water additives

calvindo

hi folks,
my tank is now 4 months old. have not added any additives since starting it. all my corals looks great, except for one. i've done a 20% water change, weekly. besides that, nothing but food goes into the tank. the one coral i have that doesnt seem to bloom, like how it use too, is a hammer coral. below is todays water results
amm - 0
nitrite - 0
nitrate - 0
phosphate - .25
ph - 8.2
sal - 1.023
cal - 360
alk - ??? need a test kit
thanks in advance....:help:

cjb82

Not an expert but your Cal. appears to be low. I think your Cal. should be atleast 400.

bang guy

You really need to test your ALK if you have corals. It's the most important thing they need to grow.

nicky1.8t

i would raise your calcium o at least 400 i try to keep mine any where between 400-440
:joy: :yes: :joy: :yes: :joy:

calvindo

thanks... i got some calcium supplements today. before adding it into my tank. it tested at 340
when should i test the water again? in a day? a week?
one more question... i purchase a alkalinity salifert test kit today, but confuse on how to read it. :confused: it took 53 drops into the vial, before it change to orange. if you use the same kit, please help...
thank you

blk822

I have been told that your Iodine level also affects your corals opening....Reseach that also ...