U.S. reports sixth helicopter downing in Iraq

watson3

Reports of the January 31 incident, in which no one was killed, come a day after seven crew members and passengers aboard a U.S. Marine helicopter were killed when it crashed near Baghdad, possibly after being hit by ground fire
I am hoping to see all the names of the same people who were mourning Anna Nichole Smith and had the nerve to say that some people were in the wrong not to

watson3

A sad place when someone is criticized for not paying homage to Anna Nichole, but no resonses on this situation...Point made..

lion_crazz

I will respond because I fully support our troops. My heart is with each and every person over there, and I make it a point to pray for them daily.
Watson, please do not restart previous arguments. You posted this thread at 9 in the morning, and gave it two hours to criticize about no responses being made. I am sure there are thousands of people on here that support and care about the military just as much, if not more, than you do. Barry, our moderator known as hot883, was in the military for 20 years, and is always talking about his respect for our men and women in the armed forces. Perhaps people just did not see the post yet.

watson3

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
I will respond because I fully support our troops. My heart is with each and every person over there, and I make it a point to pray for them daily.
Watson, please do not restart previous arguments. You posted this thread at 9 in the morning, and gave it two hours to criticize about no responses being made. I am sure there are thousands of people on here that support and care about the military just as much, if not more, than you do. Barry, our moderator known as hot883, was in the military for 20 years, and is always talking about his respect for our men and women in the armed forces. Perhaps people just did not see the post yet.
Agreed..Just want to get the point out there that the Anna thread yesterday brought heat to the people that did not reply sympathetically...I will continue to bump this thread throughout the day...Please read more of my posts before criticizing my actions in this one..

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by watson3
Agreed..Just want to get the point out there that the Anna thread yesterday brought heat to the people that did not reply sympathetically...I will continue to bump this thread throughout the day...Please read more of my posts before criticizing my actions in this one..
This is not a discussion. If you criticize others or start a fight in this thread, the thread is being closed. Just like in the Anna Nicole Smith thread, once personal attacks begin to get thrown around and criticism of members begin, the thread is closed. People can respond to whatever they want and will not be criticized for not responding to something that you personally deem important.

watson3

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
This is not a discussion. If you criticize others or start a fight in this thread, the thread is being closed. People can respond to whatever they want and will not be criticized for not responding to something that you personally deem important.
1..Read the Anna thread before you reply
2..I will repost this at around 1430 today..
Do with it what you will

lion_crazz

I have read the thread. People were criticized for not caring about her death, arguments began, ridicule followed, and the thread was closed. The same will happen here if the thread goes that direction.

miaheatlvr

1..Read the Anna thread before you reply
2..I will repost this at around 1430 today..
Do with it what you will
Unfortunately for you Watson, this forum is a private entity and not a public forum. Your first ammendment rights do not apply here in this PRIVATE forum, it is heavily watched and monitored for content. It is not a democracy. I too have experienced censorship here, sometimes for no apparent reason. The bottom line is if they dont like what you have to say, no matter what your tone is or content, they either delete it or lock the thread. So you have to either live with that or find another forum to express your feelings.. end of story.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
....... I too have experienced censorship here, sometimes for no apparent reason. The bottom line is if they dont like what you have to say, no matter what your tone is or content, they either delete it or lock the thread. So you have to either live with that or find another forum to express you feelings.. end of story.
That's not exactly accurate. There are many posts that I don't "like" or agree with, but we don't lock for that.
If a thread gets locked and you see no reason why there is a good chance posts were deleted from the thread and we locked it to prevent further outbreaks.
Unfortunately that sometimes leads folks to question why a thread was locked as they can't see what all went on.

windmill

Well put Heatlvr.
I am hoping to see all the names of the same people who were mourning Anna Nichole Smith and had the nerve to say that some people were in the wrong not to
I see your point insomuch that some people are sad about some immoral celebrity kicking the can vs. citizens of America not being sad our troops that are fighting for freedom are getting killed. But your approach is crude and your intent is ill.

lion_crazz

Yep, posts are deleted and locked because they are offensive. There is plenty of stuff that I do not like here, but I cannot do anything about them because there are not in violation with the sites rules and regulations. When they turn offensive, derogatory to other members, hateful, moderators have the power to delete them because they conflict with the sites' terms and conditions.

watson3

Originally Posted by windmill
But your approach is crude and your intent is ill.
But it made you think...

jmick

One of the worst parts about our culture is that we worship celebrities and eat up every bit we can get. I can only imagine how many other people died yesterday or the past week who actually made a difference in the world and their passing was not noted but we have Anna who didn't do a thing other then be a buxom blonde who married a rich old man and our media has to shove it down our throats.

watson3

Originally Posted by Jmick
One of the worst parts about our culture is that we worship celebrities and eat up every bit we can get. I can only imagine how many other people died yesterday or the past week who actually made a difference in the world and their passing was not noted but we have Anna who didn't do a thing other then be a buxom blonde who married a rich old man and our media has to shove it down our throats.
Thank You..That is all we needed to establish..

emmitt2

I agree with you 100% watson3

As far as lion crazz's comments about starting fights or criticizing others, that seems to be the new trend of hypocrisy among the "new" moderators.
About 2 months ago Lion crazz HIMSELF started a thread calling Michael Irvin a crackhead loser less than a week after there was a huge argument in another thread regarding comments like that about Irvin. Big surprise, Lion crazzs thread had to be closed and deleted within about a day. Lion Crazz knew it would start a fight since we just had a fight about it but didnt care. He wanted to get out his hatred for his supposed team and didnt care if it started a fight or not.

watson3

Originally Posted by emmitt2
I agree with you 100% watson3

As far as lion crazz's comments about starting fights or criticizing others, that seems to be the new trend of hypocrisy among the "new" moderators.
The only thing I want to start is people thinking..(Does not get more mod firendly than that)

miaheatlvr

Lion and 1 Journey, Ohpiura, Bang are pretty "fair and tolerant" As far as im concerned. I dont care much for BETH, Viper. They are to quick too judge and not open to discussion. They have napoleon complex, or kind of like a customs officer, they give you a hard time because of insecurity or just because they can.

bronco300

if you are referring to me as well- my comments in the other thread had nothing to do with her being a celebrity, i dont know much about her or care......its just the mere fact that she is a person, and although other people may love her because of her being a celebrity (which shouldnt really be why), t here are still those that are just sad because of the loss...it goes the same way with the soldiers in iraq...or the people a city over from me...they're all people and deserve at least the respect of letting someone mourn over it if needed....thats all my point was in the other thread...and i would hope the same people would have the decency let those mourn here as well....i'm not saying you have to mourn her death, just be respectful is all for those who want to...and the same would go to anyone in this thread.

payton 350

Reports of the January 31 incident, in which no one was killed, come a day after seven crew members and passengers aboard a U.S. Marine helicopter were killed when it crashed near Baghdad, possibly after being hit by ground fire

My sympathies go out to all the friends and family of the crew... They were true heroes and my family and I truly thank them from the bottom of my heart.

hot883

What is really sad is 18 posts and 99% was about the A. N.Smith thread and not this original focus on downed helicopters. Just sickning. I too mourn the loss of anyone especially our service men and women. Barry