Vick Enters A Plea...

darthtang aw

"did their punishment deteur you from the crimes they commited???"
Punishment should not deter you from crime, punishment is just that, a punishment. What deters you from crimes is morals.
Back to Vick, he will never play in the NFL again. End of story...Look at pete rose...and he just gambled, he didn't kill/harm anything. If Vick is back in the NFL in my lifetime I will stop watching the NFL.

ruaround

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
"did their punishment deteur you from the crimes they commited???"
i was asking because of the "two parts to punishment" he stated...
Punishment should not deter you from crime, punishment is just that, a punishment. What deters you from crimes is morals.
agreed...

Back to Vick, he will never play in the NFL again. End of story...Look at pete rose...and he just gambled, he didn't kill/harm anything. If Vick is back in the NFL in my lifetime I will stop watching the NFL.
Rose bet on his own sport though... he lied about it for years... then got a case of morals... gambling is the one of the worst things a pro athelete, coach or official can do... up until the NFL got a new commish ALOT of athletes off the feld antics went unpunished... Michael Pittman has been arrested 3 times for domestic violence and spousal abuse... he is still playing in the NFL...

crimzy

"Back to Vick, he will never play in the NFL again. End of story...Look at pete rose...and he just gambled, he didn't kill/harm anything. If Vick is back in the NFL in my lifetime I will stop watching the NFL.
This is a bold statement. I think Michael Vick could slaughter a school full of handicapped children and I'd still watch the NFL.
But the gambling thing is not on par with Pete Rose. He bet on his own team in baseball games. Vick has gambled on an unethical practice, which is unrelated to football. There are tons of athletes who gamble (ie. Michael Jordan, Isaiah Thomas, Charles Barkley, Rick Tocchet, etc.). The line is generally drawn where the athlete bets on his own sport.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by crimzy
This is a bold statement. I think Michael Vick could slaughter a school full of handicapped children and I'd still watch the NFL.
But the gambling thing is not on par with Pete Rose. He bet on his own team in baseball games. Vick has gambled on an unethical practice, which is unrelated to football. There are tons of athletes who gamble (ie. Michael Jordan, Isaiah Thomas, Charles Barkley, Rick Tocchet, etc.). The line is generally drawn where the athlete bets on his own sport.
True, but the slaughtering and harming of animals for profit will be looked upon far worse than betting on your own sport once history has it's say on this.
Maybe I was a bit rash about saying I would never watch the NFL again, I just will never watch or buy anything from any team that signs him...even if it is my team.

digitydash

Originally Posted by digitydash
they got off easy but lindsay will not get off easy the next court case she going to have.
I guess I will eat some crow on this since I seen this on the news a minute aago
Looks like Linsey will get off the la distric attorney is going to drop the 3 felony's and charge her with misdimetor dui.LA county court system suck it is for the movie stars their.Vick should of lived in LA

maxalmon

Somebody sent the image to me.. I work with several rescue/animal rights groups and the image has been emailed around.

mimzy

why, when you are so beloved and skilled and successful, would you risk everything you have by doing something so pointless and illegal? This is really a testament to his personality - dogfighting does not make nearly as much money as the huge salary he gets, he couldn't possibly be in it just for the dough. It speaks volumes about this man's values. There is something seriously warped about a person who can be so cruel.
I sincerely hope they throw the book at him... but I wouldn't be suprised if he just gets off w/ a slap on the wrist.

ruaround

Originally Posted by Mimzy
why, when you are so beloved and skilled and successful, would you risk everything you have by doing something so pointless and illegal? This is really a testament to his personality - dogfighting does not make nearly as much money as the huge salary he gets, he couldn't possibly be in it just for the dough. It speaks volumes about this man's values. There is something seriously warped about a person who can be so cruel.
I sincerely hope they throw the book at him... but I wouldn't be suprised if he just gets off w/ a slap on the wrist.
put people on a pedastel they think they are untouchable and above everything and everyone...

seasalt101

Originally Posted by ruaround
put people on a pedastel they think they are untouchable and above everything and everyone...
yep nicole ritchie and her 82 minutes of hard time should cement that statement

jovial

Originally Posted by Mimzy
Good point, his buddies have been trying to justify his actions by compairing his cruelty to someone who hunts. All that money and still nothing more than a common thug.

mimzy

ohigawd, the hunting community will be outraged. And rightly so. Hunters are some of the biggest conservationists I've ever met. Besides - think about it... would you rather eat an animal that's been forced to live its life in a tiny cage, being pumped full of injectables, force fed the remains of its kin, constantly aware of the fearful screaming coming from its compatriots who are being led off to the slaughter, or an animal that's been roaming the countryside, living a happy animal life, and dies without anticipating it with years of terror and torment??
I'm not saying ALL hunters are benevolent - but NO dogfighter is.

ruaround

Originally Posted by NVMYCJ
A little off the topic, but why is he called "Ron Mexico?"
he used that alias to cover up his real name so that he could get tested for various STDs...

texasmetal

There aren't enough bad things that can be said about this guy.
I hope they make an example out of him. Whatever amount of time he serves will be too little. The same goes for anyone with this mindset.
He is a role model for children, an influence on every fan. He should serve as the poster child for what happens when you do terrible things.
I find it disgusting that any person with access to a major media outlet defends him in the least.
Here's another fact, most serial killers and mass murderers have a history of torturing and killing animals.

[hr]
him. I hope they stick him in the cell with "Bubba" the man rapist.