True or False Perc?

guitarplr85

Lilly j I see you live in northwest Indiana. So Do I Portage Indiana, Just curious were you live and what lfs you go to. I found this really amazing store In Tinley Park Its about thirty five forty minutes from portage, and this place is amazing. Great prices, and on Kent marine stuff like calcium, Iodine Ph, stuff like that, about 5 to 7 bucks cheaper. I used to go to aquascapes but there gone, and the ark usally dont have to much in stock, but its a good local store.

chasar

Originally Posted by guitarplr85
http:///forum/post/2876512
Lilly j I see you live in northwest Indiana. So Do I Portage Indiana, Just curious were you live and what lfs you go to. I found this really amazing store In Tinley Park Its about thirty five forty minutes from portage, and this place is amazing. Great prices, and on Kent marine stuff like calcium, Iodine Ph, stuff like that, about 5 to 7 bucks cheaper. I used to go to aquascapes but there gone, and the ark usally dont have to much in stock, but its a good local store.
What is the name and address of the store in Tinley Park. I pay $20 for most of my Kent additives. Tin. Prk. is not that much further from me than it is you. Sounds like it may be worth the drive.

chasar

Question about the pics. I was under the impression that an Ocellaris Clown had more distinct line around the stripes and Percula's have more of a fade to black than a line. I would assume that this is not always true because the OP picture of the bottom would be a Percula. Is this a completely false statement about the stripes? How can a Ocellaris and Percula be determined? Is the outer eye theory reliable? What about the number of dorsal spines, reliable? Just curious. Seems that it is information that would help many people and we all know how LFS can give false info. Thanks

aquaknight

The dorsal spines are fact. The eyes are a pretty reliable bet for the "standard" variations. Misbar's, black & whites, snowflakes, etc, may have different eyes. But here is a side by side comparison of my mixed pair. It's a female percula(left) and a male ocellaris(right). You should easily see the eye difference:

rtspeed

The store name in tinley has to be aquatica, good guys, great prices, and always a sure bet on nice livestock.

guitarplr85

Yeah I love the place I have made my place to go once a mounth. There helpful and they want to help, thats whats good, They always set me up since I drive like Thirty miles to go there they were shocked. No everything I buy from them is wonderful.

crypt keeper

Its hit or miss with these guys. One pair may jump right in on one. Another make take a while and some may never host. I picked up two last night that were hosting one but I need a light upgrade to buy the anenome. Hopefully after Christmas I will have the other tank ready and cycling. Then I just have to wait a little and pick one up and hope they remember.

guitarplr85

CHASAR, It Is called Aquatica 16649 S. Oak Park Ave (Unit D0 Tinley Park, IL. 60477
(Hours Closed Monday, Tues-Fri 11 to 7, Sat-Sun, 11 to 5 Phone # 708-633-7333)
Like I said the guys there are awsome, nice as can be all's they want to do is help. you go in there on a Saturday or Sunday, its like going to a mall there so busy, but they always make time to help. They get a new shipment of fish and stuff every tuesday. I was paying around here about anywere from like 20-25 bucks on kent Marins, and I got a 160z bottle of mag for like 11.99 and thats what a 8oz bottle of mag is at these other places. I got a 16iz bottle of coral accell, for like 16.99 or and it was 24.99 at my local store, and my local store is not the greatest. Everytime I go into my local store they never seem to stock a lot of fish or corals, and they never know when there going to get a shipment in. and I go to this Aquatica about once a mounth, to stock up and get a fish and a coral or something. There store is awsome, when you first walk in there is like a swimming pool of there own personal sharks. Just go and check it out. They will have toons of stuff and there always telling my you should of been here the other day we had alot more, I thought the guy was joking because when there low they still have toons of stuff. Well sorry for blabbin hope this helps.

rtspeed

aquatica gets about 500 to 600 piece a coral a month and ships as well, also why you are in the area you should also check out go fish aquariums as they tend to get some nice pieces in as well.

guitarplr85

Rtspeed, go fish aquariums where are they located? I went to this place in orland that is reptiles on one side and fish on the other, but he was a major rip off.

neoreef

I breed clownfish: Amphiprion ocellaris mostly. I've watched as a store owner poured a bucketful of my (acclimated) clownfish into a tank with a lot of anemones, as they all swam to the base of one. They were in it, hosted by it before you could say limony snicket. I know for a fact those fish had never seen tank decor more complex than a PVC pipe fitting, yet they instantly knew what to do with an anemone.
A lot of people speak with great authority about that which they know little. It pays to do your own research, and not rely on what a store employee says.