trumpet fish anyone ever owned one

00nothing

Just picked up a 10-11 inch trumpet fish and a dwarf lion and was wondering if anyone has had any long term experience with trumpets. I was able to find the basics on this guy but nothing detailed is he is a very active eater eating immediatly after entering the tank (had 2 mollies that had been there for like 2 weeks he got one lion got the other). If his eating is any sign of his ease of care I should have him a long time.
Anyways heres the pics

00nothing

right now he is in a 55 gallon holding while the finshing touches for my 90 are done and will be moving from that to a 300 gallon over the long term. I will be honest i was a bit concerned about the size in a 55 gallon at first but hes a very inactive swimmer and is also able to bend his body back on itself very quickly

00nothing

There adult size is somewhere between 15-20 inches so no a 90 will not be big enough long term. A member on -- mentioned that they are distantly related to seahorses which after watching this guy is easily believable.

sean48183

Swam with these guys in the wild a bunch of times. They actually lay vertically inside staghorn corals and sea fans and stuff and actually look like part of the coral. Pretty cool fish.