Very weird creatures in tank, what could it be?

vpotts28

Yesterday I completed my biweekly 20% wc, and was observing the tank. On the side glass I noticed a few (at least 25 that I could count) creatures that were barely visible to the

[hr]
eye streaming up and down the side of the glass. They are white or translucent. Obviously I cannot take a picture, because I would need the hubble telescope. They are extremely fast movers, and it appears the rear "tail" moves rapidly to transport them. I will include a picture that is blown up about 100x their actual size, what could it be? Now I know I had nassarius snail eggs on the glass two weeks ago, is it possibly baby snails? Now I know I will get some goofs on the drawing, but it is the best I can do, this is the best they can be described.

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by Vpotts28
Yesterday I completed my biweekly 20% wc, and was observing the tank. On the side glass I noticed a few (at least 25 that I could count) creatures that were barely visible to the

[hr]
eye streaming up and down the side of the glass. They are white or translucent. Obviously I cannot take a picture, because I would need the hubble telescope. They are extremely fast movers, and it appears the rear "tail" moves rapidly to transport them. I will include a picture that is blown up about 100x their actual size, what could it be? Now I know I had nassarius snail eggs on the glass two weeks ago, is it possibly baby snails? Now I know I will get some goofs on the drawing, but it is the best I can do, this is the best they can be described.

Some type of "POD" Beneficial Saltwater Incects, Signs of a maturing tank. Detruis eaters.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
could be baby stomatella or flat worms. hard to say.

Am I going to have to rid the tank of these once I can identify? I don't have any fish in the tank as of yet, and am sure they would be a good snack if I did.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
Some type of "POD" Beneficial Saltwater Incects, Signs of a maturing tank. Detruis eaters.

Well I guess that is a good sign. Although I lost a scarlet hermit last night

reefkprz

Do a search for Pods on this site you may see your critter there. it could easily be them. like I said originally its hard to say.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
Do a search for Pods on this site you may see your critter there. it could easily be them. like I said originally its hard to say.

Looks like a isopod or a copepod. According to bang guys posts in the past it seems like most of these are parasites but are generally harmless, but there are a few that can be really bad, but maybe a couple cleaner shrimp may rid me of these?

reefkprz

my bet would be on copepodes, I'm not sure what would prey on isopods though. Maybe bang guy knows. I've never had to deal with them and I dont know a whole lot about them.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Copepods.

Speak of the devil. Bang what could consume these? I don't have any fish in the tank right now, the qt tank is cycling (almost done), and then it will be at least three more weeks after that. TIA

vpotts28

Then my second question would be, do these have a brown casing that they would discard when they hatch? Somedays I will come home and see these brown casings floating at the top of the water. Sorry to the person I stole the following pictures from, but this is what they are:

miaheatlvr

Then my second question would be, do these have a brown casing that they would discard when they hatch? Somedays I will come home and see these brown casings floating at the top of the water. Sorry to the person I stole the following pictures from, but this is what they are:
That is something completely different than, and definately not PODS,, these seem like they come from the LAND, not sea,, like moth or some type of fly casing..

vpotts28

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
That is something completely different than, and definately not PODS,, these seem like they come from the LAND, not sea,, like moth or some type of fly casing..
Actually when I received my live rock and was cleaning them, about 100 of these were floating in the tub. I know they are coming from the rock.

threed240

I get these in my sump just above the water line from time to time. I am curiouse what they are too?

i have these popping up allt he time. i just leave them in the tank hoping something cool will hatch. the come and they go, i still dont know what the are. :notsure:

big-fish

i do not know if this means any thing, but some times wheni open up my brine shrimp pack, i see dead fly like things in it