True Percula Clownfish

garrett042

well a true percula clown fish is aggressive and may attack othe fish in the reef tank...but pretty fish though

dawicked1

hey christ how are your fish doing in the 6g? and how much lr and ls do u have in there? i want to get a 6 gal but idk what i would have to do with the back fliter things.. do i have to take anything out like the regular 12gal? thankz

reefdude37

Originally Posted by garrett042
well a true percula clown fish is aggressive and may attack othe fish in the reef tank...but pretty fish though
Does anyone have any experience with these fish? Becuase I thought they were peaceful

pclown

Originally Posted by ReefDude37
Does anyone have any experience with these fish? Becuase I thought they were peaceful
They are the most peaceful of the clowns. I have two Percs and they are as peaceful as it gets.

bang guy

Keep in mind that in the wild it's not just the Anemone that protects the fish. Often, the only thing keeping a Bubble-Tip from the Butterfly dinner table is a pair of Percula Clownfish relentlessly protecting their Anemone. Many types of hosting Anemone won't last an hour without their Clownfish guests fighting off Butterflyfish. They are agressive when their home is threatened and most fish figure this out really fast and just avoid the Anemone. Once the other fish learn to avoid the Anemone (of whatever is hosting the Clownfish) the tank will be very peaceful.

reefdude37

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Keep in mind that in the wild it's not just the Anemone that protects the fish. Often, the only thing keeping a Bubble-Tip from the Butterfly dinner table is a pair of Percula Clownfish relentlessly protecting their Anemone. Many types of hosting Anemone won't last an hour without their Clownfish guests fighting off Butterflyfish. They are agressive when their home is threatened and most fish figure this out really fast and just avoid the Anemone. Once the other fish learn to avoid the Anemone (of whatever is hosting the Clownfish) the tank will be very peaceful.
Interesting