WaRgAsM's 28 Gal LED JBJ Nano Thread

S

smallreef

Im here listening.. but what is is a post without PICTURES!!!
I would LOVE to see your duncan heads!

1guydude

ya this place is slowing down! Congrats on ur heads!
Where u from smallreef? Im south sound area!

S

smallreef

Im up on the kitsap peninsula, getting ready to move to northern virginia.

28galnano

any updates? just got the 28 gal advanced nano with the jbj skimmer.
would love your thoughts as to what to do now... (I know how to research, just curious what your dream "blank slate" nano reef tank would become)

wargasm

Here is the most recent pic of the tank. The JBJ Advanced is awesome and I love it. I added chaeto to the overflow and use a small light to keep it alive. I run it on opposite cycles from the main lights. I have also added several Zoa frags to my collection including: Lord of the Rings, Rastas, Bam Bams, Armor of God, Pink Zuit Suit, Tubs Blues etc. I don't have a good camera to take pics so I use my phone and it doesn't do them justice. I have also added a stylophora frag and a monti frag and everything is doing great! I have also added blue anthelia GSP and some Blastos. All of the corals are growing like crazy.

28galnano

wow, very nice. just set up my tank with live rock and sand - also have the skimmer, but keeps filling with water - any tips, since it seems a little hard to fit properly in the back.
keep the pics coming, gives me hope that I'll get there (need to figure out how to post pics)

wargasm

The top part of the skimmer slides up and down where the collection cup is. You need to raise it up a little. That should work for you! Post pics ASAP!!!

S

smallreef

Very pretty! Gorgeous corals and they all look so happy...can't wait to get mine started again!

28galnano

live rock and live sand added - about 40lbs live rock between tank and packing filter area. skimmer jammed into back, but having mixed results in adjusting it.

wargasm

Open the top of the skimmer and grab the collection cup by the center and pull up and it should slide up for you. Don't leave too much of a gap but enough to allow the water to run out. Also keep in mind that skimmers take a few days to prime. The tank is looking good!

nissan577

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///t/386953/wargasms-28-gal-led-jbj-nano-thread/40#post_3440780
The nano forum slowly died once Nissan stopped posting :-(
Awww i have been missed! <3 lol why thankyou! Really nice tank I must say. I had a jbj nano myself, i even put sps and sadly it browned out :( so i change my led. I think i have a thread let me see:
so after looking for like 30 mins nothing! no pictures! Im sorry :( but I like it a lot. I know the info might be some where here but what mods have you done?

wargasm

0 mods whatsoever! It was the JBJ 89watt LED I am keeping SPS with no problem and they are thriving!!!!