Watch Out Suckers

bigb

This is from a similar seller-
"This purchase could serve as a collectors item for those who like to collect video game goods. Remember, this is for the box only as a collectors item."
It was the last line in his description and not in bold like the pic. It went for $635.00

keleighr

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh someone is going to BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad!!!

schneidts

It's a dead link, but I hope you're not talking about those acan lords I bought not too long ago...

scotts

You know I thought this was a joke photoshop thing, but I looked on the site and there are 2 others selling the box ONLY. WOW!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
OMG! When you said "box only" I thought you meant the console "the box". Now I understand! OMG.
Saying that, I have seen this kind of thing before at the auction site. Someone had a tank setup up for auction there once, tank, equipment, etc for xxx amt of hundreds of dollars. Nice pics, etc. Sounded like a great deal!
Til you read the fine print and find out that all you are getting are some tapes of the guy's advanced experience in aquarium keeping.
Talk about SCAM.
If that site doesn't start cleaning up its act, it's going to fall. All it takes is one nice law suit.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by Beth
OMG! When you said "box only" I thought you meant the console "the box". Now I understand! OMG.
Saying that, I have seen this kind of thing before at the auction site. Someone had a tank setup up for auction there once, tank, equipment, etc for xxx amt of hundreds of dollars. Nice pics, etc. Sounded like a great deal!
Til you read the fine print and find out that all you are getting are some tapes of the guy's advanced experience in aquarium keeping.
Talk about SCAM.
If that site doesn't start cleaning up its act, it's going to fall. All it takes is one nice law suit.
well, they really cant sue ---- because they are only providing the meeting place. they dont write the listings or provide the products. although, they do provide fraud protection coverage.

schneidts

I just clicked on one that has a buy it now for 600.00 and it said the auction had been cancelled...maybe they're catching on.

annanymous

there is still at least one box for sale...
it says premium box + free game
and people are actualy bidding....its up to 202.50 now...holy cow

scubadoo

That aution site does not adequately police the auctions. They have offered misleading statisitcs regarding fraud and auctions such as this.
Their so-called fraud program and buyer/seller protection program is filled with procedures that must be followed and fine print. Even their payscam site paypal offers less protection then your credit card bank. Their online owned pay system is not a bank and therefore they do not have to follow banking regs.
The only entity adequately protected regarding these transactions is the auction site.

hot883

Originally Posted by BigB
Remember to read everything BEFORE you buy.
Well it does say at the bottom "Yes you are getting an empty box so don't ask". If you can't read that, you deserve to pay $600+. Ha!

keleighr

Originally Posted by Beth
Talk about SCAM.

The Law:
As long as the person who sell the item and stated Exactly What the person is getting then there can be no law suit.
This scam artist is banking that people will not catch the fine print because they are trying so hard to win the Xbox for a loved one for Xmas.

bigb

Merry f'n xmas. If you can read the last line, the guy made the box himself and claims it doesn't even look like the factory box.

keleighr

wow
just showed my husband.
i feel sorry for the poor sap who got stuck with this one.
The guy even threatens to report you if you back out fo the auctionand not pay