Update Pics of my 54G Reef Tank

aldog51

I had it up and running for about a year now and just installed an above tank Refugium about 2 weeks ago and fully converted over to reef. The fuge is amazing keeps all levels at 0PPM. I have a better skimmer coming in on Wednesday of next week because that cheap counter current one cannot keep up. I got a Prizm skimmer would should do a much better job.

neowind

Heres a picture of mine. This is before I put the SPS and Torch though, well before I put allot of stuff in. I am having major Hair Algae problems right now but I can maybe get a decent shot of it now.

aldog51

Nice!! I like the blue color the LFS I got my setup from made it black.. I did not know I had an option. Oh well! Plus some of my space gets wasted because of the built in wet/dry.. I was not going reef in the begining so that is why it was made that way.

aldog51

I see you have your tank near the window. Maybe the sun light is contributing to the algae blooms also want to check your phospate levels. D you have a Fuge?? The macro algae like Caulerpa will lower most of the unwated levels in your tank. It is sure working for me right now.

neowind

Heres what it looks like right now. I got some major work to do. I just added some Caulerpa last night so hopefully it will help.

aldog51

HOLLLYYYYY S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats bad. You should think about getting a refugium I am telling you it works wonders. And put a darker blind on that window maybe wooden blinds so light won't creep in.