Ufc 100

going to be a great card. i hope bisping gets knock out in 1st round. lesnar is all show. i dont think he has much talent, but then agian hes the champion. GSP looks great , a little cocky, but one heck of a fighter.
el guapo , i been thinking about taking some bbj class. just want to get some advice before going in there, what am i lookign at in gear alone, couple hundred?? any other type of mma that you would suggest doing first before jumping in to bjj??? you seem to know your stuff.

aw2x3

I'm looking forward to the meeting of Lesnar and Mir, again.
I was very, very disapointed in the fight between Lesnar and Coture.
For weeks, before that fight, I said that if Corture lasted through the first round, he was gonna take it. He landed more hits than Lesnar, had a better presentation than Lesnar and even when Lesnar had him down, Coture was still conscious and defending himself, yet they called the fight.
I was so mad!
EDIT: I'm watching a Spike special, now. They're reliving the Mir/Lesnar fight and Lesnar is just a *****. Saying Mir is weak, saying he gave Mir the win (with the leg lock), saying he doesn't respect anyone and that he's better than everyone else. I hope he gets beat, by Mir, again.

el guapo

Originally Posted by goober_hunter
http:///forum/post/3079882
going to be a great card. i hope bisping gets knock out in 1st round. lesnar is all show. i dont think he has much talent, but then agian hes the champion. GSP looks great , a little cocky, but one heck of a fighter.
el guapo , i been thinking about taking some bbj class. just want to get some advice before going in there, what am i lookign at in gear alone, couple hundred?? any other type of mma that you would suggest doing first before jumping in to bjj??? you seem to know your stuff.

The gym should offer you a deal on your Gi . If your talking just BJJ classes then that's all you should need to start out with . Well that and a Protective cup and mouth guard . A gym gi should be anywhere between 80-100 dollars . protective cup can cost from 15 dollars at wally world to a solid Mhuy thai cup costing close to 45-50. You can buy high dollar mouth guards but they are going to work just as good as the Wally world one . For BJJ I would just get a "single" it goes over the top teeth . I bought a double which molds around both top and bottom and I used it maybe twice before I bought a single . The double is good for kickboxing . You can buy a brand name Gi such as Koral, Gameness,Vulkan .... the list goes on . But to begin with a "gym gi" should do fine . I wash mine 3-4 times a week going on 6 months now and its still holding up fine .
I honestly think BJJ is a great place to start down the MMA road . I look at it as its better to have a solid ground game and a mediocre stand up than solid stand up and no ground game . Simply because from a stand up you can take an opponent down and keep them there . If they take you down and you have good ground game you can get it back to the feet .
You can check around and find a gym that will offer both BJJ and Kick boxing , Later on as you progress you will be allowed to enter into "MMA" style classes .

el guapo

Originally Posted by AW2x3
http:///forum/post/3079890
I'm looking forward to the meeting of Lesnar and Mir, again.
I was very, very disapointed in the fight between Lesnar and Coture.
For weeks, before that fight, I said that if Corture lasted through the first round, he was gonna take it. He landed more hits than Lesnar, had a better presentation than Lesnar and even when Lesnar had him down, Coture was still conscious and defending himself, yet they called the fight.
I was so mad!
EDIT: I'm watching a Spike special, now. They're reliving the Mir/Lesnar fight and Lesnar is just a *****. Saying Mir is weak, saying he gave Mir the win (with the leg lock), saying he doesn't respect anyone and that he's better than everyone else. I hope he gets beat, by Mir, again.

