tulip anenome problem

reefmuscle

i have these and want to get rid of them. i have tried boiling water and it didnt even phase them, any ideas as to how to kill them i dont care what as long it doesnt harm the rest of my corals even if that means buy little critters that will eat them

spanko

You really should have just bumped up your previous thread on these.
Have you tried any of the suggestions from that thread?

reefmuscle

how do u bump a thread? the only suggestion was boiling water being squirted onto them and didnt phase them

spanko

Just do a reply.
Just replying with the word "bump" moves the thread to the top of the page again.

reefmuscle

i just did some research and found this NUDIBRANCH, Spurilla neapolitana, will eat only anenomes and nothing else, any ideas where i could pick one up?

spanko

The OP is talking about Spurilla neapolitana, not B. verrucicornis, did you notice that Bang?

bang guy

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2873292
The OP is talking about Spurilla neapolitana, not B. verrucicornis
, did you notice that Bang?
Yes, I figured there was a natural Majano predator in the form of a Nudi, I just didn't know any have been identified.

sterling007

I haven't been on this message board in quite awhile because everything has been going so smoothly, but now the majano's are getting out of control. Has anyone been able to find someplace to get one of this nudi's??

crabbychris

I would use aiptasia x to kill them. I have have used it many times and it will kill any anemone quickly. Be careful not to squirt the stuff on corals. the anemones will return but i have found it is impossible to completely eradicate pest anemones without nudi's however it will kill most of them and they will be very slow to reproduce. typically after i treat my tank it takes about 2 months for more to appear. I would also add peppermint shrimp or a copperband because unlike nudi's shrimp and fish aren't quite as picky.

sweetlipsa_d

ok these tulip anemone's, how dangerous are they to other fish and possibly sehorses? I have a couple that seem to have appeared. We have just ordered seahorses and these all of a sudden appear.

bang guy

Originally Posted by sweetlipsa_d
http:///forum/post/3017664
ok these tulip anemone's, how dangerous are they to other fish and possibly sehorses? I have a couple that seem to have appeared. We have just ordered seahorses and these all of a sudden appear.
Their major problem is explosive population growth. They will irritate some corals but I don't think they sting severe enough to harm a fish. I have had Fish fry hid in them without harm.