Typhoon RO/DI -- your kiddin me!!!!!!

benrock

If you are worried about the 3rd world countries maybe you should join a missionary group and help out. I'm sure with your enthusiasm and concern you can make a real difference over there.
The water that your R/O waste goes down a drain through a sewer pipe back into a sanitation plant where it is filtered and cleaned to be used again. There is no effect on a 3rd world country by you using extra water.

mujtba

hahaha.. man im done talkn 2 brick walls... too much justification from u all..
u guys r too much...

jus turn ur faucets on all nite and let mother earth drink it up!
lata:hilarious

chandler4

Originally posted by mujtba
yo magic, u act like u know the solution to everythin else just cuz u can make a reef..
theres a reason y u cant drive till 16, vote till 18, drink till 21, gamble till 21, smoke till 21...
if age was never a factor, this world would be in crisis,,, ask ur mom

Dont diss young people u Ahole. ACTUALLY< freak, u can smoke at EIGHTEEN! U got some issues here. Water is ours, ya cant waste it, u pay it, u get it. People living in Somalia and Ethiopia are living there becuz that is where they grew up they are accustomed to the lack of water, and they are adapted to those conditions. On the other hand, americans and such have been surrounded by an abundence of water since the beginning of our country. If u dont use the water, and it goes down the drain, it goes to the ocean, goes to the clouds, comes back down and goes to the lakes. Since we are different CONTINENTS than africans, maybe u should yell at the freaking EUROPEANS for wasting water, cuz it is their side of the world. A cloud containing rain water in the americas doesnt generally go towards africa. Lets say some French person wastes about 200 gallons of water, and it goes down the drain, then it might have SOME slight effect on africans. If u want purified water, then buying it from the lfs wont help u at all, cuz they are still using the same technology to make the ro water. If yer so concerned about the subject, just buy SPRING water. It is as pure as it can get, no chemicals, and there are no problems. Now, we can all debate y people cant just use spring water, go ahead. All im saying, mjubta, is that ur humanitarian wife needs to get her priorities straight. Africans are on that continet becuz they never migrated like our ancestors did to better and more prosperous lands, and as much as an

[hr]
I may sound, our ancestors DID migrate, they DID move to better places, thus we CAN have the convenience of wasting water. End of the discussion. O yea, im 15, y dont u b1tch about THAT too.

chandler4

yo magic, u act like u know the solution to everythin else just cuz u can make a reef..
theres a reason y u cant drive till 16, vote till 18, drink till 21, gamble till 21, smoke till 21...

Dont diss young people u Ahole. ACTUALLY< freak, u can smoke at EIGHTEEN! U got some issues here. Water is ours, ya cant waste it, u pay it, u get it. People living in Somalia and Ethiopia are living there becuz that is where they grew up they are accustomed to the lack of water, and they are adapted to those conditions. On the other hand, americans and such have been surrounded by an abundence of water since the beginning of our country. If u dont use the water, and it goes down the drain, it goes to the ocean, goes to the clouds, comes back down and goes to the lakes. Since we are different CONTINENTS than africans, maybe u should yell at the freaking EUROPEANS for wasting water, cuz it is their side of the world!

chandler4

Actually, yer not prving any kind of point, cuz u just proved yer own freaking ignorance by stating that u cant smoke till yer 21, wen u can smoke at EIGHTEEN!! U have some nerve saying that young people dont have any knowledge. I could have had a tank for many years, know all the ropes, then u come on complainging about ro water, and I can show u up, but cuz im "young" and yer like some saggy old fat guy, that means that I cant be right. BTW, the water on OUR landmass doesnt effect the OTHER landmass across the ATLANTIC in any way. The rainwater almost NEVER gets over there, and there are certainly no PIPES running across the atlantic to europe and africa. You be yelling at european and african people about wasting water like that, and even if they are, it still isnt being wasted. If they waste ALOT of their water all at once, say, and it all goes into the ocean, and evaporates, and the wind picks up the clouds and sends them to Africa, then there are BENEFITS!! But, since that will probably never happen, and nature has its own ways of supplying water to the earth, we can basically say that sh1t happens. The africans got stuck on their continent, thats their way of live. No water. If u want purified water, then buying it from the lfs wont help u at all, cuz they are still using the same technology to make the ro water. If yer so concerned about the subject, just buy SPRING water. It is as pure as it can get, no chemicals, and there are no problems. Now, we can all debate y people cant just use spring water, go ahead. All im saying, mjubta, is that ur humanitarian wife needs to get her priorities straight. Africans are on that continet becuz they never migrated like our ancestors did to better and more prosperous lands, and as much as an

[hr]
I may sound, our ancestors DID migrate, they DID move to better places, thus we CAN have the convenience of wasting water. End of the discussion. O yea, im 15, y dont u b1tch about THAT too.

birdy

Thanks, I think they are pretty cool, they think I am a pain in the butt (even at 1yr old parents are a drag).

chandler4

They think that YOU are a pain? Then just dont feed them or change their diapers. THEN theyll see hoos a pain.!!! LOL.

badkharma

Like someone else mentioned on the first page, there is no such thing as "wasted" water - just places that are more deprived than others because of natural weather. Ethiopia would still be needy for water no matter how much water the developed nations "wasted". ALL water ends up in the same system - it's called EARTH. It's an endless cycle. If anything, using more water helps replace it back to the source to get more through the cycle. The only bad side is the water bill...
So, before you come up with an attack/opposing comment - what are YOU as a person doing about it other than whining?? There are organizations to contribute to that help feed the hungry. I think it's well worth $20/month to help a child or two in need - even if 90% of that just goes to the costs in getting the food there. The fact is, the food gets there with support. Is more support needed? Definitely. Do I think that developed, blessed nations should help? Yes, in my opinion. Will running my RO/DI unit and "wasting" 40 gallons of water to make 5 change anything? Other than my water bill, no. It'll all go back to the same place eventually, and end up back into my tap.

flatzboy

I have been watering my lawn every day of the week in honor of you being so upset about wasteing water and i've been taking a 10 minute longer shower each day I've been reading this post.

mujtba

awesome guys!!!! :hilarious
yo try this out..
open the HOT water all the way till u have no more hot water... THEN measure the time it will take to reheat the tank to get hot water again...
repeat the above steps 5 times till you get an average..
then u will know how long it takes to make your water hot!!!
Everyone post your averages so we can compare!!!
holllaaaaaa

nudibranch

I really hate to get involved in this one but I was just thinking...
Wasted water is pretty much going to be disposed of in two places (conservation methods aside and even still eventuallyto two places), down a drain or outside. Down a drain SHOULD lead to a treatment facility were it will be sent right back through the tap again. Outside, it'd get recycled though plant/animal/environment use or evaporation, where it is getting put back into the earth's water system.
Lastly, where do you live that restaurants can't offer pitchers of water to their customers durring a drought? I've never heard of anywhere restricting water for drinking durring a drought. I live in AZ (aka the Desert) where it is technically illegal to deny any person a glass of water. Never once has there been a ban on offering a table a pitcher of water unless they request it. As well as we are constantly watering our golf courses, palm trees, lawns and filling pools. I'm not trying to start anything, just curious where they place that type of (IMO) ridiculous restrictions.