Upgrades??

meowzer

YAY for upgrades

Just out of curiosity...when the upgrades are done are you going to post a thread detailing what has been done? (and how to use it) LOL

meowzer

OK...I NEED TO KNOW...SWF....How do you know if you receive a message? Do you have to keep going to your profile to check?????

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the upgrade didn't go quite as smoothly as we had planned. We upgraded today from 3.6 to the 3.8 version of vBulletin. We were going to go to 4.0 but had to wait until we install some new additional software.
4.0 might wait until early January.
If you are experiencing any unusual errors, feel free to post them here and we'll look into it.
Happy Holidays.
Scott

meowzer

No weird messages..but 2 small suggestions
1. a way to be notified when you get a message in your profile (like we can do with p.m.'s)
2. a way to be notified when you have a friend request

scsinet

Keep in mind that SWF.com uses off-the-shelf software for these bulletin boards, so the features are more-or-less fixed.
I don't want to speak for Scott and say whether or not to submit feature requests, but just keep it in mind.

meowzer

Originally Posted by SCSInet
http:///forum/post/3195222
Keep in mind that SWF.com uses off-the-shelf software for these bulletin boards, so the features are more-or-less fixed.
I don't want to speak for Scott and say whether or not to submit feature requests, but just keep it in mind.
OKAY...
I just thought I'd add a few suggestions....if they can be done great
if not....oh well...Not like I'm going anywhere

meowzer

Can you tell me how to look at a person's profile and see their equipment and stuff????
Use to just click on their names...I can't seem to find it anymore...