Umg What Happen o_o?

burrito

My brain coral just opened like crazy i think but i dont think it opening any ideas guys? and btw what should i feed it o_O and it look like it bleching

Im starting to think it a bubble coral o.o
Edit: and it was night time here 9:16AM i turned on the lights and see this o-o

flower

I thought a brain coral was an LPS not SPS.

Anyway, it's bleached but it looks open to me.

burrito

what type of coral is this gimme the full name idk what it eat and lighting and how much gph it take....

2quills

It looks like some type of open brain coral...It is an LPS, maybe either Wellsophyllia or Trachyphillia. Why did you purchase it if you don't know what it is or what it ate?
You need to check all of your water peramiters, temp, salinity, what type of lighting do you have? Report this information back here when you figure it out.
They are photosynthetic creatures which also feed on meaty items like shrimp. What else do you feed your tank?

burrito

Cocktail Shrimp , Brine Shrimp , Flake , and Pellet
i dont have a test kit :/ getting on on chrismas my temp is 73-79 and my salinity is 1.024 . / 25 Watts Coralife (6000k T-8 Blub , 38 Inch (3 Feet And 2 Inch) for lighting
i did brought it it came with the live rock

2quills

You're lighting is not enough. The coral is not going to survive in your tank. You need to keep a stable temperature in the tank. Do you have a heater? I doubt that coral came with the live rock. Test kits are a must, at the very least you should have the basic saltwer kit. How are you testing your salinity?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott T http:///forum/thread/382381/umg-what-happen-o-o#post_3336909
-SHAKES HEAD-

The perfect response.
In the end Burrito said he didn't buy it, it came on a live rock.
What I don't understand is...I have seen fulltank shots of this tank or at least what he claimed was his "fathers" tank. It couldn't have gotten that far without a test kit. There is something that just sits uneasy with this person. Sometimes I think he is just young, and other times I think he is a troll. I could be wrong but now I think he has developed another personality called Blu-something...who can halfway spell and make sense.

burrito

@2Quill how much lighting do i need?
and yes that is a stable temaperature and i do have a heater
AND I SAY im going to buy the test kit for chrismas ..... -_-....
i tesy my salt was the Red Sea Sality Checker thingy

gemmy

How in the world is a 6 degree temp swing stable? This is very detrimental to the health of ALL the tank's inhabitants.

gemmy

You realize that is worse right? That is an 8 degree temp swing. The livestock we keep needs STABILITY.

scott t

-SHAKES HEAD- Again and again and again!! There are just some people on this earth that should not even be able to care for a pet rock!!!