I have rolled with guys that are about the same size difference as most fighters compared to Lesnar and that extra weight is tough to overcome . I walk around at about 180 and I roll with some guys that are around 220-225 and you have to really outwork and out finesse them just to keep it moving . Most of the time they just grind it out until your tired from fighting off the weight difference .

aw2x3

Oh no, I completely agree with the weight difference. Lesnar had at least 40lb - 60lb on Coture, if not more. What pissed me off was that when you get down to the nitty gritty of ground and pound, no matter who's facing who, they stop the fight when someone is out enough to stop defending themselves. That's straight, by the book, UFC procedure.
There was never a time, when Coture was on the ground, that he wasn't coherant enough to be defending himself. Yet, they called the fight. Coture landed hits that normally would've dropped even the toughest competitors...yet, they only stunned Lesnar. As as an athlete and as a fighter, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Lesnar. As a human being, I wouldn't piss on his teeth, if his gums were on fire, because he's a "I'm the king of the world" dirtbag.
I honestly just think it was because Lesnar was so big and everyone had such a high expectations for him...everyone, EVERYONE, talked nothing about his "big ham hock" of a right hand and his hammer fists, blah blah blah. I think it was a promotional thing, where they wanted some giant being the heavy weight champion and called the fight too soon.
If Coture would've laid there, on the mat and taken a beating, until he was unonscious and not defending himself, then I would've had no problem with saying, straight out, that Lesnar deserved to win that fight. But alas, that wasn't the case.
UFC 100 is coming back, with Lesnar defending his "belt" and Mir, coming to try and take it back. Frank Mir has come a long way. How many doctors told him he'd never fight again and he's proved them all wrong, to the point where he's barely lost a fight. Do I think Mir is gonna knock Lesnar out?...no, I don't. Do I hope he comes back and stands up to Lesnar, takes a beating and still taps Lesnar out?...you bet your ass I do. And I'll be the first that jumps up and starts screaming, when I see Lesnar on the ground, wincing in pain, as Mir submits him.

el guapo

Originally Posted by AW2x3
http:///forum/post/3080189
Oh no, I completely agree with the weight difference. Lesnar had at least 40lb - 60lb on Coture, if not more. What pissed me off was that when you get down to the nitty gritty of ground and pound, no matter who's facing who, they stop the fight when someone is out enough to stop defending themselves. That's straight, by the book, UFC procedure.
There was never a time, when Coture was on the ground, that he wasn't coherant enough to be defending himself. Yet, they called the fight. Coture landed hits that normally would've dropped even the toughest competitors...yet, they only stunned Lesnar. As as an athlete and as a fighter, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Lesnar. As a human being, I wouldn't piss on his teeth, if his gums were on fire, because he's a "I'm the king of the world" dirtbag.
I honestly just think it was because Lesnar was so big and everyone had such a high expectations for him...everyone, EVERYONE, talked nothing about his "big ham hock" of a right hand and his hammer fists, blah blah blah. I think it was a promotional thing, where they wanted some giant being the heavy weight champion and called the fight too soon.
If Coture would've laid there, on the mat and taken a beating, until he was unonscious and not defending himself, then I would've had no problem with saying, straight out, that Lesnar deserved to win that fight. But alas, that wasn't the case.
UFC 100 is coming back, with Lesnar defending his "belt" and Mir, coming to try and take it back. Frank Mir has come a long way. How many doctors told him he'd never fight again and he's proved them all wrong, to the point where he's barely lost a fight. Do I think Mir is gonna knock Lesnar out?...no, I don't. Do I hope he comes back and stands up to Lesnar, takes a beating and still taps Lesnar out?...you bet your ass I do. And I'll be the first that jumps up and starts screaming, when I see Lesnar on the ground, wincing in pain, as Mir submits him.
Wow I couldn't agree with this more . You hit the nail on the head . I just hope we get to see a fight and not a Tysonesque one sided beat down . When Lesnar fought Herring I actually got up and walked away half way through the fight I was so mad . That wasn't a fight it was I'm going to punch you once and then lay on you and be annoying for 3 rounds . Same with Corture . Corture was winning until that right hand hit him and he went to the mat . Then here come the Donkey kong punches . I think it would be absolutle poetic justice if Mir were to score a KO and show the world a new side of Lesnar .

