Very sad day

anonome

My beloved coral beauty died today. I bought this fish online late 2000. It has been through 2 tank moves, 55g to a 125g, and 1 entire tank move (when I moved to a different home). I don't think I have been so upset over loosing a fish as much as this one. RIP..........

btldreef

Originally Posted by Anonome
http:///forum/post/3168317
My beloved coral beauty died today. I bought this fish online late 2000. It has been through 2 tank moves, 55g to a 125g, and 1 entire tank move (when I moved to a different home). I don't think I have been so upset over loosing a fish as much as this one. RIP..........
Sorry for your loss.
I went through a phase where I was wishing death upon my Coral Beauty because she developed a taste for $50 fish

lietz06

I lost a coral beauty as well. I was pretty down on it...but I would have been wayyyy more down if I had had it for like NINE YEARS....I'm so sorry for you're loss!

drtito

Any time you have a fish for a long time it hurts when they pass.
Lost my sailfin tang of 6 years and have not gotten another since.

anonome

Thanks all. I did a google search on longevity of coral beauties and they said that 7-8 years is max, so I guess I did good considering I don't really know how old it was when it was caught. Now it has me wondering about my other fish, most have been with me at least 6 yrs, some longer. I can at least say that they have all lived a very happy life and I have enjoyed them tremendously. Still stinks.

I don't think I will get another one, this one was absolutely a model citizen with all the coral I have added over the years. I can't be sure that another one will do the same.
What really disturbed me was that my clownfish (cinnamon) can live for 10 years or longer. 7 yrs, and counting. This fish has been my nemesis from day one. I can't put my hand in the tank without it attacking me....go figure, a nasty fish will out live all the good fish.

btldreef

Originally Posted by Anonome
http:///forum/post/3168834
Thanks all. I did a google search on longevity of coral beauties and they said that 7-8 years is max, so I guess I did good considering I don't really know how old it was when it was caught. Now it has me wondering about my other fish, most have been with me at least 6 yrs, some longer. I can at least say that they have all lived a very happy life and I have enjoyed them tremendously. Still stinks.

I don't think I will get another one, this one was absolutely a model citizen with all the coral I have added over the years. I can't be sure that another one will do the same.
What really disturbed me was that my clownfish (cinnamon) can live for 10 years or longer. 7 yrs, and counting. This fish has been my nemesis from day one. I can't put my hand in the tank without it attacking me....go figure, a nasty fish will out live all the good fish.

My clownfish is the same way! I had to have one and now I regret it every time I put my hand in the tank.... If you lived closer I'd give you my coral beauty, she doesn't touch coral. She beat up a lot of my fish in the very beginning and I hated her for it, but she's fine now.