water changes

flower

Bang guy,

Add 9 Green Chromis / clowns are not the same add 9 tangs / big Angels, like I said it before, the total weight of my 9 new fish, should be less than two 3-inches of big fish, you cannot go by the number of fish.
Hello, I don't think it's wise to go by inches of fish, or the number...what determines the fish for your tank should be the needs of each fish. Saltwater fish are territorial and they need their space, cramp them and they get evil to each other. A small juvenile may be just fine for a bit, but after it matures not so much. They fight over territory, food and attack any competition.

Hello, I don't think it's wise to go by inches of fish, or the number...what determines the fish for your tank should be the needs of each fish. Saltwater fish are territorial and they need their space, cramp them and they get evil to each other. A small juvenile may be just fine for a bit, but after it matures not so much. They fight over territory, food and attack any competition.
I agreed but that have nothing to do with ordering too many fish at once, all my fish are peaceful fish and I do study or know them how they behavior. To me everything is based on what fish controlling your tank, mind now is Sailfin tang, she have bully every single new fish without hurting anyone, all of my fish now are happy together.

bang guy

Bang guy,

"Against Advice" = I do against your advice in regarding Clownfish, which I have a lot of experience from, I have added three more clowns, and now all three new members are following my B&W Clown every where, the two Maroons are still on the bottom left corner.
I hope a year from now you can send me a picture of all six of your Clownfish happily huddled together to tell me I was wrong.

I predict you will start losing fish to various causes, none of which you will be responsible for. Just random acts out of your control killing your fish.

I hope a year from now you can send me a picture of all six of your Clownfish happily huddled together to tell me I was wrong.

I predict you will start losing fish to various causes, none of which you will be responsible for. Just random acts out of your control killing your fish.
I never said you are wrong, every tanker have their own experience, and I pretty sure you are better than me. Hopefully I am able to show you those picture on April 10, 2016.

reefkeeperZ

I don't know what this water changes kill fish stuff is all about. Improper water changes kill fish. I For a long time was doing 50% changes regularly followed by a 90% intermittently. I never had faster growing corals or healthier looking and acting fish as well as rather rampant benthic fauna. feel free to look up reefkprZ threads, tanks, pictures posts etc.(my real account I'm stuck in this one till I can re-access my old one) then please tell me that the pictures of my stuff under that water change ritual is showing it killing them. Oh and hey guys. I se some of the old hats are still kicking around in the dusty corners.

reefkeeperZ

Bang guy,

"Against Advice" = I do against your advice in regarding Clownfish, which I have a lot of experience from, I have added three more clowns, and now all three new members are following my B&W Clown every where, the two Maroons are still on the bottom left corner.
I'll quote some one in the field I respect very much "it's amazing how somethings will survive no matter how hard you try to kill them"

I'll quote some one in the field I respect very much "it's amazing how somethings will survive no matter how hard you try to kill them"
Thanks. It seems to me you know my tank more than me. I just went to Manhattan Aqu at 37 Street New York City, one tank have more than 10 Clowns, one tank have about 10 blue tangs, and another tank have 10 yellow tangs, is it something wrong with this LFS, yes, will I copy this, never, I do believe you are questioning my judgment. By the way how many fish in your tank, not another one who only have two FISH and tell people what to do?

you can see the scopas and the six line there is a blenny and a coral beauty in there as well, so 4 fish in that 75g.
From your old tank, i noticed that you have spent a lot of money on corals, but not much on the fish, you are not even have ONE CLOWN, YOU DON'T LIKE FISH???????

reefkeeperZ

actually I had a breeding pair of GSM clowns in there at one point I sold to a local aquaculture program because they became too agressive to all the tank mates once they got to breeding age they tried to kill everything. I love fish and I want them to live happily.

At one point I have total of 8 clowns, a pair of each for Maroon, Tomato, B&W, and regular, they are all fight with the each another for three months, only one get hart very bad (lost the tail), after that everyone took care the one get hurt, they are all happy at the time, and that all I knew about my CLOWNFISH.

reefkeeperZ

I feel the need to inform you that you are talking with a long time practitioner of "outside the normal" when it comes to tank keeping, my mushroom in a blender experiment, feeding 5-7 times a day, 50-90% water change guy, but I don't combat with things we know from years of keeping fish and reefs because we know the end result of housing too many clowns for an extended period in too small of a tank. if it was a 500-1000g 9 clowns would be feasible easily for long term. Any how its just my opinion feel free to disregard any experienced advice you receive from anyone.

Feel free to show us a picture of your tank, and keep us updated with a detailed photo journal I'm sure lots of us would love to see how well you succeed in this.

Last edited:
I have a 110G tank, and I will not get any more clown. If I have six clowns, six different fish, or six angels, will that make any different By the way I do have two adult clowns.

I feel the need to inform you that you are talking with a long time practitioner of "outside the normal" when it comes to tank keeping, my mushroom in a blender experiment, feeding 5-7 times a day, 50-90% water change guy, but I don't combat with things we know from years of keeping fish and reefs because we know the end result of housing too many clowns for an extended period in too small of a tank. if it was a 500-1000g 9 clowns would be feasible easily for long term. Any how its just my opinion feel free to disregard any experienced advice you receive from anyone.

Feel free to show us a picture of your tank, and keep us updated with a detailed photo journal I'm sure lots of us would love to see how well you succeed in this.

Thanks and I will posting pictures sometime next week.

bang guy

I've had hundreds of Clownfish in the same tank on many occasions. Nobody is arguing that it can't work for a little while. The issue will rear it's ugly head within the year.

bang guy

Here's a picture of a 10 gallon I had. This does work for a little while. no longer than a few months though.

Good luck to you.