el guapo

Once you jump into kick boxing/ MMA things start to get pricey .
Head gear 65-120
Gloves 40-200
Shin Pads 50-100
MMA training gloves 60-100
Good fight shorts 45- 65
So thats when it can get pricey . IF you shop around you can find good deal on stuff . Name brand doesn't always mean the best equipment .

deejeff442

i dont really follow this stuff but i do watch the greatest hits when i scroll through the channels when its on.
it really is alot more entertaining than how boxing is these days.
at least the refs have these guys earn thier keeps.
i used to watch boxing alot and order the pay per veiws but i couldnt even tell you who the heavyweight champ is now.
you do remember butterbean dont you?
also who was that f'ing huge black dude he was around 300 lbs and ripped but could only fight for 30 seconds before he got tired then got hit rear whooped?
i know these guys were before the ufc was around or maybe before it was as popular as it is now.
when is the venue?i have a friend that orders all this stuff and watches it.
maybe i will call him and check it out.
whats with these fake wrestlers thinking they can come in and whoop up on these guys?

el guapo

Butter Bean didn't last long . None of the Over weight brawlers did .
The fight is this Saturday in Las Vegas . Its the pinical of a weekend of events that also include the UFC fan Expo as well as The Grapplers Quest Tournament .
I will just say this about the fake wrestlers . Lesnar is the UFC heavy weight champ point blank and come Saturday night we will see how legit that is . Bobby Lashley who is a former WWE/ECW superstar trains here in Denver with the T'sKo pro team . He is no slouch and has real skills .I have personally seen his MMA training.

hlcroghan

I couldn't agree more about the Lesnar/Mir fight. I think Lesnar is a freaking imbecile whos only advantage is his weight and strength. I hope Mir breaks his dam-n femur.....ahem, as you can see, he irritates me..lol.

Plus, someday Mir will be my husband....God I love that man. Really hawt and talented...

Just have to get past that wife and 3 other children thing is all...LOL

el guapo

So I'll just make my picks . Here is the card as it stands with only a few hours left .
UFC 100 Weigh-in Results:
Brock Lesnar (265) vs. Frank Mir (245)
Georges St. Pierre (170) vs. Thiago Alves (170)
Jon Fitch (170) vs. Paulo Thiago (170)
Dan Henderson (185) vs. Michael Bisping (186)
Yoshihiro Akiyama (185) vs. Alan Belcher (186)
Mark Coleman (205) vs. Stephan Bonnar (205)
Mac Danzig (154) vs. Jim Miller (155)
Jon Jones (206) vs. Jake O'Brien (206)
Dong Hyun Kim (171) vs. T.J. Grant (170)
CB Dollaway (186) vs. Tom Lawlor (184)
Matt Grice (155) vs. Shannon Gugerty (156)
Mir via submission. After looking at the photos I see Lesnar has leaned out a bit and is not so beastly . Mir has also put on some size and it's not fat .
Gsp via TKO stoppage due to strikes .
Dan Henderson Via T/KO Bisping is gonna get mauled .
Jon Fitch via Decision . This guy is a machine .
Then I am gonna take Yoshihiro"sexyama" Akiyama with a split decision .
I think Bonner is going to wreck Coleman . Coleman just doesn't have it in him anymore . He has the heart to fight just not the ability to win . Bonner by TKO
Mac Danzig is a tought little sucker and I think he is going to put on quiet a show for the under card. Danzig by decision
Jon Jones is an animal and I have no clue why he has been pushed onto the under card . He is one of the hottest up and coming fighters in the UFC . I see a KO here.
Kim is a little stud and I see him winning this with merceless takedowns and throws . Decision Kim.
C.B Dollaway is a good fighter but is also a little too cocky . I see this ending with Lawlor winning .
I'm just on the fence with Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty , its a tough call that I'm not going to make . I haven't seen enough of either fighter to really make a choice .

aw2x3

Now I'm just irritated...I've been so excited about this fight and now I'm not even gonna get to watch it!!!