WaRgAsM's 28 Gal LED JBJ Nano Thread

wargasm

Ok I decided to start a new thread to Monitor the progress of the tank. I will start out with the equipment:
28 Gallon JBJ LED 89 Watt Tank:
Equipment:
Wavemaker
2 Accella Return Pumps
1 Koralia Nano Power Head
LR/Sand
38 lbs of LR (Fiji, Elkhorn)
20 lbs of LS
Livestock:
None yet
Corals:
Frogspawn
Candy Cane
Xenia
Duncan
Brown Button Polyps
Brown Star Polyps
Kenya Tree
Unidentified SPS

slice

Looking good! Nice colors! I like the rockwork. Are there tunnels and caves for fish to roam through? It looks like there is.
That outlet does not look like it is a GFCI type. Strongly consider changing that very soon.

wargasm

There are some tunnels etc for the fish to swim through and it is actually pretty cool. What exactly is a GFCI outlet?

wargasm

Are you talking about the electrical outlet? If so it is on base and I am not allowed to change that stuff. I have all of my stuff plugged into surge protectors under the cabinet.

slice

Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter. It trips if/when a component shorts out. Search this forum for "GFCI" and read horror stories of hobbyist who did not use one.
It can save your home from fire. It can save your life. Do a search to find out more. Do it today.
Looks like

They are not hard to install, if you can install a standard outlet, this will be simple as well, and they don't cost much.

wargasm

Thanks for the advice I will look into it but I doubt that the base housing people will allow me to do it.

slice

There are also plug-in GFCI units that look like a power strip. Get one of those instead. Seriously.

Fire Departments know all about hobbyist who do not use GFCI outlets.
Base housing would not like a short in a power head starting a fire either...or you putting your hand in the tank and turning into a crispy critter...
There are 2 sayings:
Saltwater and electricity DON'T MIX
Saltwater and electricity MIXES VERY WELL

wargasm

These are my new additions. I got two black and white ocellaris clowns some mushrooms, some zoanthids and a hammer frag.

wargasm

I got the shroom rock which has 27 shromms on it for $25 I got the the hammer and zoa frags for $10 and the single blue shroom for $5. The guy was out of his mind with the Tubs blues though. He wanted $20 a polyp for those things.