Watch out, for a watch!!!!

adairable

I have to get a birthday get for the b/f of 3 years and I want to make it good! He recently started his rotations to be a doctor and needs something professional. He has a watch my mother gave him as a gift a Christmas or two ago, but it is too trendy. You know with the thick leather band from Kenneth Cole?
It's hard though because being a student I am broke as a joke. Not to mention his best bud sports a Rolex Submariner.
So any advice on brands, places to get a deal or anything of like, please send it my way.
And if it helps I don't think I can spend more than a few hundred. Man, I'm not getting anything for my tank for a while......
P.S. The reason I want to make this gift so awesome is b/c for my last birthday he got me a biocube and got me started with this hobby!

seasalt101

Originally Posted by Adairable
I was thinking about it. But I still need to know some brands and reasonable prices....that kind of stuff
you said he got a watch a christmas or 2 back does he love this watch, if s you might want to try a different avenue, there are some real nice seikos in your price range, and you said you had a couple hundred or straight up how much to spend?

seasalt101

another way to go is go to your local mall hit all the jewelry shops, they will have your upper crust watches you can't afford a rolex but you can find some real nice pieces for your price range...tobin

adairable

Originally Posted by seasalt101
another way to go is go to your local mall hit all the jewelry shops, they will have your upper crust watches you can't afford a rolex but you can find some real nice pieces for your price range...tobin
hate malls....with the passion of a million burning suns.
plus I like to shop at work. makes me feel like I am sticking it to the "man"

adairable

Originally Posted by seasalt101
you said he got a watch a christmas or 2 back does he love this watch, if s you might want to try a different avenue, there are some real nice seikos in your price range, and you said you had a couple hundred or straight up how much to spend?
He loves the watch my mother gave him. It just isn't professional. And he spefically asked for a watch for his birthday. This is the first time he has EVER told me what he wanted. I am trying sooo hard!!!!

jerthunter

Seikos are good watches and can look professional. I like the kinetic ones, no need to worry about batteries..

adairable

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
Seikos are good watches and can look professional. I like the kinetic ones, no need to worry about batteries..
yea I was thinking about that actually

adairable

I found a kinetic one from seiko actually that I really like.
Its the Arctura. Should I post a picture? or are you guys familiar with it?

bronco300

pretty sweet lookin watch to me, whats the tag?
hmm i lied, not sure if i like it,haha, looks nice...not sure i like the layout myself

adairable

Originally Posted by Bronco300
pretty sweet lookin watch to me, whats the tag?
hmm i lied, not sure if i like it,haha, looks nice...not sure i like the layout myself
around 300-400 up to 600 depending on the site
what don't you like about the layout? I need your opinion!!!!

adairable

Originally Posted by bigarn
to many gizmos IMO .... looks like the dashboard of a car.
Yea, I can could understand that. But I don't like the real simple ones either. Any suggestions?