino

what a freakin great place, 6.2 millions? that is insane! what are the dimensions on something like that? and a whale shark!! i am just speechless...

colball9

Those are amazing photos! wow i was reading up on the aquarium when they first began the construction but lost track of it all! i have te get down there now! WOW

import

Nice pics. Funny thing is, i live appx. 25 minutes from there and have not yet to go see it. I will definitely go this coming Sunday.

T

tampausmc

wow....those are some great pics.....especially those first two.....that's a lot of tangs

emmitt

Those 1st 2 pics are unbelievable!!!!
I almost dont feel bad about getting ripped off at Home Depot all the time after seeing that!!! What an amazing gift to give to your home state!

zanski

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW. IF YOU CAN MAKE IT TO ATLANTA, YOU MUST!!
STOP BY THE AQUARIUM. I LIVE IN ATLANTA AND I GO ALL THE TIME. THOSE PICTURES DO NOOOOO JUSTICE. ABSOLUTLY STUNNING!!
THOSE PICTURES WERE OF 1 TANK. WHEN I GO ILL TAKE A PICTURE OF EVERYTHING AND POST IT ON HERE. GIVE ME A WEEK. P.S IF YOUR EVEN THINKING OF DRIVING CLOSE TO THE GREAT STATE OF GEORGIA, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND TAKE THE TIME TO GO TO THE :cheer: GEORGIA AQUARIUM!! :cheer:

zanski

Also I See People Asking Various Q's. Whale Shark?? No! Plural. Whale Sharks And Yes 6.2 Million Gallons Is One Tank. Thats Only One Part Of The Aquarium. Keep In Mind Largest Aquarium In The World! The Balooka Whales (spell.?) Are Unbelievable. They Have The Most Beautiful Jelly's Ive Ever Seen.

mag395

It's in Atlanta. I can't remember how much admission was but it's not expensive. I think it was around $20. Well worth it.