Water prep and storage

symon

Just wanted to throw this in the DIY section, let me know what you think!
I am in the process of hooking up a R/O unit, i have had to buy my water to put in this thing!

dueces

really nice...this is my next project. Can you give some description of what you did? and used?
thanks

symon

I just bought a trash can from Home depot, there is a submirsable pump in the bottom and the plumbing, you see on the right side the plumbing allows the water to flow back into the trashcan, on the left i have a hose fitting and valve, i close the right valve and open the left to pump the water out to my tank in the house!
i think i have like 60 bucks into this, but the time saved is Priceless!

bgrae001

Is that trash can food safe? I was told that the salt would leach the plastic. If I am wrong please let me know. I used to store my water in a 32 gal brute trash can when I lived in the states. I just moved to Germany and I am having a devil of a time finding something to store my salt water in to age it. Any ideas?
Brian

symon

I have to say i never even checked , it's a rubbermaid trashcan, i will have to look into it! I have noticed that when i mix my salt , i have to recheck it before i use it, salinity was low after cycling for a weekish! well really no matter if it isn't I will find something that is safe and adapt my system!

dueces

Symon
I have never plumbed anything before so forgive me for my questions but.....
what size pvc piping did you use? is there a certain size i need?
Do you have it secured to anything or is it free standing?
What size hose fitting?
How do I connect it to the pump. Can i use a extra MJ 1200 to move the water?
did you get all this stuff at HD?
thanks

extremepcs

Hi,
Do you leave the pump running for circulation? If so, does it heat up your water too much? I left a utility pump running in my storage bin for 48 hours and the water temp got to over 100 deg F!